Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Locomotion, 7 Screenshots and Video (EA Sports)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Locomotion, 7 Screenshots and Video (EA Sports) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #89
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Locomotion, 7 Screenshots and Video (EA Sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Notice the shoulder movement in the new NCAA 11 running animation. That's something APF2K8 had right, and I tried to point out in the Running Animations thread in the Madden forums.

Valderez, you noticed the same thing I did. There's a noticeable difference in the shoulder movement of the running animation. Looking good so far.

Oh, and the spin move isn't really new, its the one from Madden 10, you just don't see it often. Actually, now that I think about it, its in NCAA 10 also. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm looking forward to it. Momentum is what I've been waiting on.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #90
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Thunder
Didn't see anyone with dreads, and the percy harvin revolution seems to be MIA this year if you pause on the two florida state players, they are wearing the knockoff version of the percy harvin facemask.

Inexcusable not to have that in the game
Old 04-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #91
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

looks good, i hope it stays stalbe when i crank the game to heisman and the cpu wants to take short cuts

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #92
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Color me skeptical. The changes look good, but I refuse to be sucked in like I have been every other year. Every year on next gen we've all raved about how good it looks and how big of a change it is and then 5 days after launch we all come here disappointed. The new animations and locomotion looks good, but I'll reserve final judgement until we all are playing it.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #93
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Color me skeptical. The changes look good, but I refuse to be sucked in like I have been every other year. Every year on next gen we've all raved about how good it looks and how big of a change it is and then 5 days after launch we all come here disappointed. The new animations and locomotion looks good, but I'll reserve final judgement until we all are playing it.
true. this is how it is for most sports games these days with 1 year cycles...a lot of hype then disappointment by the sim community. everyone should expect 1-2 patches too.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #94
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Meh... Looks better, running animations looks alot better but something still feels to EA about those vids. I'll wait for actual gameplay before getting over exited. Concerned about those canned slips & missed tackles. Who are the guys they have motion cap the running animations? Are they athletes? Hope they have more wrap tackles in this game. Really wanna see what they've done with the LOS. Looks improved but some of yall take it to far.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #95
Pro

OVR: 9

Wow nice addition to the game...I'm really looking forward to seeing more gameplay videos to see the upgraded locomotion system in action. NCAA11 appears to be strides in the right direction!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #96
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Valderez, you noticed the same thing I did. There's a noticeable difference in the shoulder movement of the running animation. Looking good so far.

Oh, and the spin move isn't really new, its the one from Madden 10, you just don't see it often. Actually, now that I think about it, its in NCAA 10 also. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm looking forward to it. Momentum is what I've been waiting on.
Exactly, in past versions the shoulder was locked in place which is a lot of what led the long running animations towards looking robotic. The running animations definitely look better from the side view.

I hadn't even planned on buying NCAA 2011 used this year as NCAA 2010 was so utterly bad. I'll wait for reviews, and if the locomotion is working well, and the DB's are playing inside/outside coverage properly, and the passing archs / speeds are corrected, then I'll upgrade it to a hesitant used buy.

On a side note, I wonder how they are able to make the animations look smooth during the video? When I play on the console, there's a rendering problem resulting in missing frames unless you play it very slow during a replay at which point it is smooth as all get out. Any ideas on this guys? Think it's a build machine, hence more power & no loss in rendering?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »