Home

MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #17
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
I'm pretty old (37, wife, 2 kids). I live in UK. My free hours are only the night ones. I love sports videogames. There is no sports videogame the past years that can guarantee a good online experience. I gave up with online. I only have 2-3 hours and they were always ruined either by online "technical" problems or by unknown online "gamers". That's the sad truth about online.
that's not true... there is 2 sports games that have great online experiences and have rather large online communities. The best 2 online sports game at the moment are both by EA with NHL and FIFA. NHL first was best online experience when it released in 09 with NHL clubs and 6 v 6 works for the most part most of the time. MLB the show still can't even get 1 v 1 right which is sad. FIFA even can do 11 v 11 and well granted that's a doesn't work smooth but you can easily play 4 v 4 in FIFA and it's smooth. my best online experience was back when NHL first had online clubs in 09 though.. I was in a league online and we played 6 v 6 flawlessly for the most part on a weekly basis on PS3 which had free online. The Xbox Live version even had better online. If PS4 pay to play has problems with MLB the show to where it's unplayable this year... that will be horrible and many people should boycott this game and series if that happens. no excuses... hell. I am only getting PS4 and the show mainly for the online and I might wait now because how bad MLB show is on ps3 online at the moment. granted if it's just problems at first I can deal with that but if they don't have it playable online at all this year.. especially when you pay to play on PS4... what is the freaking point?

MLB the show needs to figure out what EA is doing with their netcode and servers because whatever they are doing works and has been since 2009. I think even NFL2K1 on dreamcast played better 1 v 1 than the show online... hmmmmmmm come on.

also, if Xbone will have better online once again.. I might just skip the show and PS4 all together.. as I only care about online sports.. so if that experience will be best on Xbone I might have to reconsider. if MLB the show online is unplayable on PS4 I really might have to think about Xbone instead then considering all the games I want will be basically on both systems.

ps. it's sad when even PES online works better than MLB the show online on PS3... that's BAD... I guess that would rank MLB the show #1 as the suckiest online sports game? I don't play NBA2k so not sure about that one.

Last edited by steveeee; 04-04-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
I hate online play, I'm old school, nothing like having my best friend over and playing together with no lag or anything.
When you get old and most of your friends are in different areas, have jobs kids...this is the ONLY way to connect. The show is amazing, but they need to get this fixed. Sony always seems to have issues with online.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #19
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
I don't even try to play this game online.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #20
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
When you get old and most of your friends are in different areas, have jobs kids...this is the ONLY way to connect. The show is amazing, but they need to get this fixed. Sony always seems to have issues with online.
still no excuse... SOCOM worked great online and was probably one of the best online shooters ever on a console and that was on the damn PS2 online... 32 max players as I recall

and that was by SONY

this baseball game seems to work fine online... figure out what they are doing right

http://youtu.be/Eshuy4mOnBE

Last edited by steveeee; 04-04-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #21
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I do not play online, has there ever been a good baseball game for online? if not, maybe with timing being so crucial in the pitcher-hitter duel, it may be a long minute before anyone can crack the code on a good online baseball game.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #22
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I do not play online, has there ever been a good baseball game for online? if not, maybe with timing being so crucial in the pitcher-hitter duel, it may be a long minute before anyone can crack the code on a good online baseball game.
NCAA MVP 06 and 07 were the greatest of all time online
Old 04-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #23
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I think they are already 0-2 with online play, and the PS4 might make them strike out. They aren't known to have a solid online experience and it seems like that is continuing. Your online franchise isn't part of the year to year file saves, so that takes away from it . They put forth the effort to improve online franchise, even putting in features not making it to offline, but you can't continue it year over year. For those who were going to do an online by themselves just to get those features are out of luck (unless they don't care to use the year over year file saves).
Old 04-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #24
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I think they are already 0-2 with online play, and the PS4 might make them strike out. They aren't known to have a solid online experience and it seems like that is continuing. Your online franchise isn't part of the year to year file saves, so that takes away from it . They put forth the effort to improve online franchise, even putting in features not making it to offline, but you can't continue it year over year. For those who were going to do an online by themselves just to get those features are out of luck (unless they don't care to use the year over year file saves).
Is it a definite that you won't be able to continue your online franchise in '15?
Those saves are on the server, correct?(I still haven't played online at all....so I don't know the ins and outs for sure)

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »