Home

NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
EA,

Please consider changing the yearly gaming cycle to a subscription service similar to iRacing. This format obviously isn't working for consumers. Come September 9th, it won't work well for you.
The NHL and EA's board wont allow that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #42
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

OVR: 0

It would be nice if we could at least play the ps3 version on our ps4.. That would possibly help their sales. I think a lot of us just want to use our next gen consoles.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Can someone confirm that custom goal horns are still here? Can't imagine they'd actually remove that feature, but, you never know.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Bri
Can someone confirm that custom goal horns are still here? Can't imagine they'd actually remove that feature, but, you never know.
Yes, that feature is in.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

So we know the puck physics have been improved but what about the so-called "multi-player collisions"? Have you guys noticed any difference in the player physics compared to last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #46
Rookie

I just did a quick comparison of the games and there is barely anything that was changed aside from some sound and art files. In fact a good chunk of the game files are 95-100% identical.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #47
Just started!

I've got XB1 and 360, and have logged tens of thousands of games in the NHL series (since Sega Genesis). After playing the XB1 early access (for the 6 allotted hours - don't even get me started with that f*cked up scheme by EA), I was excited about the new skating, shooting, and overall physics upgrades (but extremely disappointed to learn that EASHL would not be included). Since we wanted to continue playing EASHL, my buddies and I decided to buy NHL 15 for XBOX 360 (hope a search engine leads people to this post).

Holy merciful chr*st am I disappointed. Other than the announcers, it is virtually indistinguishable from NHL 14. Veteran players MAY notice SLIGHT changes in puck bounces and player collisions, but in the 30+ EASHL games I've played so far, those changes have had zero impact on overall gameplay or outcomes. The same sh*tty AI leads to the same sh*tty situations, and the same sh*tty goals can be scored from the same sh*tty places.

I pre-ordered the disc, and when it arrives I'll be returning it unopened. This product is simply not worth "new product" pricing. There's really no compelling reason to play this game instead of NHL 14 (no offense to Doc Emrick and the new broadcast team). If you're considering it, then buy it used or get it free.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #48
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Bri
So we know the puck physics have been improved but what about the so-called "multi-player collisions"? Have you guys noticed any difference in the player physics compared to last year?
The difference is that if you skate into your teammate, you both might fall down on your knees for a second, and sometimes when you body check an opponent, you both might fall down at the same time. Tripping or falling down after contact with your own team is more common.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »