Home

NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #81
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

This reminds me of when I got some stupid TMNT game just b/c Turtles In Time was on the disk (wasnt on the marketplace yet)....lol, anyway....no one can deny this is a good marketing move..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #82
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

I don't see how this is desperate, I mean NBA Elite is a whole different name, a person walking in the store could be like "NBA Elite hmm whats this?" read the box, like it and then see the fact that you get an updated version of nba Jam on top of that; with online. I mean NBA Jam is gonna sell on the wii either way, now just even more. And now this will give more casual fans incentive to try NBA Elite.

And EA keeps telling us to try the demo, I think they are pretty confident in what this game has to offer, but people are still skeptic because of their reputation of next gen games, this is not NBA Live. This will give the skeptics a reason to try, and they could actually could end up likeing/ loveing the game which would lead to better reputation and sales for NBA Elite 12 because people already saw what it had to offer. An most likely 12 will be even better

Last edited by NoTiCe_O; 08-03-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 7

Good News.....This Isnt The News We Expected Today Is It?. Bring On The Gameplay Vids!...Even If Its Only 1 Vid Ill Be Happy!.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purch
I disagree. Elite isn't gonna get thrashed in sells because it's gonna be a disappointment. Elite's gonna get thrashed in sells because people don't trust the franchise or give it a chance. Live 10 was a great game that deserved much more sells but people didn't trust EA. So what they're doing here is giving people more reason to purchase elite so when they actually try out elite they'll actually see the improvements made and see that it's a great game. Hopefully. They haven't been focusing on gameplay everyday to deliver an unfinished product. Think of it this way Jam's the thing that baits the gamers whiles elite will be the thing that keeps the gamers.
First of all, it's a financial thing. They wouldn't do it if it would hurt their financial situation. And then there's the thing with elite.. sure LIVE had some really hard years, but this here is not more than a marketing strategy to bait customers.
So I think you can't just say it's a reason to purchase Elite, for many of us, it's also a must!
And by going this way, they're simply shutting down other ways by not giving people the option to purchase a stand-alone Jam edition for X360 or PS3.

And Jam is much much more than a byproduct as you describe it (Jam's the thing that baits the gamers). It's a full version (at least the Wii version, X360 and PS3 missing a mode which is pretty important!) of what will probably be a very good game that many of us were looking forward to. So for the people who would like to play Elite, it may be a byproduct, but for the people who would love to play Jam, Elite will be a byproduct.

Depends on what you expect to get out of it.

Last edited by BreakingBentsch; 08-03-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #85
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Great job by EA! They are definitely doing themselves a solid by including NBA Jam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
I believe so from what I'm understanding from blackflash83 twitter
They had to know we'd find this underwhelming..mine as well told us this last week.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 08-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #87
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Official post at NBA Elite site.

Quote:
3 Modes of NBA JAM included FREE with NBA ELITE 11
03-ago-2010

Along with the revolutionary new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of NBA JAM will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available for both the Xbox360 and PlayStation3. Reignite your hoops passion in three adrenaline-pumping game modes: Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online.

Pre-Order Your Copy at GameStop

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that all new copies of NBA ELITE 11 will include a one-time download code that will enable users to access three modes of NBA JAM – Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online. Already set to revolutionize the way basketball simulation games are played with new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of the NBA JAM modes will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available, on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, when it is released on October 5, 2010.

“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played,” says Jordan Edelstein, Vice President, Marketing, EA SPORTS. “The addition of three free downloadable modes of the award winning NBA JAM is an unprecedented value add to a product that is already set to revolutionize the basketball videogame category”

Winner of eight ‘Best Sports Game of E3’ awards, including the coveted Game Critics Award, NBA JAM has been optimized for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to truly deliver a next-gen experience of the classic franchise. With Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online modes included, the downloadable version of NBA JAM, that is available with purchases of NBA ELITE 11, will include a robust single player and multiplayer experience. NBA JAM allows fans to challenge the world, or their friends on the couch, with Online and Play Now, respectively, or climb from worst to first as they take their favorite NBA team through a ladder tournament through the league.

NBA ELITE 11 featuring three modes of NBA JAM will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system with an MSRP of $59.99. It is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 2

People who say that EA is desperate or this is a bad move, why? EA knows no matter how good Elite is this year that 2k heads will not give them the time of day, they know their rep is damaged, hence the name change from live to Elite.

2K comes out with M.J. as their cover boy and he's in the game along with other teams from that era. They just made ton's of sales on his name alone.
People were already saying I'm buying this game no matter what. Not even knowing anything about the gameplay from 2K or Elite this year.

Elite who's game itself could be the better of the two this year knows people were turned off from them and had gone over to 2k and would not give them a chance even if they do make a better game this year. Now 2K says we have M.J., come on they had to do something....this was a good move to get some people to look their way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »