Home

First Glimpse of NBA Live 15

This is a discussion on First Glimpse of NBA Live 15 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2014, 12:18 AM   #81
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: First Glimpse of NBA Live 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeemdaprince
The bias is so obvious with some folks smh. You same cats that were GASSED off 2k14 ps4 Lebron visual's last summer are now talking about "meh there just face scans" or "EA is a crooked company". I can tell who played Live and who just played the demo. Live gives the player freedom, like one of these editors wrongfully accused the game of players just stand around. No they have a an auto motion setting that's off by default. For those talking animations, just stick to 2k because the animations will never be right without pre-determined two man animations (Mike Wang magic)
Spoiler

Last edited by King_B_Mack; 04-14-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 12:23 AM   #82
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Your posts are kind of reckless man! EA has more to prove then the other company. They need to gain trust back from the community again by coming out with a basketball game that is worthy of a 60 dollar purchase. I almost always root for the underdog, but they have to give an effort for me to root for them. Lets see if they finally give us that effort with Live 15. Until then everyone will be careful with the early info they put out to not be tricked again.
They both have to gain back trust from the community, so honestly that point doesn't even mean anything at this point in time.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:47 AM   #83
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
live updates before madden this early?
Old 04-14-2014, 01:50 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 4
Yet another gimmick. We all know it'll look nothing like that, but as usual EA got people talking. A+ for the marketing crew.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:30 AM   #85
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Not falling for that. Sorry. They can show me screen shots until the end of time. I will assume it's all lies until the game actually comes out. Not catching me with that bait and switch again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
They both have to gain back trust from the community, so honestly that point doesn't even mean anything at this point in time.

I know both have to earn trust from the community, but Live has more of a tainted rep. Everyone who has been following the two games these past few years know's that Live has more work cut out for them then the other game. You can see that with the majority of comments from this thread, youtube, and video game review sites. I just wanted to make a point to the poster who is not looking in the mirror.

Last edited by shutdown10; 04-14-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #87
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

How about everyone take a step back, take a breath, and realize that it's April 14. The current season is not even complete, nor are we in the playoffs. One of the heaviest criticisms over the past year is that the game did not look next gen. That in and of itself deterred a lot of people from picking it up this early in their "next gen" consoles life. They want to experience "next gen graphics". What does EA do? They want to show you that they are working on the players, with the scans that they've been taking all year.

Do they have to give any insight on what's going on with Live 15 this early? Nope. It's a gesture of goodwill to show that they are utilizing these scans, and working towards fixing that gripe.

For those of you crying for gameplay and animation... I hate to tell you, but we're a LONG way off from seeing anything like that. I can't recall the last time that a basketball game gave an updated look at the next title this early in the process.

Enjoy it for what it is. For naysayers, no worries, wait until a little closer to release and make a decision. I'm sure they'll have quite a bit to show this year a little later in the cycle. They can't afford not to at this point.

Let's keep this on the screens that are released, the scan technology, etc. Let's not turn this into a bash EA, bash 2k, 2k is better, Live is Crap, 2k is nothing but animations, Live gives you freedom junk argument. Look at the screens, discuss what you like/dislike and move on. Healthy conversations, not bashing one title or another.

Again, it's April. Sometimes we get a hint of information in early June. I'm appreciative of anything, especially when it shows an improvement over what's in the works to fix one of the first major complaints of gamers.

And again, art and gameplay are two separate teams. Don't say "they need to spend their time working on gameplay". Two TOTALLY separate teams.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 AM   #88
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Great post WTF!!!

I think all next gen games should look next gen. So I am excited for what all these face scans mean for live next year. I am hopeful that the player models also receive some work along with animation.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »