Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2016, 01:53 PM   #129
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPowell07
Yes the gruesome leg brake on the checked kick. Like for example, if you check a kick just right and the opponents leg snaps. So basically are the grueling KO's and coincidental ones like that?
No and I dont think that will ever be in a UFC game. It was a freak accident and I dont think the UFC wants to celebrate or highlight injuries like that.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #130
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateNas151
Can you comment on if Event Mode will have different rule sets? (Pride rules, Kickboxing, etc.) I want to have different organizations for my universe.

Nope. Its a UFC Event Mode so UFC rules only.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:07 PM   #131
Rookie

Siorai56's Arena

OVR: 0

A couple questions on the roster:

First, do you know how the 250# is divided amongst divisions? Simple math says about somewhere between 20-30 per division but with Lightweights already being confirmed at 41, obviously that probably won't be the case.

Second, can you add any color to fighters being able to move up and down a class? One of my biggest gripes about UFC1 was how static the weight classes were while digesting some pretty big misses on roster inclusion. I understand being able to match Mark Hunt against Mighty Mouse is not conducive to what EA & the UFC wants their product to be but it was frustrating that I was getting some guys in multiple weight classes and others logical and sometimes actual moves up and down were absent. I've got McGregor who has fought at 155 but never for the UFC playable there but Barao who fought for 2 years at 145 and basically kills himself to make 135 now, not playable. Rashad Evans & Shogun have both hinted at moving to 185 but I can't play with them at that weight. Hoping they have made realistic guys that could float between classes a playable possibility rather than an anomaly.

Third, and this may have been confirmed already and I missed it, but is the 250 at release or is that default, plus all currently planned DLC's?

Thanks brotha, great work on this stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #132
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siorai56
A couple questions on the roster:

First, do you know how the 250# is divided amongst divisions? Simple math says about somewhere between 20-30 per division but with Lightweights already being confirmed at 41, obviously that probably won't be the case.

Second, can you add any color to fighters being able to move up and down a class? One of my biggest gripes about UFC1 was how static the weight classes were while digesting some pretty big misses on roster inclusion. I understand being able to match Mark Hunt against Mighty Mouse is not conducive to what EA & the UFC wants their product to be but it was frustrating that I was getting some guys in multiple weight classes and others logical and sometimes actual moves up and down were absent. I've got McGregor who has fought at 155 but never for the UFC playable there but Barao who fought for 2 years at 145 and basically kills himself to make 135 now, not playable. Rashad Evans & Shogun have both hinted at moving to 185 but I can't play with them at that weight. Hoping they have made realistic guys that could float between classes a playable possibility rather than an anomaly.

Third, and this may have been confirmed already and I missed it, but is the 250 at release or is that default, plus all currently planned DLC's?

Thanks brotha, great work on this stuff
Cant get into many specifics but I can say this.

1) The top 15 of each division has already been confirmed. Now I'm looking at the top 15 rankings and I only see a few people missing from the roster and those fighters are somewhat new to the top 15.

So you are guaranteed at least 15 in each division. Now some divisions will have more fighters than others obviously because there are more named fighters at WW or MW than at WSW or FW. With that said, I'm pretty satisfied with the numbers at each division. For example at Flyweight, there are only 4-5 fighters from the roster that arent in the game that I'm considering making CAFs for. And those fighters arent exactly big named or well known fighters.

2) Event mode has combined weight classes. The weight classes are (dont quote me on this):

HW/LHW
LHW/MW
LW/MW
LW/FW (?)
BW/FLW
WSW/WBW

or something close to that.

Like anything this could always change. The only thing I'm sure of is there is no WW/MW because I was looking to have a superfight between a well known WW and a well known MW and I couldnt make that happen.

With that said, there are more fighters that have multiple weight class characters. They werent in the version of the game I played but I have a copy of the final roster and those extra charaters are in there.

I honestly have no idea how EA decides who gets a character or not. There are a few guys who have extra weight class characters who have never officially booked a fight in a higher weight class and some who have who dont have a character.

3) 250+ is at release and that number doesnt include duplicate characters. The DLC will be on top of that.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:57 AM   #133
Rookie

Siorai56's Arena

Thumbs up Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Cant get into many specifics but I can say this.

1) The top 15 of each division has already been confirmed. Now I'm looking at the top 15 rankings and I only see a few people missing from the roster and those fighters are somewhat new to the top 15.

So you are guaranteed at least 15 in each division. Now some divisions will have more fighters than others obviously because there are more named fighters at WW or MW than at WSW or FW. With that said, I'm pretty satisfied with the numbers at each division. For example at Flyweight, there are only 4-5 fighters from the roster that arent in the game that I'm considering making CAFs for. And those fighters arent exactly big named or well known fighters.

2) Event mode has combined weight classes. The weight classes are (dont quote me on this):

HW/LHW
LHW/MW
LW/MW
LW/FW (?)
BW/FLW
WSW/WBW

or something close to that.

Like anything this could always change. The only thing I'm sure of is there is no WW/MW because I was looking to have a superfight between a well known WW and a well known MW and I couldnt make that happen.

With that said, there are more fighters that have multiple weight class characters. They werent in the version of the game I played but I have a copy of the final roster and those extra charaters are in there.

I honestly have no idea how EA decides who gets a character or not. There are a few guys who have extra weight class characters who have never officially booked a fight in a higher weight class and some who have who dont have a character.

3) 250+ is at release and that number doesnt include duplicate characters. The DLC will be on top of that.
I shall quote you on all of this and troll appropriately when I am not satisfied.

Thank you sir
Old 01-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #134
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Are there generic fighters included in the Career Modes?
Old 01-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #135
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Are there generic fighters included in the Career Modes?
Yes. I didnt go through Career Mode during my last visit but one of the other Gcers did and I there were generics through TUF and in the first few fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #136
Rookie

I had a couple of questions.

1. Is the career mode as deep as they say it is? I mean of course they will say that it's their game, but from a fan of the game how do you think it is? Do fighters actually have to pull out and does your fighter fill in on short notice for injured fighters?

2. Is the AI the best you have seen in a sports game and or in a UFC game? And a stupid question but are their more licensed referees? And do they actually try to stop the fighter from continuing a beat down?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »