Home

Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018

This is a discussion on Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018 within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #41
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018

Isn't this from the Top Spin team?

Maybe it's lower levels they are showing us. I can't believe the TS team would allow long rallies or remove unforced errors.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #42
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tennis World Tour Gameplay Video & Interview, Release Date Scheduled For May 2018

I really hope this game sells well enough for it to merit a sequel. We all know how initial attempts at a sports game during any console generation is more bare-bones than we'd like for it to be, it's just a shame that a tennis attempt came this late in the cycle. If anything, I'm just hoping for a more consistent tennis release even if it's every two years or so
Old 03-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #43
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Isn't this from the Top Spin team?

Maybe it's lower levels they are showing us. I can't believe the TS team would allow long rallies or remove unforced errors.
Unforced errors are in the game. If you read one of the posted article links from a couple pages back the main developer mentions that unforced errors are a part of the game.

What I would like to know ahead of time here about a couple months before release is will there be a challenge system in the game just like the Pro Tours of the men & women now have in real life?

Like is there any such thing at all been implemented in the game for this & if so will it be like real life & players are allowed so many challenges per set? It would be neat if they had this because this hasn't been in any tennis game yet either.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-25-2018, 03:02 PM   #44
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Official release date has now been set for May 22nd, 2018.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 03-25-2018, 03:56 PM   #45
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Since the official initial 30 person roster has been released I had been wondering why the likes of players like Djokovic, Murray, & Nadal wasn't available. Now, a lot of the expected players to be in the game has to do with licensing. However, the developers have said that more players would be available to download for the game upon release.

I was told by someone from IGN Forums with more knowledge & details of the game that an estimated 5 additional players will be made available the day of release. Then, another month later the final 5 additional players will be made available. Of course, the only way to add these additional players is downloading them from online.

There will also be unlockable players by using career mode & accomplishing certain feats/points. I was told there was 10 unlockable players including a few Legends in those. The names can't be given at this time by the member with knowledge or he could get into trouble with the devs.

So, it looks like up to 20 players total can be added for this game along with the original 30 players in the game upon release which would total 50.

Now, I did ask if Djokovic, Murray, and/or Nadal was any of the additional players that can be added but he is not allowed to reveal that information. I also asked about which Legends but the same answer was given.

One other thing. 2 months after release the game will add doubles matches & free DLC in the 1st game patch released for the game.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 03-25-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 04:10 PM   #46
Rookie

There's a recent article saying they are still hoping to get Nadal. I'm not that bothered who is in it - when you are playing a tennis game you're watching the ball and hardly anything else registers - you might as well be controlling a tennis-playing crab as something that looks like one of the pros. Also don't understand why people want a challenge system. Surely the point of playing on a console is that it can get the line calls right. I suppose though if the sun gets in the eyes of my PS4 I might let it off a few bad line calls.

What I really want is for the points to feel like real tennis, in that most points are over before a rally gets going. I haven't seen that in many tennis games. I'd also like to see a tennis game, or any sports game really, where it's just as enjoyable to play a journeyman career, as to play someone who gets to number one and wins everything.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #47
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleFire
There's a recent article saying they are still hoping to get Nadal. I'm not that bothered who is in it - when you are playing a tennis game you're watching the ball and hardly anything else registers - you might as well be controlling a tennis-playing crab as something that looks like one of the pros. Also don't understand why people want a challenge system. Surely the point of playing on a console is that it can get the line calls right. I suppose though if the sun gets in the eyes of my PS4 I might let it off a few bad line calls.

What I really want is for the points to feel like real tennis, in that most points are over before a rally gets going. I haven't seen that in many tennis games. I'd also like to see a tennis game, or any sports game really, where it's just as enjoyable to play a journeyman career, as to play someone who gets to number one and wins everything.
LOL at the bold above. My point about the challenge system is why not make it like real life tennis? There's a challenge system so why not have it in the game? Might see some very specific & different animations from those challenge calls as well from the players.

I care what players are in the game. If you don't care what player that you are playing with might as well go back to playing on NES/SNES then. LOL!

Now, career mode play will have your own created player but otherwise I personally want a nice selection of a roster & the more players with their own quality & characteristic playstyle is important to me. Of course, we all want a game that plays well. That's a given for any sports game period. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 03-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleFire

I agree with you about challenges, itīs a complete waste of resources to put it on a video game that can be always 100% sure if the ball goes in or out. I also think that a proper player editor that gave us the capability to create anyone would be a much better spent money than sign Nadal for millions of dollars.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »