Home

NHL 09 Patch Released (360/PS3) -- Impressions here please

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Patch Released (360/PS3) -- Impressions here please within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #113
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 09 Patch Released (360/PS3) -- Impressions here please

Quote:
Originally Posted by original6
Excellent observation. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any either offline. Kinda makes the advantage of speedy players who feast on breakaway chances, like Gaborik, null and void. Couple this with the fact that even less-talented players can deke as well as the skilled ones, and you really don't see the player separation you should.
That is not true I have had several breakaways online and against the AI post patch.

In the real NHL you get breakaways with good defense in the neutral zone forcing turnovers on their defenseman. Unlike NHL 08 where you got odd man rushes every time you went up the ice from your own zone.

There are problems with the patch, this in my opinion is not one of them.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #114
Rookie

nyr30's Arena

OVR: 5

I just uploaded a video to EA SPORTS World just because i was disgusted with what just happened to me in a game against the Devils.

This is in OT and i was under pressure so i pass round the back of my net to my other Dman and planned to play a pass up the right hand side to break out the zone but the AI had different ideas.

I couldnt move and the Cpu came in and took the puck passed out front and scored. It was a fresh line on the ice yet my player couldnt move because it seems he was exhausted. i swear its seems this game just has the game won before you play.

It was an easy play that had been executed numerous times before this occurence. it aint a big deal but this is the sort of **** that holds this game back. look at how long i have the puck, its like 3secs and i couldnt move the delay was long enough to let the Cpu get to me.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2260897

Last edited by nyr30; 11-14-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 2

After another 4 hours NHL 09, this time with a XBOX360.
I am more and more frustrated.

I based my decision to buy this game on the demo version an on the 360-final version which my friend bought.
I would have never bought this game with the patch 1.1-version.
Now I own a game, which cost me 69 euro and after tonights experience I totally lost interest in playing this game again. I was forced into a patch which ruins the playability:

It is simply impossible to score from the distance!
All goals result from situations in or near the crease.
So if you try to make combinations and find an open shot your chances of suceeding are limited. If you play a dull "attack the goalie" game and "shoot in the crease - occasionally the goalie will miss it" you succeed. I lost today against to players who got absolutely no game. I created open shots and really had one of my better days. But I could hardly score. My oppenent deeked into the offensive zone, rarely succeeded in doing so. But a few times he came through, attacked the goalie - no deke or virtuous stickhandling there - just simple ""run and gun". He scored twice, I scored once. An in the second game again. 2:1 for the opponent.
Sorry, but that is crap!

Even worse ist the 2-player-game vs. online opponents. My best friend and I gave it up today, because if your opponent doesn't play for the first time you have no chance at all to win. The passing is b****. The CPU seems to get confused with the passing if two players play one time. You aim to the right and the puck goes down the middle, directly to your opponent.
You lose nearly every single poke-check-duel against the 1-player online opponent. The one-timers are just a matter of luck if you hit air or the puck. They totally lack control.

This was my XBOX360 experience, which ist - and that's the worst of all flaws - is still 10 times better than the patched PS3-version (which I own)!!

In the PS3-version the goalie is dumb as hell and regularly lies down with no reason. This does not happen in the XBOX 360 version.

Even worse, there is a cheese for the attack-the-goalie-game in the PS3-version. Just turn sharp left in the crease to fool the goalie and score. This cheese doesn't seem to work for the XBOX360, because nobody suceeded in doing so on this system. In the PS3-version it works on a regular basis.

I'm done with the game until EA decides to patch this patch.
If that doesn't happen I will sell the game and play NHL 08 again. Because NHL 08 is by far better than NHL 09 with patch 1.1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 2

What I totally forgot:

We played an online-game (XBOX). After approx. 5 Minutes in the quarter the game all of a sudden restarted with the opening face-off. After a few minutes into the quarter it restarted again at 20:00 an face-off. That happened another 3 times before I ended the game.
Anyone else with this problem?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #117
Banned

celtic78's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman
After another 4 hours NHL 09, this time with a XBOX360.
I am more and more frustrated.

I based my decision to buy this game on the demo version an on the 360-final version which my friend bought.
I would have never bought this game with the patch 1.1-version.
Now I own a game, which cost me 69 euro and after tonights experience I totally lost interest in playing this game again. I was forced into a patch which ruins the playability:

It is simply impossible to score from the distance!
All goals result from situations in or near the crease.
So if you try to make combinations and find an open shot your chances of suceeding are limited. If you play a dull "attack the goalie" game and "shoot in the crease - occasionally the goalie will miss it" you succeed. I lost today against to players who got absolutely no game. I created open shots and really had one of my better days. But I could hardly score. My oppenent deeked into the offensive zone, rarely succeeded in doing so. But a few times he came through, attacked the goalie - no deke or virtuous stickhandling there - just simple ""run and gun". He scored twice, I scored once. An in the second game again. 2:1 for the opponent.
Sorry, but that is crap!

Even worse ist the 2-player-game vs. online opponents. My best friend and I gave it up today, because if your opponent doesn't play for the first time you have no chance at all to win. The passing is b****. The CPU seems to get confused with the passing if two players play one time. You aim to the right and the puck goes down the middle, directly to your opponent.
You lose nearly every single poke-check-duel against the 1-player online opponent. The one-timers are just a matter of luck if you hit air or the puck. They totally lack control.

This was my XBOX360 experience, which ist - and that's the worst of all flaws - is still 10 times better than the patched PS3-version (which I own)!!

In the PS3-version the goalie is dumb as hell and regularly lies down with no reason. This does not happen in the XBOX 360 version.

Even worse, there is a cheese for the attack-the-goalie-game in the PS3-version. Just turn sharp left in the crease to fool the goalie and score. This cheese doesn't seem to work for the XBOX360, because nobody suceeded in doing so on this system. In the PS3-version it works on a regular basis.

I'm done with the game until EA decides to patch this patch.
If that doesn't happen I will sell the game and play NHL 08 again. Because NHL 08 is by far better than NHL 09 with patch 1.1.
ive scored goals from the point with girardi mara and redden in the game through screens and without and tricklers and clean goals. i have shot power and accuracy at both at 3 .
Old 11-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #118
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

It's driving me crazy that a game I loved has turned into a game that I hate, all because of a patch that was supposed to IMPROVE it.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:15 PM   #119
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic78
ive scored goals from the point with girardi mara and redden in the game through screens and without and tricklers and clean goals. i have shot power and accuracy at both at 3 .
I have as well post patch, however there were people complaining they could not score from the point pre patch as well so go figure.

The problem for me is the AI on superstar is not a challenge for me even with shot accuracy at 3 and shot power at 3. They can't score against me post patch like they could pre-patch. That is the only problem I am having post patch.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #120
Pro

OVR: 16

I don't know why everyone is upset goals are scored in the crease... Most goals are scored that way in real hockey. And I have scored from clean point shots, but shot power has to be at 3 and the goalie needs to be screened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »