Home

Madden Developer Podcast

This is a discussion on Madden Developer Podcast within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #49
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

Bezo got the right list I think also I would like to hear about the developmental difference with NCAA 11 and Madden 11 since the consensus is NCAA is better than Madden this year.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #50
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
My reference was regarding the total number of hi-res characters (fully articulated models + skeletons) rendered on screen at one time. We have 22 players + 7 referees. We also have a fully populated half-resolution sideline, and our variation in rendered equipment is also exponentially more complex than FIFA's. Just sayin'.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just wondered and am glad I got an explanation that didn't involved somebody's cardiovascular endurance
Quote:
Do you guys have any major topics of discussion for future podcasts? I'd love to hear what people would like us to answer the most.
Beside some of the excellent topics already suggested I have two areas that I'd like you to address if possible.
  • What is the team doing for realistic player movement? Will there be a locomotion 2.0? Will we see new player models with individual locomotion styles like FIFA (where small guys feel nimble and big guys feel more clumsy regardless of ratings)? And will you finally eliminate the one yard, 90 degree turns at full speed?
  • What is done in terms of getting more realistic behavior on the field? Is a more tailored individual AI system like FIFA's Personality Plus possible?
Looking forward to hearing more about your view on physical interactions in the next podcast.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:29 AM   #51
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

In-Game-Save????? Please oh please oh please oh PLEASE!!!!

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 12

Fully functional and customizable "REAL Online Franchise", If that's not in I"ll skip Madden 12 just like I did 11 along with most of my friends.
I'll never get robbed again!!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 36

Offline franchise with the depth of Head Coach 09, but also with practice squads.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
My reference was regarding the total number of hi-res characters (fully articulated models + skeletons) rendered on screen at one time. We have 22 players + 7 referees. We also have a fully populated half-resolution sideline, and our variation in rendered equipment is also exponentially more complex than FIFA's. Just sayin'.

Do you guys have any major topics of discussion for future podcasts? I'd love to hear what people would like us to answer the most.
Will superstar mode get any attention this year? At least a new name maybe? lol

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Old 11-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #55
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
At some point in the future:

1) Any possibilites of bringing last generation features back to the current generation, ie Wr Shading, Individual bmp and run, etc.... save games.

2) Love to have , I think it's Ronnie Morales, chime on how to make Collingsworth and Johnson sound more conversational, similar to 2k hoops dialog.

3) Any attempts of getting rid of bowling pin tackles and having pro-tak become more prominent? For instance, instead of 4 or 5 defensive players surrounding a running back and falling down, have two or three in on the tackle.

That would be my big three.
This x100. I simply can't play this game anymore without the old ps2 features making a return. The game is too simplified and dull without them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #56
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I'd really like to hear about penalties and why they are so hard to represent in a video game. Aside from holding, Defensive PI and Defensive Holding are the most common calls you see on Sunday. In Madden one never occurs and the other doesn't exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »