Home

Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Later

This is a discussion on Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Later within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #41
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Lat

I saw this is coming to the Switch next week.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #42
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Lat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I saw this is coming to the Switch next week.
Yea that's why I got AO for ps4 and plan to get this for Switch. But given the rough start for this game may wait for sale or lower price.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:06 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 10

Played Tennis World Tour today. My thoughts are simpler than I thought they'd be...

1. Is it as bad as people are saying? No.
2. Is it a decent playable tennis game? Sure.
3. I find it bizarre and just plain wrong the massive disparity that exists in available men and women players in the game.
4. I do love that you can play a one off tournament even if they are unlicensed knock-offs. But not being able to create players means I don't care to play a tournament. Not with fake players.
5. The mechanics are not as bad as people say. There is far FAR worse out there. (And let's please please stop referring to Top Spin 4 as this perfect example of impeccable sports gaming. It wasn't.)

Ultimately, despite looking like less than what you'd expect in 2018, but at the same time being good enough, I'd rather play Tennis Elbow 2013 any day of the week, even with its 2D mods. Infinitely more atmosphere, infinitely more players, and it's just a better tennis game all around. But on a personal note, the lack of players and the lack of creating players that you want in the game makes this game pointless to me. Tennis is a game where you want to see real players when you play, and I know that licensing a sport that has no unifying body representing players is difficult, but even Grand Slam 2 let you make as many players as you wanted. So I'll keep playing that which I have been adding players to for four years. And my regular tennis gaming will go back as it always does to independent, self produced, little Tennis Elbow 2013.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 06-13-2018 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:26 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 2

Playing TWT right now.

I like the gameplay in general, i dont think its that bad.

I hope more patch are coming soon anyway.

I like to make ex. tournament using my 3 fav players ever (McEnroe, Agassi and Federer), but it bothers me that i cannot make the draw so i have to reset and try again in order to avoid the female players. Because having female players in a men tournament just kill the realism for me.
It should be an easy fix, cmon Bigben, give us this tool.

Also, even with a limited character creator, i created 2 former pro (Emilio Sanchez and MaliVai Washington).
Currently in year 2 with Sanchez, now im number 28 and i have just lost in London Grand Slam 1st round on grass vs Kyle Edmund 6-1, 3-6, 6-1, 6-2.
It was a fun game.

Also, last question:

I dont get really why they make the 4 Grand Slam being the following:
Melbourne on hard
Madrid ?? on clay
London on grass
Paris ?? on hard ??

It just doesnt make sense. Make the fictional Paris on clay instead of the Madrid one and then make a New York fictional on hard in september instead on that Paris on hard nonsense.
They already have a NY tournament but its rated just 3 stars.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:20 PM   #45
Rookie

Xbox and PC got theirs first patches in MONTHS after the devs just disappeared off the face of the internet...

and on XBOX X at least... it actually feels a lot better!!

Too little too late but still, I thought it was dead and buried!

On pc, there are new issues (stutter / dropped frames) but devs claim a hotfix for that specific issue is being deployed asap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2019, 05:44 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 3

Legends Edition on sale for $22.49 for PlayStation Plus members.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:09 AM   #47
Banned

does Maria sharapova included in this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »