Home

Top Spin 4 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #65
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
I have found I can at least get 1 or 2 aces a game in the demo from using the right stick serving. I have yet to get one from the buttons. To me it seems like the button serving is the safer choice if you don't want to fault but right stick serving will lead to aces. It is really up to the player to choose what they want to do and decide if the risk is worth it.
How are you doing this? I'm having no luck in stick serves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #66
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Top Spin 4 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

I have used Nadal and Williams with stick serving and the timing is different with both of them. I haven't gotten the timing down for Nadal because he has a slow serve animation. With Williams I have been able to get aces regularly now. I pull back on the stick and just when the ball gets to it's highest point i pull the left stick to either side to target and then push up on the right stick. Just keep playing a few matches and you will get the process down easily. Once you start seeing "Good" for the timing just do it that split second faster for "Perfect". It won't ace every time but you can get the CPU in a bad position with a well placed hard serve they have to lunge for.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #67
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

Quote:
I have used Nadal and Williams with stick serving and the timing is different with both of them. I haven't gotten the timing down for Nadal because he has a slow serve animation. With Williams I have been able to get aces regularly now. I pull back on the stick and just when the ball gets to it's highest point i pull the left stick to either side to target and then push up on the right stick. Just keep playing a few matches and you will get the process down easily. Once you start seeing "Good" for the timing just do it that split second faster for "Perfect". It won't ace every time but you can get the CPU in a bad position with a well placed hard serve they have to lunge for.
appreciated, thank you.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #68
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75
appreciated, thank you.
let me know if that helps at all
Old 03-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #69
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

Quote:
let me know if that helps at all
It does. While I'm not getting and aces, getting the opponent on the defense helps score winners off of their return.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #70
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't know if it will work against the AI, but I've gotten aced a couple of times by Federer because I'll start winding up for my return before he even serves it because the serve comes very fast, and then all of a sudden he'll hit a soft curving serve that just catches me off guard and I'm not able to return it. I wonder if this would work against the AI as well.

I really love the gameplay in this game so far. I've never had to use anything but a flat shot in the last TS game I played. This one feels much more like a chess match, mixing in top spin shots with slices and flat shots, and even the occasional drop shot (although it's way harder than it was in the last TS game I played) and lob shots when Federer rushes the net. I'm only nervous that the career mode will be too easy because I've been playing on hard and after losing like my first 20 matches, I've now won probably 4 out of my last 6 or so, and I'm nervous I'll finally figure out how to dominate the AI even on hard, which would really suck. Granted, these last 6 games where I've won 4 have all been crazy intense, but I'm nervous it will eventually become too easy. I want it to be an intense battle every time I face guys like Nadal and Federer in my career mode.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 03-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #71
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I don't know if it will work against the AI, but I've gotten aced a couple of times by Federer because I'll start winding up for my return before he even serves it because the serve comes very fast, and then all of a sudden he'll hit a soft curving serve that just catches me off guard and I'm not able to return it. I wonder if this would work against the AI as well.

I really love the gameplay in this game so far. I've never had to use anything but a flat shot in the last TS game I played. This one feels much more like a chess match, mixing in top spin shots with slices and flat shots, and even the occasional drop shot (although it's way harder than it was in the last TS game I played) and lob shots when Federer rushes the net. I'm only nervous that the career mode will be too easy because I've been playing on hard and after losing like my first 20 matches, I've now won probably 4 out of my last 6 or so, and I'm nervous I'll finally figure out how to dominate the AI even on hard, which would really suck. Granted, these last 6 games where I've won 4 have all been crazy intense, but I'm nervous it will eventually become too easy. I want it to be an intense battle every time I face guys like Nadal and Federer in my career mode.
Someone earlier in this thread said that the full game has 2 more difficulty levels

the full game would be...

Easy
Normal
Hard
Very Hard
"Super Hard" (could be named something else and has to be unlocked)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #72
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Someone earlier in this thread said that the full game has 2 more difficulty levels

the full game would be...

Easy
Normal
Hard
Very Hard
"Super Hard" (could be named something else and has to be unlocked)
Sounds great! I think I'm going to have to give this one a purchase
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »