Home

PES 2016 Review (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Review (XB1/PS4) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #41
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2016 Review (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I agree with A LOT of what you're saying Simao but there are a lot of ways that Konami could get around these issues that they're not pursuing.

College Hoops 2K8 had an online roster share and that was nearly 8 years ago. Surely Konami could implement something that as other games have it (NBA 2K) and it works well. An easy way for people to get up-to-date rosters, kits, created players, etc... would only increase sales as some are turned off by having to put in the time.

Previous PES' used to have Stadium CREATOR, not editor.

Edit mode, while I'm stoked it has returned, is limited by slots when they initially told us it wouldn't be. Just think how cool it would be if there were no limitations on slots except for your internal/external storage. People could and would create retro kits galore. I'd love to use a Samsung or Auto-Glass kit and I'm sure Arsenal fans would be happy to use JVC, Dreamcast, or O2.

Konami isn't some mom & pop shop. They have money, lots of it. They just had 2 games in the Top 5 UK charts last week.

Like you said, maybe with PES being their only AAA title moving forward they will throw more resources into but as of right now there are so many little niggles that set it back. Legacy issues too.
PES being more accessible in the edit department was one of the reasons why I fell in love with series. If Konami doesn't see how important the lack of sharing option files will hurt them than I don't know what to say. You listed all the solutions to those issues; I would like to see the stadium creator re-introduced with the potential to have custom adboards for all stadiums and a file share server. The possibilities would be amazing, just imagine all of the potential classic rosters that would be available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 11:22 AM   #42
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
PES being more accessible in the edit department was one of the reasons why I fell in love with series. If Konami doesn't see how important the lack of sharing option files will hurt them than I don't know what to say. You listed all the solutions to those issues; I would like to see the stadium creator re-introduced with the potential to have custom adboards for all stadiums and a file share server. The possibilities would be amazing, just imagine all of the potential classic rosters that would be available.
I still don't understand how Konami has the La Liga license but can't use real stadiums. Playing in La Liga in PES 2013 with all the real stadiums was incredible.

I made a post in the FIFA forum in a thread about the UCL License that basically said I have no idea why they don't have classic or "Live" matches like EA does with their "game of the week" feature. I know they do Live Updates but there's so much more that could be done with that license and they just waste it IMO.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #43
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I still don't understand how Konami has the La Liga license but can't use real stadiums. Playing in La Liga in PES 2013 with all the real stadiums was incredible.

I made a post in the FIFA forum in a thread about the UCL License that basically said I have no idea why they don't have classic or "Live" matches like EA does with their "game of the week" feature. I know they do Live Updates but there's so much more that could be done with that license and they just waste it IMO.
I know EA bought all license for the stadiums but it is a weird deal honestly. I still think PES 13 was one of my favorite PES games, the only problem was they killed Master League in that game with that terrible "unlocking boots" stuff.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:47 PM   #44
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
i honestly cannot believe this game gets dinged for fouls and historically fifa rarely had fouls and it always was given a free pass and it was never mentioned both here and throughout all review sites.

i am not saying i disagree with the review of this game. i am just blown away. and before i get flamed, read all fifa reviews going back forever. if it is mentioned, its rare and it was never dinged for it.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #45
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
i honestly cannot believe this game gets dinged for fouls and historically fifa rarely had fouls and it always was given a free pass and it was never mentioned both here and throughout all review sites.

i am not saying i disagree with the review of this game. i am just blown away. and before i get flamed, read all fifa reviews going back forever. if it is mentioned, its rare and it was never dinged for it.
I brought something similar up before in a post last week and stated that Fifa only started getting fouls right last year. I just look at it as a new standard, when you bring in new animations the look so well and represent the physicality of Football I think it is fair to also have a nice representation of fouls as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 03:14 AM   #46

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dema
This is a video of someone else scoring with Neuer on superstar difficulty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnMlwzqJ-xs

Yeah, I'm fairly certain I could dribble through the midfield and at least get a shot on target with a 70+ rated keeper 3-4 times a match if I attempted it over and over, lol. The game has its issues.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:07 PM   #47
Just started!

OVR: 0
The corrupt review sites write:
"An utterly essential purchase. PES 2016 is the best there is, and the best there's been in a very long time."
"PES 16 is easily the best title in the franchise."
"PES 2016 is a stunning football simulation."
"PES 2016 redefines what a soccer game can be. "
"The best football sim to date. "
And my personal, hilarious fave:
" Pro Evolution Soccer is finally back to its best, in what is undoubtedly one of the greatest sports games of all-time."

But what they don't tell you:
Catch up bug is still there.
Fatigue is still broken.
Goalies are crap.

PES = P.O.S.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:55 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yeah, I'm fairly certain I could dribble through the midfield and at least get a shot on target with a 70+ rated keeper 3-4 times a match if I attempted it over and over, lol. The game has its issues.
Wow i just did this with the goal keeper, and scored on my first try. Damn, this kinda made me think about not playing much more of pes16. This really needs to be fixed ASAP

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »