Home

WWE Off-Topic

This is a discussion on WWE Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #10649
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I think they have two trains of thought with her and separately, they're not bad: a) physically imposing chic, make her a monster. B) let's also send a message to our girl fans that they don't have to look like the typical "diva" to be beautiful.

Again, separate I don't think those lines of thoughts are wrong for her. But trying to accomplish both of those together does what you said, just kinda makes her awkward and weird.

I like the idea that Chris had on The Twitter of making her be the Diesel to Bliss's HBK. With them being BFFs they should have some natural chemistry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I like this idea. Makes for the obvisouly story line where she eventually realizes Alexa is taking advantage of her and turns on her and takes the title. It's not very original but when executed properly it's always a very entertaining story.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-24-2017, 05:22 PM   #10650
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Going back through when I watched regularly (2003 to 2009-ish), and I never realized how close events were.

Chris Masters debuted the same night Batista turned on Evolution.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:14 PM   #10651

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Going back through when I watched regularly (2003 to 2009-ish), and I never realized how close events were.

Chris Masters debuted the same night Batista turned on Evolution.
That's what I liked about RA era. Storylines and progression every show for every feud. Good or bad things did progress, unlike WWE today where you can miss some shows, watch a ppv and still know what's going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 12:03 AM   #10652

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
That's what I liked about RA era. Storylines and progression every show for every feud. Good or bad things did progress, unlike WWE today where you can miss some shows, watch a ppv and still know what's going on.
3 hour Raws play a part in this. I feel like WWE will say they need 3 hours to showcase their depth of talent (even though RA era was way way more deep), but then they end up using up 90% of the show with midcard filler matches, and advancing very little.

With one PPV per month per brand, they could do 1 hour Raw and 1 hour Smackdown and build up storylines enough. And then all the added stuff on the Network and WWE.com becomes more important. I fully realize this will never happen lol.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:24 AM   #10653

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

As much as people wanna try and blame 3 hour Raws, I feel like the biggest hit they've taken started in 09. Overall quality had already been declining(05-08) but 09 was the big dive for me.

There's just so many shows on TV that hook people in, have them wanting more, can't wait for next episode, discuss storylines and cliffhangers to death.....WWE doesn't really do that for me that much. Might be the odd feud here and there, but nothing like most TV shows I watch.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:45 AM   #10654
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Cringey video but Ambrose makes it worth it. The irony of the lyrics Matt and Jeff had to sing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ttYVduLV-s
Old 06-25-2017, 02:14 AM   #10655

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
As much as people wanna try and blame 3 hour Raws, I feel like the biggest hit they've taken started in 09. Overall quality had already been declining(05-08) but 09 was the big dive for me.
Well, when you significantly change your prime demographic on the fly, and you still have many of the same wrestlers there from when the business was extremely hot but they can't work or talk in the same way, it's easy to kill the product. It's like if Shameless went PG. People wouldn't like it because they've been trained to expect a certain tone. The before and after of John Cena's character is pretty stark. Sucks to think about what he could have been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 07:05 AM   #10656
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Lita to join JR calling the Mae Young classic on wwe network.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungcla...work-august-28
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »