Home

Old 04-27-2022, 01:52 PM   #18889
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Got sent a WWE Survey... just asking how much I watch the different shows, how many events I attend a year, etc. Two questions stood out..... one was asking how interested I would be in a rankings system and the second was if I would like to have ability to have input on current WWE storylines.

It was multiple choice only but I wish I could have been able to write for the one about input on WWE storylines... "Your writers currently suck and you should hire me to fix your shows" lol.
*Veer's music hits*

Old 04-27-2022, 07:23 PM   #18890

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Funny timing for another WWE tie in on Young Rock.

This episode dealt with Rockys time in Memphis working for Lawlers promotion. The standout guy in the company was some guy named Crusher Yurkov.

From what I read online, it does sound like more revisionist history, but the show talked about how Vince didn't like that name. And Rockys advice to Crusher was to trust Vince on the change. He'd go on to become Bam Bam Bigelow.

Like I said, revisionist history as I believe he used that name before joining WWF, but it was funny timing having that on a show filmed months ago, given all the name changes we're seeing now. You get to see a guy attached to his name and how he reacts, even back then, and the advice given about how he should trust Vince on the change.

Not saying it's always good. I mean nobody really likes Doudrop and some other names either. But interesting regardless.
Old 04-28-2022, 02:35 PM   #18891
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/...ale-Wrestlers/

None of this surprises me if it's true, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2022, 03:32 PM   #18892
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

Wow.... we know there are a ton of creative issues but reading what Ember said, no wonder why they are re-writing shows at the last second. I'm sorry but the RAW & Smackdown writers saying they don't know what's going on in NXT.... no wonder why the NXT Callups failed. The disconnect between the brand and it seems Hunter's health issues were seen as a way to get rid of his talent, damn that's horrible to read.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:55 PM   #18893
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Wow.... we know there are a ton of creative issues but reading what Ember said, no wonder why they are re-writing shows at the last second. I'm sorry but the RAW & Smackdown writers saying they don't know what's going on in NXT.... no wonder why the NXT Callups failed. The disconnect between the brand and it seems Hunter's health issues were seen as a way to get rid of his talent, damn that's horrible to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

My thing is all this stuff is pretty obvious if you've noticed who they've released, who they've been pushing and the fact that NXT has shifted back to a "true" developmental show.

It sucks for folks like Ember - who had a legitimate opportunity to help WWE's programming "improve" - but the reality is they've gone to a younger, "sexier" and greener talent pool.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 04-28-2022, 08:31 PM   #18894
All Star

OVR: 2

That really sucks for her. Best finisher in the company. But yeah that all lines up with the philosophy shift for NXT back to a more developmental focused brand. A lot of those veterans got cut.

Is she out from under her contract yet? I feel like she could help out AEW’s womens division a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-28-2022, 08:40 PM   #18895

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Not surprised, but still bad to read.

You always think/hope after WWE gets rid of toxic people that this would be the end, but you always find more coming up again.

Even in this current era, you still have people fixated on some old school mentality on women in wrestling and what they should or shouldn't do or look like?

And then for NXT, not that it's a shocker, but how can a company actually have people who has no idea what's going on in developmental? Imagine calling up some guy from AAA and your coaching staff is like "ok cool.......who is he? I put him in CF...I never knew he was a pitcher."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2022, 10:49 PM   #18896
MVP

MrDubya's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Got sent a WWE Survey... just asking how much I watch the different shows, how many events I attend a year, etc. Two questions stood out..... one was asking how interested I would be in a rankings system and the second was if I would like to have ability to have input on current WWE storylines.

It was multiple choice only but I wish I could have been able to write for the one about input on WWE storylines... "Your writers currently suck and you should hire me to fix your shows" lol.

I think I got a similar survey not too long ago. I hadn’t really watched WWE with any regularity in years, but I went to the HOF in Dallas, and must have signed up for something giving out my email.

I kinda laughed to myself, because most of my answers were like “not interested”. It seemed like it was quite a lengthy survey, if I remember correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »