Home

NCAA Basketball 10 Videos (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 Videos (Gamespot) within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #41
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Basketball 10 Videos (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Auburn vs Kansas video is Human vs cpu and there is no identifier under the cpu ballhandler.

Annoyed that this apparently didn't get fixed from last year to this year.
If this is the case in the final build I will pass this year.

Not trying to be negative here, but if they can't get this right I think other "very basic" elements will suffer lackluster upgrades as well. I hope something has been done to the dynasty because that sucker was as bland as an old food stamp peach. Presentaion is going to be good but it alone does not keep the ship afloat, its other small details that matter more to the playability and lifespan of the game. As with the football game I hope were not seeing neglect in basic imperative features that get left behind in the big marketing push. It would be a real shame this year to have a decent game be plauged with an inability to identify the FREAKING A.I. PLAYERS ON THE COURT!!

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 10-18-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #42
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead
I checked it out and you are absolutely right. The courts seem smaller and the game seems darker and less vibrant than Live.

Hopefully it's just the way the vids were captured.
Wow yeah its true, well we will know when the demo drops .
Old 10-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #43
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

The smaller court size compared to Live is just due to different camera angles and zoom levels. It's no big deal people. Those are fully customizable.

I like the animation of Al Skinner trying to fire up his team in the top left corner during the UM vs. BC game. It made me laugh.

There are more free throw dribble routine animations this year, and the addition of an academic major on the stat box is an awesome little touch.

The offensive sets look fantastic. I'm pumped about being able to call entire offenses on the fly like you can with defense. Plus, this feature has unlimited potential for improving the CPU's intelligence.

I really liked the player indicators showing name, attribute strength, and stamina the whole time. I do wish it would show the name of the CPU player with the ball though. It needs to be in there so we can know if we have the correct defensive matchup. This seems like something that could be fixed before the final product IF A DEV READS OUR FEEDBACK.

Roster editing still needs more features like a FA player pool, individual face/hair/skin tone options, custom shot animations, ability to set redshirt status, tendencies, and more, but the addition of black socks, arm sleeves, knee bands, and more face models is good progress.

Last edited by whittleboy615; 10-18-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2
I see very good progression in this game. The playcalling "so far" looks more efficient and the player execution of plays looks very smooth. I'm still waiting on the Dynasty info. And yes it is coming out very slowly. Maybe because there are no other real improvements/modifications. I reall y hope I'm wrong though.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Auburn vs Kansas video is Human vs cpu and there is no identifier under the cpu ballhandler.

Annoyed that this apparently didn't get fixed from last year to this year.
I will be pissed if there's no identifier for the CPU or HUM. That would be ridiculous. I can't particularly tell the difference between the different players based on looks, so for me to know how to defend them, I need their names, or at least their numbers...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #46
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I will be pissed if there's no identifier for the CPU or HUM. That would be ridiculous. I can't particularly tell the difference between the different players based on looks, so for me to know how to defend them, I need their names, or at least their numbers...
Yeah, last year I just chalked it up to an oversight, but this year I will be annoyed if its not there.

But I'll get over it and play if its not....just like last year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #47
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
If this is the case in the final build I will pass this year.

Not trying to be negative here, but if they can't get this right I think other "very basic" elements will suffer lackluster upgrades as well. I hope something has been done to the dynasty because that sucker was as bland as an old food stamp peach. Presentaion is going to be good but it alone does not keep the ship afloat, its other small details that matter more to the playability and lifespan of the game. As with the football game I hope were not seeing neglect in basic imperative features that get left behind in the big marketing push. It would be a real shame this year to have a decent game be plauged with an inability to identify the FREAKING A.I. PLAYERS ON THE COURT!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
How can this be a big deal???
Old 10-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1
I really hope the court looks smaller due to the camera angle. But I won't be convinced until I see the demo. I don't understand why the camera angle would make the court shrink. But I hope your right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »