Home

(NEW) NextLevel Sliders

This is a discussion on (NEW) NextLevel Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
(NEW) NextLevel Sliders

I'm calling these "next level" sliders because my last slider set (which can be found here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ders-xbox.html) was titled "experienced beginner".

Not only are these necessarily a bit more advanced, but I found some flaws in my last sliders set that I feel were corrected to the best of my ability.

These are for people that are ready for a challenge in their season. You won't necessarily have a winning record because of your team. It takes patience and practice.

You might think you are a great 2K player. But with how unpopular the online platform is these days (outside of online leagues), you really don't know how good you actually are because there's a really big scale of 2K players.

These sliders are obviously meant to go with my roster. As I already consider myself an expert on editing player ratings and tendencies, my goal is to soon be an expert on sliders too.

One major change I made to this was defensive spacing. I turned down user shot success (although not a great deal) but I also made the defense not as tight like it is in real life.

Tell me how you guys like these! | GT: The1uLuv2hate3, File Name: NextLevel

USER / CPU (start on SUPERSTAR then adjust after)

Game Speed - 60

Free Throw Difficulty - 70
Inside Shot Success - 40 / 40
Close Shot Success - 50 / 60
Mid-Range Success - 45 / 55
3-Point Success - 55 / 60
Layup Success - 45 / 45
Dunk in Traffic Frequency - 60 / 70
Dunk in Traffic Success - 50 / 60
Pass Accuracy - 40 / 35
Alley-Oop Success - 30 / 40
Contact Shot Success - 40 / 40
Ball Security - 35 / 40
Body-Up Sensitivity - 70 / 75
Pass Speed - 40 / 40

Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 60 / 70
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 50 / 60
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 45 / 45
Layup Defense Strength (Release) - 35 / 35
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 35 / 35
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) - 45 / 45
Help Defense Strength - 90 / 75
Steal Success - 40 / 70

Acceleration - 50 / 60
Vertical - 50 / 50
Strength - 50 / 50
Stamina - 63 / 60
Speed - 50 / 55
Durability - 90 / 90
Hustle - 70 / 60
Ball Handling - 40 / 40
Hands - 40 / 50
Dunking Ability - 40 / 60
On-Ball Defense - 40 / 40
Stealing - 60 / 65
Blocking - 35 / 35
Offensive Awareness - 80 / 60
Defensive Awareness - 100 / 90
Offensive Rebounding - 25 / 20
Defensive Rebounding - 45 / 45
Offensive Consistency - 70 / 55
Defensive Consistency - 65 / 50
Fatigue Rate - 35 / 40
Lateral Quickness - 35 / 35

Take Inside Shots - 35 / 30
Take Close Shots - 30 / 20
Take Mid-Range Shots - 35 / 30
Take 3-Point Shots - 100 / 100
Post Shots - 15 / 0
Attack the Basket - 40 / 40
Look for Post Players - 20 / 0
Throw Alley-Oops - 25 / 25
Attempt Dunks - 40 / 65
Attempt Putbacks - 30 / 25
Play Passing Lanes - 70 / 80
Go for On-Ball Steals - 40 / 55
Contest Shots - 35 / 30
Backdoor Cuts - 75 / 60

Over the Back Foul Frequency - 75 / 70
Charging Foul Frequency - 75 / 70
Blocking Foul Frequency - 80 / 75
Reaching Foul Frequency - 60 / 60
Shooting Foul Frequency - 70 / 60
Loose Ball Foul Frequency - 70 / 65
Illegal Screen Frequency - 60 / 40

Speed with Ball (Max rating) - 70 / 75
Speed with Ball (Min rating) - 40 / 50
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating) - 65 / 70
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating) - 40 / 45
Speed without Ball (Max rating) - 75 / 80
Speed without Ball (Min rating) - 35 / 40
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating) - 75 / 80
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating) - 40 / 40

Last edited by zten11; 06-09-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #2
MVP

Re: (NEW) NextLevel Sliders

Made a few changes involving max speed/min speed sliders. Re-download if you already did.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
Made a few changes involving max speed/min speed sliders. Re-download if you already did.
Just want to make sure these are noticed here. Thank you!
Old 03-30-2020, 08:14 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
Just want to make sure these are noticed here. Thank you!
Looking for a challenge with discrepancy in shooting sliders? These are for you!
Old 04-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #5
MVP

A little bit disappointed this hasn't generated much feedback. Anyone who tries these, please let me know what you think (with my roster specifically but that's also not necessary).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2020, 10:57 AM   #6
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0

This sounds like my kinda set. Unfortunately, it seems built for XBOX (can't get the roster.)
Old 04-03-2020, 10:59 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for posting.

I have my own slider set/thread, but it's always nice to see more people create threads in this section. The slider section is mostly dead on the NLSC.

However, I think you are turning people off immediately with game speed at 70. One of the biggest reasons is: shooting in the game is already rushed, making shooting frustrating (especially with those who use user timing, like myself, I use it with no meter though). Its important to note that user timing is the default setting for the game, and the large majority of 2K gamers don't mess with shot timing, they put the game on, select a difficulty level, and play. The shooting mechanics felt, looked, and were mechanically more sound in 2K16 and 2K17 under the old motion system.

People that do indeed use slider sets (who browse here) often download them and go straight into the game (and adjust game speed per directions, obviously). Game speed at 70 is quite the shock, and it doesnt attack the individual issues that hurt the game. Turning game speed up to 70 just makes everything faster, which is why I keep game speed at 50 and do more major adjustments to the individual sliders. Just something to keep in mind. Not saying you didn't make other adjustments to movement, it's clear you did, but the first thing people see is 70 for game speed. And, again... super high game speed makes everything faster overall, and it's harder to get the experience you want when everything is sped up to such a degree, because you cant tone down all the areas that are sped up that you want to slow down (not a slider for everything)

Not saying these sliders wont be good for some, no slider set is perfect for everybody because we all have different playstyles and skill levels. And I see where you are going with game speed at 70, and the last three 2k releases have had sluggish gameplay mechanics in certain areas that plague the on court experience. The movement/pace needs a lot of work for 2K21, including but not limited to skating, constantly being sucked into other players, clunky/odd change of direction feel and mechanics, strange running animations, questionable dribbling control and authenticity, defensive AI issues in transition, help wise, and just in the half court in general (blow bys), etc. Its a lot to take in, and sliders can only attempt to make the game feel better and curve some of the issues, but no set can fix all these issues.

We do the best we can, and try to help ourselves and others with our slider sets.

Figured I'd chime in here, sorry for the long post. If game speed at 70 (and your other adjustments) work for you, absolutely keep using them and I think others could also like them. Just wanted to let you know my feelings about game speed and 2K20 issues in general.

Final note: I KNOW my slider set isnt for everybody, but it works for me and I share it to hopefully improve people's experiences (just like you do). Sharing slider sets for the right reasons is a selfless act, because when doing it for the right reasons, you are only trying to help people (rather than do it for attention). I figured sharing my own sliders would help people create more memories with the game, which is the same reason you are posting yours. That's admirable.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 04-03-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #8
MVP

Made some super important changes - zeroed out CPU post tendencies. Fix manually if using sliders but I will also update later today on the server.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »