Home

New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This Week

This is a discussion on New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This Week within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
But you're expecting photo realism from a game that 1. Has never had an art direction that would represent anything photo realistic and 2. from a company that couldn't even put out a release that was functional in 3 years.

If it doesn't qualify for you, then don't buy it. You expecting a company and a development team that was in shambles to reassemble and reinvent the proverbial wheel in one cycle on a brand new console is completely irrational and misguided. Your opinion is that the visuals are poor. That's great, that's your opinion. I don't think that they are that fantastic either, but I also wasn't expecting such based on the history of this company and more specifically this game. If you don't like it, don't support it. Plain and simple. But at least be realistic regarding it.

And I'm not sure where I'm beaming with optimism regarding anything other than them just putting out a game to the market. Did I say anywhere that I was going to buy and support? Nah, sure didn't. In fact you can ask other posters on here I've been one of their harshest critics and have no intentions of purchasing this years iteration.
I never said anything about expecting photo realism or reinventing the wheel. I think that they need to put out a game that gives people a reason to buy it. Has to have a good foundation gameplay wise and not just focus on dribbling. Just seeing a Live 14 title on shelves is not enough to warrant any optimism. I just as much as other people on this forum want to see a return of competition in basketball gaming, but it's gonna take more than what they're showing to do that. And if you need proof of that just look at people's reaction to the game.

Last edited by royounggoku; 10-31-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #82
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: New NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Signature Moves, Defense and More Info Coming This

13 pretty much sums up my own thoughts on Live 14 and the direction it's going in.

Well said sir, well said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
Old 10-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #83
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
you sounding crazy but anyways..being of the fact that i had every live and 2k game i would know which game did what...2k had sweat in one of their old games and it was cool and then all of sudden they just made their player face just get glossy sometimes when they look like they needed to be sweating where is when they first introduce sweat in their game(i remember the commercial they had with wade or shaq at the free throw line and they focused on that player sweat dripping down their face), they actually showed sweat dripping down their face....live always kept that way once they started to show sweat in their games...not sure why i'm focusing on this with you cause this is not really important for a game at least not gameplay wise!
I'm sounding crazy? Lol okay dude. Point blank, you said Live had sweat in their game before 2K that is inaccurate because neither game had sweat until the 06 versions dropped on the new consoles. It was both companies' "blades of grass" marketing at the time. And another LOL talking about you knowing because you had every Live and 2K as if the only copies ever made are the ones you bought. I have them all too. Google it if you must. Seriously
Old 10-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
And another LOL talking about you knowing because you had every Live and 2K as if the only copies ever made are the ones you bought. I have them all too. Google it if you must. Seriously
This made my day. Excellent line haha.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I'm sounding crazy? Lol okay dude. Point blank, you said Live had sweat in their game before 2K that is inaccurate because neither game had sweat until the 06 versions dropped on the new consoles. It was both companies' "blades of grass" marketing at the time. And another LOL talking about you knowing because you had every Live and 2K as if the only copies ever made are the ones you bought. I have them all too. Google it if you must. Seriously
having glossy face and actual sweat coming down the face is two different things..just going to leave at that.............man each of your post you been taken more words and turning them to the extreme not once i have said i was the only person in the world with games...so yea that make you sound crazy smdh...i done with you lmao..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #86
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
For that to be an accomplishment on a nex gen platform at that tells me all I need to know.

Im more conservative with my money and I think we had our fill of junk games (not talking about Live 14) on current gen.

My money needs to be earned, we've been down this road before, and ugly games with gameplay was played out back in 2002. If it was that terrific, Inside Drive and Sony NBA 09 would've continued til this day, but obviously people want more than half baked products.
And a pretty game with ugly gameplay, legacy issues, bugs, etc. can be just as, or if not more, disappointing to come to grips with.

A lot of the people singing the praises over some of these next gen games are just doing so to appease their comforts from preordering these games sight unseen.

As far as I'm concerned, the only next gen sports title that has "earned my money", as you said, is FIFA 14.

And why?

Because I've seen the actual gameplay. Not just a trailer.

Every other game has just been smoke and mirrors. 2 weeks from release and they're dropping snippets like a broken faucet. It's absurd. All of them.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #87
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
having glossy face and actual sweat coming down the face is two different things..just going to leave at that.............man each of your post you been taken more words and turning them to the extreme not once i have said i was the only person in the world with games...so yea that make you sound crazy smdh...i done with you lmao..
Good talk, bro....

Old 10-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #88
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
well good thing this is game is not ugly(when not compared to the other company) lol..but we don't know how the gameplay is going to turn out tho
Only when it moves

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »