Home

Madden NFL 16 Presentation Improvement Details Coming This Week

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Presentation Improvement Details Coming This Week within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 16 Presentation Improvement Details Coming This Week

Don't know if this pertains to presentation, but it would be great tp have past Superbowl/ NFC and AFC champions mentioned, by commentary or at least in the news blog. Also a history of your CFM Superbowl and playoffs year to year would be great to if it could be recorded. As of now it is not.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:39 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 7

Oh, one more thing...it would be cool to let the user decide to have the roof open or closed during CFM mode games!!
Old 06-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #51
Rookie

playajay98's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd like to see the Quick Play area of Madden be aware of the date/stats/standings of the real NFL like NBA 2k does. It would add a lot of immersion through presentation if I could boot up my game Monday evening before MNF, have Madden default to that nights matchup, and have commentary relevant as of that day (ie. the results of the Sunday games)

I don't play NBA2K much but its always magic during a quick game when the commentary/stats banners show xxxx player dropped 32 points on the Nuggets the night before and is leading the league in rebounds this month, in the REAL NBA. Please, give me this for football!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 03:14 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0

More than one pregame intro, give us at least two-three different pregame intro's. Plus the current intro in Madden 15 is horrible, looks nothing like what we would see on broadcast TV; and bring the coin toss back, how could you claim simulation when you take out the coin toss?
Old 06-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #53
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Shouldn't they at least expand upon what they added though?

The "add something, then not touch it for the next iteration or two, then replace it with something else" cycle is getting old. Since they supposedly have all of these teams, they should build a solid foundation and add to it every year instead of doing this tire spinning that they're doing.
They haven't really been doing that since Madden 13, since then they've been building upon the previous year each year. I'd expect improvement to halftime, but how much? That's the question. We already know from the recent video with sports gamer online interviewing Kolbe, that the window looks different and replays look to be from a wider more broadcast camera type angle.

You can kind of see it here, but this is for draft champions mode. Hopefully it is more expanded upon in CFM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (92.0 KB, 183 views)
Old 06-29-2015, 03:28 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They haven't really been doing that since Madden 13, since then they've been building upon the previous year each year
This isn't quite true. They've redone scouting, XP/Goals 2 or 3 times now. I hope they start building upon from here on out.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:00 PM   #55
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They haven't really been doing that since Madden 13, since then they've been building upon the previous year each year. I'd expect improvement to halftime, but how much? That's the question. We already know from the recent video with sports gamer online interviewing Kolbe, that the window looks different and replays look to be from a wider more broadcast camera type angle.

You can kind of see it here, but this is for draft champions mode. Hopefully it is more expanded upon in CFM.
Yes, that is the question. I'm not expecting them to reinvent the wheel or anything, but it would be nice to see something added to the Halftime Show. I'm don't make video games and don't know the first thing about it, however it would be nice to see them build a solid foundation and add something substantial to it each year.

Personally, I won't be happy until they have a pre-game, half time, post game show. Once those are working, then possibly add a Weekly Wrap Up Show that isn't repetitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
This isn't quite true. They've redone scouting, XP/Goals 2 or 3 times now. I hope they start building upon from here on out.
I was strictly talking about Presentation earlier... If we're ranking the three major aspects of the game (Gameplay, CFM and Presentation), then I would actually rate gameplay first and CFM a distant third. My two biggest gameplay gripes were wr/db interaction and penalties so if those two work as advertised, then I'll be happy with gameplay. CFM still has a long way to go (and I'll leave it at that). With that said, if JP is right and this new team just now started working together, then hopefully we'll start seeing some major advancement with M17.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #56
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Next person who just makes a post blindly bashing Madden that is completely off-topic and has nothing to do with presentation will be banned. This is your only warning.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »