Home

NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

Once again, EAīs Community Manager damaging the developers work

Is this a good idea to sell more??? YES
Is this an incentive for people that stop trusting this franchise??? Yes
Is this the BIG Elite news that Mr blackflash83 hyped??? NO, meaning another reason to not trust what these people say

If this was intended to come out August 3rd, no problem, just give the news people would like it, JAM is a lot of fun

By hyping a information that by no means elevate the value of the NBA ELITE GAME, just damages the possible value of it in the eyes of the doubters/haters

I am a intelligent consumer, I will buy this game if the NBA ELITE team did their job, like I think they did. What is very curious is that, the development team tries to have the community feedback, they even gave us very early videos, so that we could see what they were doing, and wanting to know what we thought about them.
Because they understood that without us, they are nothing, and they know that we understand basketball.

Now we see the marketing guys, that are calling us ignorants, hyping BREAKING NEWS, that have nothing to do with the actual quality of the game

I understand that this game will be changing until the last day, the changes are huge, and the time is reduced, I understand that the team is working hard and few information can come out at this point, I understand that something has to come out, even if it is not related to the gameīs quality, I understand that this is great news for everyone that is going to buy the game...

But the question is who is 100% sure to buy the game (noticing that the consumer in the last couple of years noticed the lack of work and dedication to the all time franchise fans)???

This is the reason why you donīt hype this kind of information, you hype information that will come latelly that will determine the quality of the game, so can someone tell Mr. blackflash83 ....

Let the dev work speak by itself
Let the demo speak by itself

and most importantly

LET THE GAME QUALITY SPEAK BY ITSELF
(without promising breaking news, and blogs everyday)

And stop giving reasons to doubters/haters to not trust information you put out, damaging this teams credibility and ultimately hurting NBA ELITE franchise

Good news nonetheless

PeAcE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #106
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Jam to be bundled with NBA Elite 11!!!

This is a good move for people who were going to buy Elite from the get go and people who were thinking about buying both games, but it is no way big enough news to get EA the media attention it would need to be any real competition for 2k11, with the inclusion of Jordan 2k will get free press from now till release everyone will know he is in a game again, so unless EA is planning an extreme marketing campaign to get this news this will only keep people who are already Elite fans happy and excited.

Last edited by coolcras7; 08-03-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Jam to be bundled with NBA Elite 11!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
this move strikes me as a desperate gimmick to get people to buy Elite. It's smart business, I guess, but it's still a desperate gimmick. I guess I can't blame them - they have to do everything they can to draw attention to their game and increase sales.
thats because it is a desperate gimmick. I want to play NBA Jam, but i am not going to buy Elite so i can get the other. I am straight.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 5
I thinks this is great new all in all.

People were complaining about not getting a version of nba jam 360 and ps3, now you will have it and free. also if you think about it online play for jam is big news because its not on the wii.

This is no gimmick is marketing at its best. the way developers have been talking its obvious elite will be a great in its own right. I imagine that the reason NBA Jam was a Wii exclusive was to keep it's wonderful sense of nostalgia from taking away from the sales of Elite.

But people complained over and over again about not having it on the 360 and ps3 so to save the sales they just included it with elite. if you haven't already notice that ea has september and october full of releases then you should look into it. there already enough competition for tax payer dollars without 2k.

the jordan mode itself is genius. i would even play that. but the fact that jordan is there makes casual people look and say o snap its Micheal JORDAN, so thats why hes on the cover of the other game. so now when people say "aww man why isnt jam on xbox 360and ps3?" they look over at elite and see a sticker that says NBA Jam included they will have reason to check it out.

there are no gimmicks with either company they just want you to have reason to pick up their games.

on october 5th pick up the game that makes you happy, after the demos that is.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #109
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Flite

This is no gimmick is marketing at its best. the way developers have been talking its obvious elite will be a great in its own right. I imagine that the reason NBA Jam was a Wii exclusive was to keep it's wonderful sense of nostalgia from taking away from the sales of Elite.
Which means nothing it is the developers job to sell the game, until we get some real hands on of the final product we have nothing to really go on about how the game will actually play, so far all we have IGN hands on from a not final build and it was less than stellar reviews, I have said from the get go that Elite will not be able to take 100 percent advantage for there new Physic system this year so them including another reason to buy there game is a good idea, will it work who know Oct 5 will tell.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #110
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

This is the Elite forum, not the 2K forum. There's far too much EA bashing and too many people wearing 2K glasses in this thread.

EA is not forcing you to play NBA Jam, and it was never in their plans to release NBA Jam as a stand-alone game anyway, so it really is a bonus that you may either take or leave.

Funny, when 2K does something different, everybody goes "OMG 2K IS TEH BEST!!111!", but when it's EA, they're desperate and trying to make more money. (Seriously? A company trying to make money? How new and revolutionary! I guess 2K never does anything to make money.)

I'm not saying Elite will be a great product, but all this brutal EA bashing is hypocritical and unnecessary.

P.S.: The Jordan license is there to increase sales for 2K, not because they're some sort of beacon of innocence that's intent on making everyone happy.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #111
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

With that said, the next ridiculous diatribe of EA vs 2k in here you will be banned with no warning or questions asked

This is your warning
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 1
I gurantee you, that they will have the full version available for downloaded on the psn/live during the christmas holidays or new years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »