Home

The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 14
20 years down the road, the head coach should be gone and a new coach with a new system should be there.
---------------------------
same issue with uniforms and stadiums. Dynasties are fun, but after a while all that changes is the players. College football is much more organic than just new players each year. each school should have stadium tweaks, uniform options etc. as the dynasty progresses. coaching carousel should be a given by now, christ we've been asking for it for 2 years now.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thou shalt allow a DB to catch a ball thrown directly in their hands

Thou shalt not have a five star recruit from Rhode Island

Thou shalt have recruits sign in state besides just floridans signing for fsu and/or Ohioans signing for OSU

Thou shalt have the odd good player playing for a non bcs school (Ben Roethlisberger went to Miami(oh) and Jason Taylor went to Akron)

These are just a couple of add ons to an already steller list.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #75
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

I added a new one. Realistic weight gain. After moving a DE to DT in position changes..he should gain 10-15 pounds in the offseason minimum. 2-3 pound gains would get most Strength and Conditioning Coaches fired. Same with LBs to DEs, WRs to TE, HB to FB, etc.

This can go the other way as well with DEs moving to LB, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 03:18 AM   #76
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I have to disagree with the expanded coaching goals. In real college football coaches are there to do one thing. Win games. How they get there is all ancillary. No AD is going to tell a coach his goal is to win coach of the year, or recruit a top 20 class. He's going to want the coach to win games. I don't even think the goals need to be spelled out and checked off. I think an approval meter (a basic reflection of media/fan/AD satisfaction) is enough. The more success you have the more people tend to expect (i.e. base on your team's prestige). The longer term of success you've had, the more leeway you should be given if you struggle, just like real life coaches that seem to have tenure.

And please pump up presentation. Not just a bunch of new canned animations but dynamic context sensitive stats, comments, etc from the pregame/halftime/postgame. I want to hear those guys talk about my team in an intelligent manner. What's good about it, what is bad, who the best players are, why this game is important and some history of the teams involved etc etc. Give me some team analysis from these analysts. I'm already perfectly aware too many penalties can spoil a team's chances of winning.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmerida
Colleg Hoops 2k8 was great at this, coaches would move and you would see teams fall and rise. I remember specifically that when coach k retired that duke would sometimes fall of because they made a bad hire. I dont need coach names Im fine with coachFSU but at least fire him if he is doing bad and let coachwhatever take his and bring his style of ball with him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by callmetaternuts

Make team style mean something. You can do this with a coaching carousel of some sort. It gets old controlling FSU and playing Ga Tech and dominating the option every time. 20 years down the road, the head coach should be gone and a new coach with a new system should be there.

This may be largely due to GT maybe starting a pocket QB by that time because the CPU does not recruit to its play style. If this is changed it could put a dent in the Alabamas and Floridas of the recruiting world. That 5 star receiving tight end won't go to a school where he'll block most of his career.This could also tie in with a scheme pitch.

Have the game assign them High School offensive and defensive schemes based on there type, Pocket Passer from Pro style HS offense, Scrambler from HS Spread, Pass rusher DE/OLB from 3-4 HS defense. Let that factor into which recruits certain CPU schools recruit and the recruits top 10.Also something could be added to where that Scrambler QB might transfer if you decide to switch to a Pro style offense.

Also the Devs could take the Head Coach route where players are rated based on your scheme. That number 1 recruit might be rated in the 60s in your offense once he steps foot on campus.
OKC Thunder
Old 02-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Need bobbled snaps, blocked kicks, blocked punts at the same rate they occur in real life.

AI needs a better return game on both punts and KO returns.

The AI with spread QB's need to run the option better.

Better stat engine. Make it mirror real life including gains over 20 yards by running backs.

So let it be written, so let it be done.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thou shall make player ratings truly matter. No bs heisman bumps, home field bumps, rival bumps, or your on a role and code dictated a "let down" game bump.

By all of this I mean make my damn 95+ overall DE freaking own that crappy 75 overall OT that happens to be lined up across from him. No Heisman level "boost" to that crappy tackles ability. If you want to make it harder EA, make the damn CPU double him with the guard or a TE, or have to keep the RB in to chip him. Even then the stud still might get you. And is there a good DE on the other side and some pretty good DT's on that line, so there isnt much the less talented team can do by double teaming? THAT'S THE FREAKING POINT OF RECRUITING AND BUILDING A STRONG TEAM.

If my TE is a freaking stud, other players or the CPU should be screwed if they try to cover him with some 78 speed LB. Hell the damn CPU can get away with covering a fairly good WR with some average LB. REALLY?? Call the damn proper defense based on PERSONNEL!!!!

And voila because the correct personnel are out there and players abilities matter, you can run the freaking zone read again, or out of the shotgun in general.

That is most of football. What are your strength's player wise and what are your weaknesses? Plan and play accordingly. Its a chess game. EA needs to realize this. Give and take. Balancing stopping the run and pass. Safeties and Corners up? Could get beat deep. Dime? Could bust a run on you if your not careful. 3rd and long and against a crappy team? You called dime man with pass commit? Even then have you ever seen blanket coverage in a situation that isnt a failed screen or deep bomb?

Oh and let me put in my damn entrance music as a custom stadium sound. Then I might actually use this damn feature.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #80
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Need bobbled snaps, blocked kicks, blocked punts at the same rate they occur in real life.

AI needs a better return game on both punts and KO returns.

The AI with spread QB's need to run the option better.
Agree with everything you posted but especially these.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »