Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Info Coming Monday?

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Info Coming Monday? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Cool Info Coming Monday

True, brinkman was the savior that turned an terrible mlb2k6 game into a very good mlb2k7 game. But here is where he needs to be shot.

Year 2008:
Took a step back in graphics and tried to hide the fact that 2k8 had the same framerate problem. Heck, he even tried to con PS3 users into saying that the 360 and the PS3 versions played the same when they clearly dont. 360 also got at least a patch and PS3 didnt.

Brinkman had poor PR skills in dealing with anything pre and post release. He knew he sucked this year and rather fix it or at least face the community, him and kushgamer ran to the shadows. Many facets of the game were lied about and the 360 game shipped incomplete. ou had to download the basic stuff for the game. I dont care about diskspace, the fact of the matter is that 2k8 was a disgrace to business, and to the video game world. The game itself isnt bad with its game play, but the way it was represented and the fact that it took a step back form 2k7 is flat out terrible Baa and you know it.

So while your speach about humanity is compelling, its very misused in this example. You want to talk about humanity and its lack of growing up or ever maturing into an equal society, then talk about the election, but Brinkman. Hes just another due who made a good game (which by the way 2k6 was so bad there was nowhere to go but up) and went from that goodness to gayness. Brinkman fits the old saying...you can sleep with a thousand women, you sleep with one dude your labeled. thats brinkman. Sorry for the analogy but it fits. I tried to clean it up the best I could. Mods can delete that if its to much for the community. But there you have it.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:20 AM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Last year he was a savior and this year he's being crucified. Guess the human race hasn't changed much the past couple of millenia.

yeah but...

Brinkman touted his work and to behonest really blindsided us community gamers with his comments. i'm glad his $%s is gone...

he single handedly rebuilt 2k baseball with 2k7 and then got rid of everything good it had. he relied on gameplay when visually it suffered the next year horribly when it should not have? he was a last gen game producer not for this ..

ESP after seeing how gorgeous nba 2k9 came out he has no excuse for it..he screwed up the blame should be all his since he was the one responsible for the whole games outcome. yet down the line he made it seem that only the gameplay was his ideas...
Old 11-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #11
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Last year he was a savior and this year he's being crucified. Guess the human race hasn't changed much the past couple of millenia.
lol...well, he was a savior to those who heard/saw "MVP 05" in his resume and started drooling. He got way too much credit for just being involved with that game (my opinions on it's God status withstanding) IMO.

The fact is though, Brinkman doesn't really matter. You could put Jesus himself (to stay within your cucifixtion parallels) in charge of Kush/2KLA and it's still Kush/2KLA. Hopefully VC will give this game some much needed direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
lol im glad to see already two detailed posts against this reply.

Brinkman was never a savior IMO, Im not out to say hes the worst person alive, hes just not smart when it comes to dealing with media,
he saved a game (2k6) then tanked it in 08, he was apparently the "captain" on the 2k team and he failed, thing is, he thought he was good and all these things were awesome for 2k8 and that he was on top of the world like nothing could stop 2k baseball and hyped up the game BIG time, and xboxers especially were left scratching there heads and playing MVP instead (which he was only part of a TEAM effort then)
I wish no harm upon Ben Brinkman I just thank god his lisp and his butt is gone from 2k.
Even if 2k9 flops even harder, it wasnt exactly going anywhere with Ben either soo..
Old 11-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
Even if 2k9 flops even harder, it wasnt exactly going anywhere with Ben either soo..
I'm neither for nor against the guy, but give credit where credit is due. First off, the hitting in 2K7 and 2K8, apart from the timing-only nonsense, is a brilliant addition, and possibly the greatest advancement to video baseball gaming in the past decade. And while I wasn't a fan of way the R stick pitching was set up, I feel they were heading in the right direction with it.
Compare that to The Show, which I love BTW. But there's no way you're going to see them adding similar innovative hitting and pitching interfaces to their game next year. As bad as 2K8 was in so many ways, at least they're attempting to advance the genre and bring a next-gen feeling to the game and game controls.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
I'm neither for nor against the guy, but give credit where credit is due. First off, the hitting in 2K7 and 2K8, apart from the timing-only nonsense, is a brilliant addition, and possibly the greatest advancement to video baseball gaming in the past decade. And while I wasn't a fan of way the R stick pitching was set up, I feel they were heading in the right direction with it.
Compare that to The Show, which I love BTW. But there's no way you're going to see them adding similar innovative hitting and pitching interfaces to their game next year. As bad as 2K8 was in so many ways, at least they're attempting to advance the genre and bring a next-gen feeling to the game and game controls.

Thats fair, and he did save 2k after 2k6 like I said earlier, things seemed to be in place for 2k8 to really step up and it went backwards. Thats my beef, along with his nieve confidence he showed while promoting it last winter.

However the Swing stick and Pitching were both invented by EA in 06 on NCAA baseball and they were much much more polished. the hitting was the best hitting I ever experienced.

But you are right about the show sticking to the buttom style of things and not taking too many chances yet. As for there being NO CHANCE of SCEA changing the hitting from button to stick only time will tell but I wouldnt exactly rule it out for 09 id say 35% chance. The issue HAS to be on there radar. But well see...
Old 11-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #15
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Info Coming Monday?

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is a nice surprise! The fact that 2K is releasing information this early tells me that they have a product that they're proud of...
Didn't VC work on 2K3? I love that game! I hope they bring back 2K3's exciting Home-Runs!

Can't wait till Monday!

Scooter...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 11-27-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #16
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
I wouldn't get too excited. I think I have an idea of what they will unveil, and I don't think it will be anything too interesting from a game standpoint. I could be wrong but just saying -- go in with low expectations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »