Home

Sound off: Did the NCAA Go Far Enough with Penn State?

This is a discussion on Sound off: Did the NCAA Go Far Enough with Penn State? within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #33
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I think its pretty harsh and fitting....essentially a working death penalty. I still wish they would have just gave them the death penalty for 4 years and still wiped Paternos wins....but this will work....as long as they allow the players to transfer without losing eligibility.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #34
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Sound off: Did the NCAA Go Far Enough with Penn State?

Well, this punishment is harsh, but it could have been worse. I still don't see why the NCAA sought to rush this issue when there are still cases tied up in the courts. I'm curious about how this $60M fine is going to be handled; I don't want the NCAA getting a dime from PSU over this.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Old 07-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0
I think they did the Right thing to them, Should have done a LOT more to the Higher rank ppl....I'm blown away by the ppl that think this should not been done to PS....did some ppl for get what happen'!!!! Makes me sick...some other ppl should go to JAIL in my BOOK....you do NOT cover this kind of stuff up....NO MATTER WHO IT'S GOING TO HURT,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #36
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Ridiculous. They gained no competitive edge and I still don't know what NCAA sanction they violated.

NCAA had no business punishing Penn State. It was a legal matter, not a football matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So the PR advantage they got from not having a pedophile coaching the defense wasn't a football advantage?

Also, it's clear that the football running the school was the reasoning behind this punishment. If it wasn't for a highly influential football program, they probably go to the police.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #37
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

They got off easy. Not even one game will not be played. I don't wanna hear anything about the NCAA not having jurisdiction to punish them. The FOOTBALL coach used his power to cover up another FOOTBALL coach that was using FOOTBALL facilities to RAPE CHILDREN! That is much bigger than what SMU or USC or anyone else did. And those blind as a bat fans will get to fill that stadium just to troll the rest of us. "WE ARE.....STILL HERE! LOLZ!"
Old 07-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #38
Rookie

Yung Goat 404's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree with everything except the 4 year bowl ban. those kids are being punished also and i know they can transfer and all but what about the ones who just wanted to play at Penn State they whole life
Old 07-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #39
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Goat 404
I agree with everything except the 4 year bowl ban. those kids are being punished also and i know they can transfer and all but what about the ones who just wanted to play at Penn State they whole life
The bowl ban doesn't ban them from playing regular season games.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #40
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I think the AA went too far with this because I think they have no business in this situation. I still have yet to see what NCAA bylaw that Penn State violated.
The football team benefited from the cover-up, that's why the NCAA stepped in. It stinks for the current players that have to play in a crappy situation since they didn't do anything wrong, and it could affect how far they go in their football careers, but the program did wrong and had to be punished.

Like I said in one of the other threads, the main thing I'm happy about is that Paterno's winning legacy was erased with the vacated wins. In most cases, I think vacated wins are kind of weird, but in this case it makes a difference by taking him off the most wins record. Now he can be remembered for this new legacy, which would only be better if he could live through it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »