Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #265
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

nevermind..i see what you mean but i have to zoom..i do not want to..i guess there is no way to set the club at address..thanks anyways!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #266
MVP

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
nevermind..i see what you mean but i have to zoom..i do not want to..i guess there is no way to set the club at address..thanks anyways!
You do not have to in the final version.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #267
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Fair enough. I will simply stay away from replying to users who don't like the game. Since the user I posted that to had stated he could not stand the game and was sticking with TW11, I did not see the harm, but so be it.
I really didn't mind the comment. In fact, I think it would be more honest if you said that to more of us. Many are hitting you up to see if the game is actually better than the demo implies. It's clear that there is a small segment of us that are just not going to appreciate the new game.

But from most of what I have read, I think the game is going to do well with the majority of gamers. More importantly, I expect it to sell more copies than last year, and I doubt there will be many unhappy customers. I think EA is simply doing what it takes to sell more copies.

I think some of us just had a different impression of what you would think of this game. Your impressions don't fit in with what we thought you felt about the game last year. I do think you are being sincere, though.

In fact, one huge problem with assessing this year's game is narrowing down how it will be played. I can see Wii and Move users getting a lot more out of the Caddy. I'm pretty sure you are a Move player.

But yeah, it looks like I will stick with TW 11. The problem with the next year comment is that I have no illusions that TrueAim will be back. I play golf games that appeal to me on certain level, and I'm picky. PGA 2000 was a revelation. It wasn't until TW 10 that really felt like the game approached the same level of immersion. I was frickin' ecstatic that TW 11 exceeded that by leaps and bounds.

If I am waiting for another decade for EA or somebody to make another golf game I love, that's cool. But TW 11 and 10 sold like doo-doo. I don't think the execs care how much a few of us liked those games.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #268
Pro

You do not have to in the final version."

Thanks Divot..if i can not use the zoom...and still change clubs..that will do for now and maybe EA patches..who knows..but it will prob mean a purchase for me. Would still love to know what these devs had in mind with the whole Caddy thing ..i really do not think these guys actually golf! I golf and i got no caddy!! Lol!!! It's one thing to Golf professionally and another to golf like some of us do. Also why would they make the caddy that intrusive on the higher levels..keep it on the lower levels for the people that want to guide the ball manually thru the air.They should know the people who play those levels do not want that. But heh..its EA.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #269
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm still on the fence. I played the demo again last night (360, controller) and just can't get over the disconnected feeling I have with 12 versus the immersion of 11. I was a sport and tried some holes with no caddy, but my information seems limited that I have available compared to 11's yardadge markers, carry distance, etc. It's too precise now. So, went back to my caddy and tried to play his way.

It IS challenging, because it's so hard to hit the percentages correctly. But the problem is, I don't feel like I'm thinking or having to figure anything out for myself with this system, so I feel disconnected from the game. Last year's seems so much more rewarding.

This year's is a beautiful game, and with the Masters and the inclusion of some DLC in offline career, that's great. The caddy is an interesting idea as well to help bring in more players and sell more copies. I like the way the green grid looks in 12 too (save for the caddie's Circle of Hope). But man...feel more like a specatator in the demo than a participant I guess.

I find myself wondering if I'd rather get this or stick with 11 and get Homefront or Crysis 2 or Shift 2 tomorrow (along with NASCAR ).

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #270
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
I'm still on the fence. I played the demo again last night (360, controller) and just can't get over the disconnected feeling I have with 12 versus the immersion of 11. I was a sport and tried some holes with no caddy, but my information seems limited that I have available compared to 11's yardadge markers, carry distance, etc. It's too precise now. So, went back to my caddy and tried to play his way.

It IS challenging, because it's so hard to hit the percentages correctly. But the problem is, I don't feel like I'm thinking or having to figure anything out for myself with this system, so I feel disconnected from the game. Last year's seems so much more rewarding.

This year's is a beautiful game, and with the Masters and the inclusion of some DLC in offline career, that's great. The caddy is an interesting idea as well to help bring in more players and sell more copies. I like the way the green grid looks in 12 too (save for the caddie's Circle of Hope). But man...feel more like a specatator in the demo than a participant I guess.

I find myself wondering if I'd rather get this or stick with 11 and get Homefront or Crysis 2 or Shift 2 tomorrow (along with NASCAR ).
I went back to the demo and tried it on the hardest level (Tournament I think). I disabled the caddy and tried to ignore his selections, which is difficult because they are staring you in the face. Aiming could still be done in zoomed view, just no circle, but you just aim the center of the screen up.

The bad part? No idea how far each club goes. I couldnt find the wind either. Its aggravating to say the least. Of course, they generally pull the right club, but found it aggravating. You just step up with no thought other than left sick back, left stick through. Meh

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:22 AM   #271
All Star

OVR: 13

Seems more like an exapnsion pack than a new edition of the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #272
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Seems more like an exapnsion pack than a new edition of the game...
The Road to the Masters is far more than any "expansion pack"....unless you have the game though, you wouldn't know this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »