Home

Madden NFL 25 - How To Stop The Read Option (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - How To Stop The Read Option (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #41
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 25 - How To Stop The Read Option (MyMaddenPad)

I really hope the stamina/fatigue is cumulative. That's probably getting a little ahead of myself there though. I can't quite remember how Fight Night did their stamina, but IIRC there was a sort of round stamina and fight stamina and the more you spent yourself longer in the fight, the lower your stamina would be going into each additional rounds. Same thing would apply more so to a season stamina vs. game stamina.

Say you give your back 40 carries in week one where his stamina is at full-capacity, you go into next week and his stamina is at something like 86% or something and he tires quicker and such.

Seen it so many times with guys like Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander where guys get basically ran into the ground to the point where one year they're absolute studs and two years later they're out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #42
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I really hope the stamina/fatigue is cumulative. That's probably getting a little ahead of myself there though. I can't quite remember how Fight Night did their stamina, but IIRC there was a sort of round stamina and fight stamina and the more you spent yourself longer in the fight, the lower your stamina would be going into each additional rounds. Same thing would apply more so to a season stamina vs. game stamina.

Say you give your back 40 carries in week one where his stamina is at full-capacity, you go into next week and his stamina is at something like 86% or something and he tires quicker and such.

Seen it so many times with guys like Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander where guys get basically ran into the ground to the point where one year they're absolute studs and two years later they're out of the game.
Already been confirmed that game to game, week to week cumulative fatigue effects are NOT in NCAA 14. Seems like it's confined to just one game and done.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline....6#post-1352417

I would presume the same is true of M25.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #43
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Already been confirmed that game to game, week to week cumulative fatigue effects are NOT in NCAA 14. Seems like it's confined to just one game and done.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline....6#post-1352417

I would presume the same is true of M25.
Yeah I'm not expecting it but depending on how it works in game, I think it could be solid. I'm guessing when players are fatigued and perform these "slower/sloppy" moves it will be like NBA Live when you tried to pull a crossover or spinning dribble move with some big guy that would result in some clumsy looking move that usually resulted in a turnover.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I would assume it would. I just tweeted Shop about this.
There is no read on wildcat plays, the direction of the run is predetermined regardless of how the defense lines up so it would be pointless to use the feature in wildcat plays,nobody runs wildcat plays anymore bcuz the blocking is horrible for whatever reason.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #45
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlemkiid149
There is no read on wildcat plays, the direction of the run is predetermined regardless of how the defense lines up so it would be pointless to use the feature in wildcat plays,nobody runs wildcat plays anymore bcuz the blocking is horrible for whatever reason.
The run blocking supposedly will be much improved, so the wildcat may become valuable once again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #46
Rookie

this feature is cool but say someone like myself who will probably use the eagles playbook assuming its similar to Oregon's offense.How would you defend that particular playbook if your being no huddled and have little time to adjust on defense. Personally when defending the read option its all based on the personnel.1st can the o-line hold up,how big of a threat is the Qb, and how big of a threat are the tailbacks. IMO Kaepernick,Rg3,Cam Newton,Vick,Russ are the Qb's that have very good/great speed and have very good tailbacks that can make it difficult on the defense when defending this stuff. Personally the best way to beat the read option is to get the defense in pass only situations,most online user prefers to run on 1st down so that they can set up 2nd and 3rd down for manageable situations. If you look at the defenses that gave the read option fits its 3-4 athletic defenses that have very good linebackers and safeties that can run. In the end I will be using the Eagles alot this year in Madden and I have a feeling I will be seeing a lot of the Skins,49ers,and Hawks and I don't look forward to it because of the awareness I will need to have knowing the read option can bite me at anytime,however this option will come in handy imo i would play it safe like how the ravens did in the Superbowl by playing the Qb and not attacking the tailback with my defensive ends and on the backside using my 4 linebackers to attack the tailback in the read option.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The run blocking supposedly will be much improved, so the wildcat may become valuable once again.
sort of it just depends whose taking the snap and the lack of pass plays in the wildcat really limit that package to a run only package and Cam Newton is really the only "direct snap guy" who has the speed and power to be effective in a "wilcdcat type package" and yet still be a threat to throw. Denard Robinson could be effective in this role but it will interesting to see what his passing ratings are. I'll be using the Eagles more than likely this year but I may pull out my Seahwaks card to match up with the 49ers or Pats and in that case I would use Percy Harvin in that role but only in a 1st and 10 or 2nd or 3rd and short but in a strictly run only play,like I previously stated the wildcat is limited considering you can't customize specific plays....now that feature should be added like how it was in NFL Head Coach(Bill Cowher on the cover)yes I still play that game.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #48
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlemkiid149
this feature is cool but say someone like myself who will probably use the eagles playbook assuming its similar to Oregon's offense.How would you defend that particular playbook if your being no huddled and have little time to adjust on defense. Personally when defending the read option its all based on the personnel.1st can the o-line hold up,how big of a threat is the Qb, and how big of a threat are the tailbacks. IMO Kaepernick,Rg3,Cam Newton,Vick,Russ are the Qb's that have very good/great speed and have very good tailbacks that can make it difficult on the defense when defending this stuff. Personally the best way to beat the read option is to get the defense in pass only situations,most online user prefers to run on 1st down so that they can set up 2nd and 3rd down for manageable situations. If you look at the defenses that gave the read option fits its 3-4 athletic defenses that have very good linebackers and safeties that can run. In the end I will be using the Eagles alot this year in Madden and I have a feeling I will be seeing a lot of the Skins,49ers,and Hawks and I don't look forward to it because of the awareness I will need to have knowing the read option can bite me at anytime,however this option will come in handy imo i would play it safe like how the ravens did in the Superbowl by playing the Qb and not attacking the tailback with my defensive ends and on the backside using my 4 linebackers to attack the tailback in the read option.
Well, the thing is the fatigue and stamina system if it works as designed, is going to help cut down on the number of people trying to no huddle you. You won't be able to just go 5 WR deep no huddle all game anymore, at least that is the way they have said it will work.

Taken from the UTC impressions article on How Fatigue and Stamina Affects Gameplay in Madden 25

http://underthecode.com/2013/04/24/h...-in-madden-25/

"Don’t think for one minute that this feature will only affect the ball carrier; you will see stamina affect ever player on the field from wideouts to defensive linemen. I know we have all played guys online who’s favorite play is all streaks or runs a no huddle offense the entire game; in Madden NFL 25 guys will have to think twice about that. If you’re not careful your speedy Mike Wallace-like receiver will be subbed out for quite some time do to exhaustion. On defensive side of the ball you will see some very interesting one on one situations. Think you’re going to beat Chris Johnson to the corner before he turns up field with a tired Patrick Willis? Think again. Abuse your stamina meter and you will surely find your self being left in the dust."

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-06-2013 at 03:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »