Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Gameplay, Part 1

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Gameplay, Part 1 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #49
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Gameplay, Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
Maybe you should read it again, because its Obvious you didnt read it right. I said EA wouldnt have anymore predetermined or "canned" animations. They are working on the real time animations.

The whole post was comparing what BB has to what EA is striving for with the modifications to their engine.
NCAA Football 12 WILL have canned animations though. Are you aware of that, and saying they are working towards not having them in 13, 14, etc?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #50
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93
NCAA Football 12 WILL have canned animations though. Are you aware of that, and saying they are working towards not having them in 13, 14, etc?
The new tackling system, where animations begin with contact, is what being added to this years game. The same concept is being applied to both blocking and catching(hitting the catch button and WR goes automatically(sliding) into a catch sequence) to minimize suction to a point where it isn't a factor. This is year one of this new tackle system they are implementing, I dont expect or am saying it will be perfect but will be an big improvement

What canned animations do you know are going to be in there?
YouTube: TBD
Old 04-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #51
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
The new tackling system, where animations begin with contact, is what being added to this years game. The same concept is being applied to both blocking and catching(hitting the catch button and WR goes automatically(sliding) into a catch sequence) to minimize suction to a point where it isn't a factor. This is year one of this new tackle system they are implementing, I dont expect or am saying it will be perfect but will be an big improvement

What canned animations do you know are going to be in there?
Just watch the videos. Though the tackles DO look nice, and look much more natural than previous years, they are still canned. They're just implemented in a way that makes them look more natural. Backbreaker's whole selling point was that you'd (almost literally) NEVER see the same tackle twice. In Backbreaker, the point of contact and speed of players would have to be EXACTLY the same for the tackle to look the same. This is not the case with NCAA Football 12. While NCAA will use physics, it will use physics to decide which animation is triggered. Backbreaker used physics to create the tackles themselves. See what I'm saying?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #52
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i still think canned animations will be in ncaa, they are tweaking the range of tackling IMO. i dont to expect a sack animation where i have the qb semi wrapped and a lb cracks him.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 04-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 9

OK people, we get it. You love back breaker. So go down to gamestop and pick it up. Trust me there are plenty of copies because it was not that great of a game. Do I love the tackling on NCAA? No! R they trying to fix it, I believe yes. But it is not necessarily an easy fix. Nor is changing engines. You have a right to complain and voice opinions but backbreaker was a crap game.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #54
Banned

UMCanes93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
OK people, we get it. You love back breaker. So go down to gamestop and pick it up. Trust me there are plenty of copies because it was not that great of a game. Do I love the tackling on NCAA? No! R they trying to fix it, I believe yes. But it is not necessarily an easy fix. Nor is changing engines. You have a right to complain and voice opinions but backbreaker was a crap game.
How was I complaining? I even stated that NCAA was looking a lot more natural. I love the NCAA series and never had any desire to buy Backbreaker. I was simply saying that Backbreaker's tackling engine is different from NCAA's
Old 04-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #55
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMCanes93
Just watch the videos. Though the tackles DO look nice, and look much more natural than previous years, they are still canned. They're just implemented in a way that makes them look more natural. Backbreaker's whole selling point was that you'd (almost literally) NEVER see the same tackle twice. In Backbreaker, the point of contact and speed of players would have to be EXACTLY the same for the tackle to look the same. This is not the case with NCAA Football 12. While NCAA will use physics, it will use physics to decide which animation is triggered. Backbreaker used physics to create the tackles themselves. See what I'm saying?

we are getting way off topic here but i quickly add this, in BB they animated limbs where as EA animates the body as a whole, thats why BB can claim never to see the same tackle twice because the limbs/head/spine etc can flail in multiple angles. it was definately kool, however the tackle technique did get repetitive, the outcomes due to the ragdoll seem unlimited however its not.

the flailing of arms and legs did simulate collisions well but not always accurately, i wish EA had it, however it still had boundaries and did get repetitive if you looked closely. but its wayyyyy better than anything we had ever seen in games...

all ea needs to do is rate players better, big guys need to always win against smaller guys... the engine isn't diverse enough to show a DT slipping or losing his balance to simulate how and why a WR broke his tackle so play it safe and let the DT not get thrown off.

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #56
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Backbreaker decided to use Fox's NFL Robot for player models but the tackling in that game is so far beyond what NCAA does it's not fair to compare the games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »