Home

NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #113
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
Roggie, you could market it the other way. you could announce your biggest new feature 1st, which gets everyone geeked up. that excitement could build for 3 months, as you add on to that big feature announcement with auxillery stuff like the pylon physics, visual enhancements, dreadlocks, etc. by doing the dripping faucet thing works, it can have the reverse effect of turning off some people as they don't see major improvements early on that would keep them interested through release.
Sure, some people would stay excited. But more people would lose interest seeing less "important" upgrades as time goes on compared to those who would lose interest with a build up of smaller upgrades to the main ones at the end.

Would you rather hear about a huge update 4 months before a game came out, or a couple weeks before? Personally, I'd take it later. If I hear about it 4 months before, I'll read into it, learn all about it, then by the time 4 months roll around, the hype around it will just be gone. Having learned and studied enough about marketing, I'm in the majority in being wired this way.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 03-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #114
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

they usually save the bigger stuff for media events, like the EA Draft Night Event and E3.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 03-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #115
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

Pylon physics...? Is that something you really want to emphasize like it's something anyone really cares about? Of all the things that could be fixed/tweaked/added, I wonder which one of them thought that, not only that fixing the pylon physics would be a huge deal, but let's showcase it as if it's a game changing event.

I am getting a strong "wind socks" vibe after watching that video. Yikes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #116
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
Pylon physics...? Is that something you really want to emphasize like it's something anyone really cares about? Of all the things that could be fixed/tweaked/added, I wonder which one of them thought that, not only that fixing the pylon physics would be a huge deal, but let's showcase it as if it's a game changing event.

I am getting a strong "wind socks" vibe after watching that video. Yikes.
1. this is not an EA video. they were asked about it and they answered. whether they told the interviewers to ask that question on purpose or not, I have no clue. either way, I don't see how anyone could take that as a "game changing" event from that video.

2. Windsocks were never promoted as a big item, it was a 1 line mention in a blog about many small details that were added for NCAA 10. people have been exaggerating that for far too long now, it's not really funny anymore.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 03-27-2011, 04:51 AM   #117
Banned

Bumi's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vols bravesfan
You do realize we have been asking for Dreads for years, right?
Well, technically, we weren't asking for them last gen. Same with pylon physics. Just saying...
Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 0
So you mean to tell me that for 12 months Ea worked on real time physics? Not for the player models but for some dang pylons? WTF
Old 03-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #119
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
Here's an article from my experience in 2010 for the '11 title.

http://traditionsportsonline.com/ea-...w-with-rynoaid
So how early would you guys receive a copy of 11?
Old 03-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #120
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Sure, some people would stay excited. But more people would lose interest seeing less "important" upgrades as time goes on compared to those who would lose interest with a build up of smaller upgrades to the main ones at the end.

Would you rather hear about a huge update 4 months before a game came out, or a couple weeks before? Personally, I'd take it later. If I hear about it 4 months before, I'll read into it, learn all about it, then by the time 4 months roll around, the hype around it will just be gone. Having learned and studied enough about marketing, I'm in the majority in being wired this way.
you really think that? i don't. I don't think you'll be able to learn all about it because they won't release all the info about it. the info they've released thus far has been released with an apathetic tone. most have said it's just more fluff and they want to hear more. just check out the forums here. that's why the visual upgrades and playbook threads keep getting honked up with folks asking about gameplay. that's why you see hype for summer blockbuster releases in January. they want to build excitement. If you know that the game has a some kind of dynamic change to gameplay, most folks would be like, oh snap, I can't wait to get my hands on this to see how it works. then you add in the new lighting, dreads, pylon physics and what ever other visual changes, it's like layes on the tiramisu. just makes it better, i think. it'd be like oh cool, we got dreads to go along with the gameplay, damn I REALLY can't wait to get this now because we been asking for dreads sonce next gen!! just my $0.02.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »