Home

Supreme Court Rejects Hearing of O'Bannon Case

This is a discussion on Supreme Court Rejects Hearing of O'Bannon Case within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm in year 14 of my dynasty in NCAA 14. I never restarted my dynasty and I've played it like it is since the release date in 2013. I have no problem playing with Generic Rosters and still import the draft classes to Madden 25. I say bring a game out make sure all numbers are zero on the jersey, get the rosters and whatever their height and weight is, make sure you add or take away an inch to their height. I think that kills the likeness BS. JUST give us a college game and roster gurus can do the rest for the community
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 09:47 AM   #42
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Supreme Court Rejects Hearing of O'Bannon Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream6
I'm in year 14 of my dynasty in NCAA 14. I never restarted my dynasty and I've played it like it is since the release date in 2013. I have no problem playing with Generic Rosters and still import the draft classes to Madden 25. I say bring a game out make sure all numbers are zero on the jersey, get the rosters and whatever their height and weight is, make sure you add or take away an inch to their height. I think that kills the likeness BS. JUST give us a college game and roster gurus can do the rest for the community

Agree 100%. As long as the teams and stadiums are all there, I could careless about players. Just give me all the pageantry of College Football with Teams/Conferences/Stadiums and just force generate generic rosters.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 10-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 2
Supreme Court Rejects Hearing of O'Bannon Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I think we're overestimating how in demand a CFB game. Most people just bought it to hold them over until Madden.

I am not sure that I buy this. It always felt to me that people were a Madden or an NCAA fan. Did some buy NCAA to hold the over, sure. Did EA make more money because if that, yes.

Last edited by goillini03; 10-07-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:58 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream6
I doubt they would have to do that. As long as they can show their numbers, names, height and weight are random within the context of each position on a football team they should be on sound legal footing.

That said, there have been some court decisions based more on an agenda than on the law so nothing is 100% guaranteed which is why it would be an improvement if the court when making its decision would make it clear exactly what the company can do to avoid legal problems going forward.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
I think we're overestimating how in demand a CFB game. Most people just bought it to hold them over until Madden.
I never owned a Madden game until I got a ps4 and had no choice. There are people who prefer college sports to pro.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:19 PM   #46
Rookie

I don't think todays athletes have the personality to sell games like back in the day. I can't think of one athlete who care enough about to go run out and buy a game just to play as. This comparable to back in the day when you Michael Jordan wasn't in the NBA games and if you chose the bulls, the starting shooting guard was a 6'5 inch Chinese guy. They found a way to accommodate the fans who wanted a NBA game although Jordan wouldn't sign off on being in the game. Developers are such punks these days. They refuse to take chances. If 2K decided to make a game called "Football", and gave the teams names like they did in TV SPORTS FOOTBALL (Rhino's, Cheetahs, etc) but gave us the option to have a franchise mode with todays gameplay and graphics, they could release online (no hardware discs), sell it for 29.99 and trust me, they would sell millions. You give me a college game with fake schools and real atmosphere, you would have a winner. Make a sports game with fake teams and make a new mode called Organization mode: You start with a certain amount of money to build a stadium and a roster, you objective is to make the team successful. Make the stadium crowd dynamic, they attendance starts off small but as you win games and start to build better organization, the more the people start to show up and support. I think we have finally reached a point in Video games where we are no longer start struck.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:25 PM   #47
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Regardless of why people bought it, people bought it. Compared to Madden, the numbers aren't great, but the game sold about 2 million copies a year, which isn't chump change.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #48
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

I have a hunch...just a hunch that EA will attempt SOMETHING in the next few years even if they can't secure the likenesses. I think their itch to have a game is just as strong as our itch to buy a game. They may very well attempt the Bill Walsh model or some comparable model. This is the same company with the enormous ego that still thinks it can sell NBA Live...so there's that. Again just a hunch but I think we will see something on the market within two years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »