Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2015, 09:46 AM   #105
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I hope the retail version will be similar to the build you played.
When I went out to test FN Round 4, the jabs and power shots had a lot of weight to them.
You could keep a guy at bay with a good jab.
Same with crosses.
There was a lot of strategy involved trying to get inside on a taller, stronger fighter because you would get rocked if you got hit clean with a cross.

Then the retail version came out and the crosses and jabs were akin to a kitten pawing gently at your face.
It was the same with me, when I went test Fight Night Champions. The build we played had excellent stamina, poor accuracy of strikes so not everything was landed clean, and the power gave you a fear of just letting the hands fly recklessly. I report on how great it felt and looked, then retail hits and its a arcade version of what we played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #106
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Meth are we ever gonna get another boxing game man? You still play Fight Night?
Haven't for a while, I'd have to get some practice in

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 11-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #107
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
It was the same with me, when I went test Fight Night Champions. The build we played had excellent stamina, poor accuracy of strikes so not everything was landed clean, and the power gave you a fear of just letting the hands fly recklessly. I report on how great it felt and looked, then retail hits and its a arcade version of what we played.
Here is the issue:

Trying to make everyone happy.

For example, my goal is for the striking to be as realistic as possible and have real consequences. I want people who strike wildly and without purpose to get easily destroyed by people who are strategic and land heavy punches. When it comes to striking, I think realism is the goal of most of the gamechangers. I also believe that its the goal of the dev team.

The problem is the dev team doesnt have the final say in whats in the final product. Executives do. So here are the things that could cause a change in the game.

- If an executive plays the game and thinks that that its too easy to get KOd and striking is too difficult.

- If multiple reviewers say the same thing.

- Tons of online posters/casual fans say the same thing.

Thats why so many sports games (especially combat sports games) look drastically different after the first patch and subsequent patches. This is why you saw a ton of people post about how the Fight Night games were good at release and got worse after the patches.

With that said, I understand the tough position devs are in. Think about it in the perspective of your job. If you create something and your boss ask you to change something about it.....you are going to change it. You may object initially. You may try to convince them that the change isnt needed. But if your boss is adamant that change is needed, you are going to make that change. No one in their right mind is going to risk losing their job over something they dont own.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:52 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Yup. And then members like you and I look like fools because the game we spent praising for months is barely recognizable when the retail version drops.
It makes me wonder if EA purposely alters the game to adhere to the small collection of diehards that take part in these Community Days.
We go back to our respective sites/boards, report about how kickarse it is and get everyone in a fervour.
Then after said Leaders depart, EA flicks the switch and it goes back to being an arcady version for the masses of frat boys and 12 year olds that will wet themselves with frustration when they can't throw 100 punches in 4 seconds without draining their fatigue levels or getting countered and KO'd.

Sorry, I realize I'm coming across as a negative Nelly or bitter gamer, but I've read one too many reports from Community guys on several EA games over the past few years who experienced the same things you and I have.

I really hope I'm wrong. I really want to like UFC2. I'm not even a big MMA fan, but this game is dead centre on my radar and I'm just looking for excuses to pick it up.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 0

Ironically, the opposite has tended to happen in every MMA game. The post patch versions are way better. I do agree that striking should mean more. I wish they could combine the fluidity of the striking in this game with the head movement, ground game and heaviness of shots of UFC 3.

If THQ could have lasted another year I think we would have had a killer game. But EA is doing ok.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:59 PM   #110
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
Ironically, the opposite has tended to happen in every MMA game. The post patch versions are way better. I do agree that striking should mean more. I wish they could combine the fluidity of the striking in this game with the head movement, ground game and heaviness of shots of UFC 3.

If THQ could have lasted another year I think we would have had a killer game. But EA is doing ok.
I dont know if I agree with that. UFC 3 didnt have a patch. EA MMAs patches were good for stopping some exploits but I recall many people thought the game at launch was more realistic. I dont recall the UFC Undisputed 2010 patch improving the game much but its been a while since I played that game so I could be wrong.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #111
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont know if I agree with that. UFC 3 didnt have a patch. EA MMAs patches were good for stopping some exploits but I recall many people thought the game at launch was more realistic. I dont recall the UFC Undisputed 2010 patch improving the game much but its been a while since I played that game so I could be wrong.
ufc 3 patch eliminated auto takedown guys like machida had amongst ther improvements. they did many patches sometimes eliminsting things done in previous patches. the final vesion was clearly the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 08:36 AM   #112
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
ufc 3 patch eliminated auto takedown guys like machida had amongst ther improvements. they did many patches sometimes eliminsting things done in previous patches. the final vesion was clearly the best.
I think you are remembering this wrong. The neve patched that game. They did a few ratings changes but that was it. The reason I remember this is because THQ promised a patch for months then abandoned the game once it was sold to EA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »