Home

Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Later

This is a discussion on Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Later within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2018, 03:02 PM   #25
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Lat

Appreciate the feedback and reviews from OS members. Gone are the days of just settling for a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #26
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

Re: Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Lat

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrybawls
This game is really bad. It is seriously 2 generations behind. We really should be allowed refunds for obviously unfinished or terrible games like this.
I was actually able after about 1 hour of dealing with Xbox Customer Support to get a refund on the Digital Legends Edition. This game is really in a preview / Beta state. Deal breaker issues for me:

1) Online component is not functional
2) Shots that are in by up to 6 feet are called out. This is still inexcusable.
3) Horrendous commentary from McEnroe.

Last edited by Kayotick; 05-23-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #27
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the early thoughts, guys. Based on what I've read, I won't be checking this out until it hits $7.99 in some random flash sale probably around this time next year...
Old 05-23-2018, 06:11 PM   #28
Rookie

tfcfan4life's Arena

Played through the training and played an exhibition game today. Here are my impressions so far.

- The player faces and expressions need work. The graphics overall are a mixed bag and nothing to brag about.

- Unresponsive controls at times. Pressed X to return a serve to no avail, resulting in an ace for the cpu player. This happened to me 3 times in a game.

- The player roster is pretty thin. Only 4 female tennis players to choose from??

- I find myself volleying and returning the ball left and right with the cpu. It gets annoying and tiresome.

- Some awkward animations from the players and head tracking on the ball.

- At times it doesn't feel like the ball is making contact with the racket.

- The create a player is pretty bare, like someone noted earlier but this doesn't bother me as much.

I'm hoping the career mode is decent, but my early impressions are not favorable right now. I'm sorry but this game should not be priced at $60US. Not in it's current shape.

Last edited by tfcfan4life; 05-24-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:43 PM   #29
Rookie

tfcfan4life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayotick
I was actually able after about 1 hour of dealing with Xbox Customer Support to get a refund on the Digital Legends Edition. This game is really in a preview / Beta state. Deal breaker issues for me:

1) Online component is not functional
2) Shots that are in by up to 6 feet are called out. This is still inexcusable.
3) Horrendous commentary from McEnroe.

You think the Sony playstore would give me a refund too?
Old 05-24-2018, 03:53 PM   #30
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfcfan4life
You think the Sony playstore would give me a refund too?
Actually I did not think it was going to happen. Your suppose to only get one courtesy digital refund per year and I had one in December for something I accidentally bought for my daughter for Christmas. If you can get into a chat with Sony they may be able to assist if you explain to them the issues with the game. Let's face it we were duped. This should have been a Preview or Beta not a complete game.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:19 PM   #31
Rookie

tfcfan4life's Arena

I was able to get a refund from Sony. Went through their live chat. Do not buy this game at it's current state and price point. Not worth your money. Trust me. There are better tennis games out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2018, 06:31 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfcfan4life
I was able to get a refund from Sony. Went through their live chat. Do not buy this game at it's current state and price point. Not worth your money. Trust me. There are better tennis games out there.

Did you get the refund for the game being awful or tell them it was a mistake purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »