Home

MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 12:05 AM   #57
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Try the on the bike view game looks better using that
Ive only ever played this series 1st person so it is the view I'm comparing. But you are right on the fact that the game looks less ugly with that view.

Again though, I'm super enjoying the game.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:12 AM   #58
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MXGP 3 Announced, Arrives in the Spring Using Unreal Engine 4 - Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
I'm currently out of the country and had some down time so it was a nice surprise to see this patch news.

Did the clutch get fixed?
I don't know about the clutch, I'm still getting slaughtered off the start when using the clutch. I get my best starts just hitting the gas as soon as the gate drops, Going to scan you tube for start video tutorials.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 19

I got back home last night and had some time to mess around with the game today.

I'm still having issues off the gate. I have been manually shifting and got 1 decent start about 6th place.

I noticed with the patch there is still an issue with full weekend mode in career mode....it no longer skips the second moto so that's nice...if you skip a session however it still will not award any skill points for the session that you skip...it does if you "fast forward" the timer. So that's still broken and I will continue using the workaround.

Graphically there are times the game looks real good...kind of depends on the track and weather conditions. Seems like it rains WAY too much and it doesn't look as good in that weather condition imo.

Now when it's just after a rain session or a dryer track I feel it looks pretty darn good.

I'm happy with the game....it's awesome...would like to see the clutch sorted out and the rev's drop a little...I think the 4 stroke sounds good when you can hear it...it just seems to be rapped out way too much of the time.

I need to finish a MXGP tile run and then it's max AI and 15 lap races.....this game has a ton of replay value for me.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:40 PM   #60
MVP

I just had another issue with career mode.

The save corrupted after a blue screen error at the end of a race.

I downloaded a backup from the cloud and will see if I have a similar issue again.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:51 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Got the game day 1 of US release on Xbox. Love the traction. A MX game that finally feels grounded. I am a bit iffy on the speed of the game as it has been sped up a bit and miss the zoom feature for third person camera as I like a closer gameplay camera.

Overall, though, really enjoying it. We NEED this authenticity in an AMA SX or MX game. Hope the rumored Milestone Official 2018 Supercross game comes true.

Bad slowdown, though. I do updates at a friend's house since have limited high speed. What did the day 2 6.5 GB update do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2017, 07:19 AM   #62
MVP

Here are the notes from the latest PC update...most of the fixes are the same on console.

- Customization: custom names and numbers now visible even with Low and Medium graphics settings
- Video Options: monitor specific resolutions detection
- Video Options: added Supersampling option for high-end PC
- Race Sessions: fixed skip session causing all sessions following the one skipped to being simulated
- End Race: fixed getting stuck when all skills are at max value
- Race rewind: fixed rewind behaviours when used just before finish line and when cancelled
- Stability: fixed crashes on application quit
- Stability: fixed crashes on specific resolutions and quality levels
- Time Trial: fixed lap count not working correctly if returning to pit and back to race
- Time Trial: fixed race page to show correct weather
- Online: Added all players results menu in online qualifying
- Online: fixed not working confirm button in race rewards page
- Online: voted weather to be applied on every weekend session.
- Qualifying: consider as a valid lap the one finished after the session timer elapsed
- Audio: 2 strokes audio improved
- AI: speed and ideal times improvements
- Track Kegums: MXGP category's lap time fix; improved AI trajectories
- Track Pietramurata - Respawn splines fix
- Track Mantova: fixed width of some hoops to prevent players from skipping them; improved AI trajectories
- Localizations: fixed all spanish locale languages
Old 06-24-2017, 03:21 PM   #63
MVP

Ok finally got a hole shot. It was on the mantova track. Didn't use the clutch and timed the gate drop real well in dry conditions. Also have my attributes up to over 90% now.

I'm coming up against another huge bug now. Every time I finish the Mantova race the career mode save game corrupts and goes to a blue screen.

I'm about to scrap my season and start over. I fear I should wait for the next patch before I waste the time however.

I absolutely love this game. They do need to clean up a few bugs however. IMO.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:21 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

It is a great game! I love it! And btw, the Day 2 6.2 GB patch fixed all the lag and slowdown on Xbox One.

I do have 2 complaints. 1, the third person camera no longer has the zoom feature that was in MUD, MXGP 1 and MXGP 2. To me, all the 3rd person cameras are too far off sorta giving me a disconnected feeling. The 1st person in this game is fabulous but I do prefer 3rd person zoomed in to the max. Wish they hadn't removed that.

Secondly, it is on the verge of being too fast. Actually, I think it is too fast. I can deal with it. It's not MVA-ish fast but it is quicker than I would like it. I preferred the speed of the previous two games.

Other than that, this game is gold on every level. Love the force feedback, the terrain deformation, the physics, the ruts and of course the authenticity. Awesome game. Just wish you could back the speed off a bit and zoom the camera.

Happy there is a company making a great MX game. Now we need SX. MVA really needs to step up. Encore was garbage. Thank you, Milestone!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »