Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #185
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
That's it for me, no problem with the story mode having the swearing, but the soundtrack is excessive.
Well, like most EA games, the soundtrack can be disabled. If you've really got a problem with it. IIRC, FNR4 allowed you to use your own music for the menus if you were connected to you PC or were using playlists saved on your HDD.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have no idea what people are talking about in this game. I've been playing the Fight Night series since the first installment and I've always have ranked pretty high I'm also an amateur fighter. I'm not trying bost or anything like that trust me, I'm as critical in the games that I purchase as anybody else. I believe that allot you guys that are complaining are spoiled, EA makes such high quality games you guys find things to nick pick at. You guys have to be honest with yourself and say that this is a really good DEMO, and we all know that the polished version will be even better. I hear guys complaining about foot work and the blocking scheme ... oh and the connect rate.. I've played guys online and the foot work is fine. The connect rate is kool if guys would play the game right then you wouldn't get hit so much, I've had online players only hit me 19% plenty of times or say even 35% I've also have been on the other end were my connect rate was low. The blocking scheme is great too it makes you become more judicious with your punching. I believe allot of players are mad because there used to FN4 and the "HYPER" punching that was in it no more throwing a million punches and cornering your opponent because in this version you can actually circle around the ropes, fatigue plays a big role in this one ( Thank you EA I got tired of almost breaking my controller to get out of the corner and away from the ropes against Hyper punchers in FN4) sorry guys you actually have to box this time around. So pleas EA keep it how it is Im already knowing that the finished product will be way better then the already "classic demo" u guys have put out, good JOB EA. The complaint I may have is I did hit Ali with a right uppercut and a Left hook, I don't care who u R, Tyson would murDa anybody with that combo.. oh and I have to wait a month for this GAME to come out!!! lol once again EA job well done.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 7

someone please explain to me in boxing terms how simplifying blocking to one button adds to the sim quality of the game.

I really don't understand how anyone can call this one punch blocking a good idea. It takes no effort whatsoever and you have no control over it. It's just a really stupid and lazy game mechanic. Punches slipping through the guard could have easily been implemented without nurturing the blocking scheme to one button.

What next? auto blocking?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #188
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamtino
someone please explain to me in boxing terms how simplifying blocking to one button adds to the sim quality of the game.

I really don't understand how anyone can call this one punch blocking a good idea. It takes no effort whatsoever and you have no control over it. It's just a really stupid and lazy game mechanic. Punches slipping through the guard could have easily been implemented without nurturing the blocking scheme to one button.

What next? auto blocking?
I don't have a problem with it because mixing up your punches still allows you to break through the guard.
For example if i throw a body jab to head straight 1-2 combo. My opponent might block the body but wouldn't be able to block the head.
It's not insta-block. There are many times when I'm blocking and punches still get through.

I would like ratings to play a bigger role in this blocking scheme. Better defensive fighters allow less punches to slip through etc.

What i don't like tho is how inside fighters that make a living fighting from the inside; don't really have an advantage when they get inside. ala Mike Tyson in the demo vs Ali.

The footwork is just bad tho. Especially since the punches look so amazing this year.

the Accuracy is what really bothers me tho. It's way too high % wise, but then when i get in close i feel i miss too much. Makes me worried that inside fighters like Tyson will be useless again this year.

Last edited by Vast; 02-02-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #189
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I don't have a problem with it because mixing up your punches still allows you to break through the guard.
For example if i throw a body jab to head straight 1-2 combo. My opponent might block the body but wouldn't be able to block the head.
It's not insta-block. There are many times when I'm blocking and punches still get through.

I would like ratings to play a bigger role in this blocking scheme. Better defensive fighters allow less punches to slip through etc.

What i don't like tho is how inside fighters that make a living fighting from the inside; don't really have an advantage when they get inside. ala Mike Tyson in the demo vs Ali.
So its ok because its not insta-block?

I don't understand how a sim enthusiast can possibly endorse a mechanic that takes no player skill whatsoever.

From both a boxing and gaming perspective it makes no sense to me. why shouldn't the player have control of where he's blocking? What made that a negative in the previous games that needed to be dumbed down to one button? and once again, they could have easily added punches slipping through the guard without neutering the blocking scheme.

Defense is a major part of the sport of boxing and all we're limited to in this game is holding one button to block, another button to lean and sliding around like slugs. How the heck is this a good thing?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #190
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

I don't understand how a sim enthusiast can possibly endorse a mechanic that takes no player skill whatsoever.

From both a boxing and gaming perspective it makes no sense to me. why shouldn't the player have control of where he's blocking? What made that a negative in the previous games that needed to be dumbed down to one button? and once again, they could have easily added punches slipping through the guard without neutering the blocking scheme.

Defense is a major part of the sport of boxing and all we're limited to in this game is holding one button to block, another button to lean and sliding around like slugs. How the heck is this a good thing?
You go ahead or anyone else for that matter, lay on that 1 button block, & the custodian ill be sweepin' around ya or them, when he sweeps the ring after the show.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

I have been preaching this through out this entire thread it makes absolutely no sense why they did this. Not only does hurt the defense but also the offense. No matter what punch you throw first it will be blocked he'll the 2 or 3 I am bummed out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #192
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernut
I have no idea what people are talking about in this game. I've been playing the Fight Night series since the first installment and I've always have ranked pretty high I'm also an amateur fighter. I'm not trying bost or anything like that trust me, I'm as critical in the games that I purchase as anybody else. I believe that allot you guys that are complaining are spoiled, EA makes such high quality games you guys find things to nick pick at. You guys have to be honest with yourself and say that this is a really good DEMO, and we all know that the polished version will be even better. I hear guys complaining about foot work and the blocking scheme ... oh and the connect rate.. I've played guys online and the foot work is fine. The connect rate is kool if guys would play the game right then you wouldn't get hit so much, I've had online players only hit me 19% plenty of times or say even 35% I've also have been on the other end were my connect rate was low. The blocking scheme is great too it makes you become more judicious with your punching. I believe allot of players are mad because there used to FN4 and the "HYPER" punching that was in it no more throwing a million punches and cornering your opponent because in this version you can actually circle around the ropes, fatigue plays a big role in this one ( Thank you EA I got tired of almost breaking my controller to get out of the corner and away from the ropes against Hyper punchers in FN4) sorry guys you actually have to box this time around. So pleas EA keep it how it is Im already knowing that the finished product will be way better then the already "classic demo" u guys have put out, good JOB EA. The complaint I may have is I did hit Ali with a right uppercut and a Left hook, I don't care who u R, Tyson would murDa anybody with that combo.. oh and I have to wait a month for this GAME to come out!!! lol once again EA job well done.
well first of yall look at where u are posting. This is the operationsports.com website. pretty much the sim nation of gaming so yes everybody will go into detail and nit pick if u call it only because they want the sport represented in its truest form and they dont fall for silly gimmicks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »