Home

First NHL 15 Screenshot Revealed, Pre-Order Offers Detailed

This is a discussion on First NHL 15 Screenshot Revealed, Pre-Order Offers Detailed within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #49
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 15: First Next-Gen Screenshot Released, Pre-Order Offers Detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
It's the same preorder bonus as last year pretty much. Would people rather no preorder bonus at all? I swear some of the things people chose to complain about really blows my mind. And I've no doubt if there was a different letter/number combination of the front of the box under publisher, those same total nitpicks wouldn't be made at all.
I'm complaining because offline gets no love and you can easily tell their approach or plan for development by looking at the bonuses. As you even said, it's basically the same bonus they offered last year. In fact it's been that way the past few and it has flat out shown their focus on developing the game has been online. Honestly, I could give a crap if I get a pre-order bonus at all (there's no reason to pre-order IMO), I'm just strictly talking about how they are showing online is their focus yet again. Also they could make a pre-order bonus for Be A GM or Live The Life. They choose not to because it's all a marketing tool to get people to spend more money on their online modes. There's other games out there that do pre-order bonuses for both offline and online modes because those games focus on both areas. I'm not really sure how I'm nitpicking, I'm just making an observation and opinion on the direction of the game based upon the pre-order bonuses.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 06-03-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:32 AM   #50
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
It's the same preorder bonus as last year pretty much. Would people rather no preorder bonus at all? I swear some of the things people chose to complain about really blows my mind. And I've no doubt if there was a different letter/number combination of the front of the box under publisher, those same total nitpicks wouldn't be made at all.
So people can't be displeased with the fact that for roughly the 3 years they've been pushing HUT and giving most of their attention post-release to that?
It gets old seeing EA drag out the same promises of enhanced gameplay, and new features, then spend the rest of the year promoting HUT packs, and HUT highlights, meanwhile in Be A GM mode it still takes an eternity to sim a season, and the puck still bounces 10 feet in the air on dump-ins.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here is what is wrong: Thortons eyebrows are too low/ close to his eyes, eyes and nose are not the same. Also the hair color is wrong. What is with the spock ear? The helmet sits differently on his head.

Not the same at all, and I did not even mention lack of beard.

Last edited by drog1602; 06-03-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 12:52 AM   #52
Banned

So them offering a preorder bonus to push preorders, like EVERY publisher in existence, on EVERY AAA game known to man, means they only focused on online? The reaching is amazing. We've seen one screen shot of the game, no gameplay at all, but hey EA's catering to the online crowd.

Bwiggy aren't you the same person who said 2k's goalies are better simply because they have a "push off" animation? Ignoring completely that 2k's goalies have the brains of a fruit fly?

Why don't we wait to see some gameplay footage before we deem that the offline game got no love, and keep in mind I don't play online, I'm a GM guy just like you and haven't particularly been blown away with the sim engine or the AI trade logic the last few years either.

I get where you're coming from, truly I do. But c'mon, lets be a bit realistic.

Drog: I'm so glad you can see eyebrow spacing from a side profile shot.. my god this forum..so amazing.

Last edited by SpectralThundr; 06-03-2014 at 12:55 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:59 AM   #53
Rookie

HUT is what is killing this series and is the sole focus of EA to make more money. Since the introduction of HUT, every of game mode has suffered and is going backwards. Yet, they choose to push HUT card packs throughout the year and ignore the mess with bouncing pucks on dump in?

Yeah, the focus from EA with this series is all wrong. I went from playing this series for 20 years, to boycotting it the last year. Mostly because of the direction the game is headed and thanks to HUT.

Can the afford to lose their hardcore fans? Do they even care if they lose us?
Old 06-03-2014, 01:03 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:

Drog: I'm so glad you can see eyebrow spacing from a side profile shot.. my god this forum..so amazing.
Eyebrow height, height. His eyebrows are too low. If you cannot see that...well not much more I can say to you. Its obvious you have zero attention to details.
Must be terrible for you.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:28 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
Eyebrow height, height. His eyebrows are too low. If you cannot see that...well not much more I can say to you. Its obvious you have zero attention to details.
Must be terrible for you.
He's squinting to see the puck.....

Last edited by Segagendude; 06-03-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
He's squinting to see the puck.....
now that is rich! I guess maybe a contact fell out, i hear they added that this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »