Home

NCAA Football 14 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #169
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 14 Available For Season Ticket Subscribers, Post Your Impressions H

I've only played on Heisman. I'm thinking of trying heavily CPU favored AA sliders tho. I have not encountered Heisman craziness tho

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #170
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NCAA Football 14 Available For Season Ticket Subscribers, Post Your Impressions H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
I don't over analyze every fine detail of a video game, so with that said, this is hands down the most enjoyable NCAA title that I can remember.

I played w/LSU.

First game was at home against UVA, just because I hate UVA. I won in convincing fashion, 35-10. I just wanted to get a feel for my running game, and pretty much ran the ball 60-65% of the game. UVA did have about 270 yards of total offense, and over 100 yards rushing combined between their RB and QB. That was the first time EVER that the CPU has rushed for 100 yards on me - felt good, AND most importantly, the game flowed well and felt realistic.

Second game was against Alabama in their house. It was how it should be, it was a dog fight for four quarters, and came down to the final possessions. It was 17-17 going into the 4th quarter. I intercepted McCaron and then drove the ball down to score the game winning touchdown with 2 minutes remaining, final was 24-17, and was just an amazing video game experience.

Online gameplay can be a bit choppy at times, but nothing too drastic.
You mentioned something I forgot. The CPU can actually run! I'm on Heisman, with all sliders on default except HUM/CPU Pass accuracy at 5 and INT at 35. They gouged me running the ball, made nice cuts and special moves. Was fun to have to game plan for it and I still couldn't stop it though that's partly because my team sucks.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #171
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Only reason I would consider lowing the difficulty would be to tone down the CPU QBA. I hit about 60-70% of my passes, but the CPU has regularly been around 75-80%. That's with the slider at 0.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSUDemon
I just thought about this as well are any of you guys even bothering to play on Heisman or is AA the difficulty again this year
I started a Dynasty with Texas State using Heisman default. Automatically, the first thing I noticed is that CPU/HUM QB accuracy needs to be turned way down. I see some people already made suggestions in this thread to that as well.

About the game: I lost 58-21. I tossed three horrible interceptions (you can make your accuracy jokes now) early in the game and never overcame it.

I was playing on 8 minute quarters as well and got frustrated with the time the game was taking. By the third I wished it was over. Not because, I was getting my *** handed to me but, just the pace of the game was slow.

I'm on PS3 as well and I'm experiencing some frame rate issues before, during and after plays. It's manageable though, not a game breaker.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #173
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Noticed that the 2 star Qb's(93+) I went up against played well and torched me pretty good. Then I played a weaker one who couldn't seem to make quick decisions and kept getting sacked.

The weaker one was a 85 overall but was a freshmen so I guess his awr effected him
Old 07-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #174
Rookie

Something worth mentioning is the scouting aspect of recruiting will allow you find stars. I've found 2-Star recruits that are 75 OVR. You think that with four years of training camps they'll at least reach mid 80's if not more.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #175
Rookie

Played 3 games with Army, dynasty mode, default AA, 9 min qtrs.
Option is better this year.
INT's are returnable.
Absolutely looks better than '13.
I like the bullrush from the DE.

I'm seeing many of the same issues that others are seeing.
Day one patch isn't going to fix things that have been broken all this time.

I enjoy '13, played it this week. NCAA 14 isn't $60 better than '13.

In Dynasty, why is "View Promises" still an option on the Team menu? How does something that obvious make it through? And what less obvious bit is waiting to bite you down the road?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #176
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Played a few games. Im using South Alabama. I have played Marshall, Georgia St and Idaho. The CPU isnt complete a ton of passes. The QB's are rated low and they play like it. I on the other hand have been completing majority of mine. I just had a game where i completed 15 of 16. The CPU completed 26 of 45.

The rushing isnt as good as on the demo. Again probably do to the crappy players. Im averaging about 4 yards per carry. The one thing i did notice was the DE is always following HB on read options. Not once have i had to hand it off. Not sure if a better DE would adjust but the nes ive faced have not.

In the game vs Georgia St my LE was a beast. CPU controlling him had 4 sacks with 4 man rush. In the first half. He ended up with 6. There was an 8 point difference in rating favoring the LE.

I played one rain game and the jerseys were perfect after 4 Q's at 7 minutes. Idk what type of field USA ha. Does turf not make jerseys dirty?

Recruiting is taking some getting used to. I have signed one guy in 7 weeks. Its not bad just a bit harder at the moment. I like the amount of points you get for pre season scouting. Its the exact same as last year really. I could give the same amount of time to 20 players. I believe every 10 points is the same as 10 minutes.

All together i am liking the game. It does have its issues. I haven't noticed any bugs so far. Non that stood out and made me think it was a bug anyway. Look forward to playing it a bunch the next few months.

Edit: The grass is crap compared to 360. Its annoying. Next gen better not have that problem since its the same architecture.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 07-06-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »