Home
News Post

1UP has the scoop. What are your thoughts, will you purchase?

Quote:
"According to Erb, the impetus to relegate NFL Head Coach to a pack-in was a desire to make, what he called "the ultimate" Madden package. "If we shipped Head Coach alone, it would be a full-priced SKU. But if we pack it in, we can reduce the price and make it a bonus to our fans," Erb said. "On the first Head Coach, we think it was a great concept, and as far as we've taken it, to be able to pack that in and pass on those savings to our consumers, if you can have one awesome pack like this -- we're really fired up."

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 callmetaternuts @ 03/28/08 08:26 AM
So, if i understand this correctly, they are really excited about the new Head Coach game, theyve done some press conferences and releases on it, but they want people, who are addicted to Madden to pay for it and play it OVER Madden when it comes out? Seems like they could reduce the price to 34.99 or something and sell it separately.....

# 2 bonannogiovanni @ 03/28/08 09:42 AM
Quote:
"One of the guys on the team," Strauser told us, "says it's a game for his dad, who loves the NFL, but isn't the kind of guy who's going to pick up Madden."
LOL

# 3 JBucc @ 03/28/08 09:47 AM
It's completely stupid and no I won't buy it. It would make sense if they had the pack in but also had it sold separately for $40 (Of course if it was really sold separately it would be full price, this is EA after all). Then the people who wanted both could actually save money, but the people who only wanted HC wouldn't be ****ed over.

# 4 FlyingFinn @ 03/28/08 10:26 AM
With Madden sales being down last year, this a ploy to force all those who only wanted head coach to buy Madden so next year EA can point to Madden's sales being up again.

# 5 ubernoob @ 03/28/08 10:46 AM
I'm sure people will be selling Head Coach on EBay and the like.

Stupid idea though.

# 6 gobyrandom @ 03/28/08 11:29 AM
It will be at Gamestop used before you know it.

# 7 yamabushi @ 03/28/08 12:26 PM
Only EA sports could conceive of combining the sales slumping Madden and the universally derided Head Coach into one over priced package and expect it to increase sales. “Brilliant!”

# 8 Buhbooh @ 03/28/08 02:49 PM
I think I need to make my 4th post ever on this board to say that EA has to be the dumbest software company I have ever heard of. My thought was to not buy Madden this year, and to just buy Head Coach. Unreal. I wish someone else would step up to the plate football game wise. This company is single-handedly ruining sports gaming.

# 9 JohnDoe8865 @ 03/28/08 04:31 PM
NO SALE EA!

**#$ YOU!

# 10 PlayaHataSupreme @ 03/28/08 06:14 PM
I think a couple months or so after they release this "package" they'll probably try to release Head Coach separately for $40...........

# 11 CMH @ 03/28/08 06:15 PM
What makes this worse is that it'll probably be near impossible to rent Head Coach as a result of it being packaged with Madden.

I'm pretty sure the companies have some rights over what products can be rented.

So, now I'm left being forced into purchasing this "awesome package" so I can try out Head Coach.

I'll wait to see if it's sold used somewhere.

# 12 mwjr @ 03/28/08 08:03 PM
This absolutely sucks.

I actually enjoyed the 1st edition of NFL HC. Although there were several flaws, I still enjoyed it and was hoping the next iteration to be better.

I have no intention of buying Madden, but I would consider giving NFL HC09 a try, but now it looks like I can't do it.

# 13 mwjr @ 03/28/08 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
With Madden sales being down last year, this a ploy to force all those who only wanted head coach to buy Madden so next year EA can point to Madden's sales being up again.
Yep. Pretty much. They've got to somehow pay for that exclusive NFL license and the extension they just signed.

# 14 N51_rob @ 03/28/08 08:39 PM
I try not to bash EA when I post on Madden related issues here, but this is making it hard for me. Next-Gen sports are a joke, with sports gamers being the ones holding the bag. You never hear the guys that play FPS, RPG and stuff getting shafted by the games that they enjoy. Us sports gamers on entering year three of "Wait till next year." It's not just EA either. 2k and Brinkmans 3 year plan is another example. The ability to patch has basically given these guys a license to steal. It is very frustrating to say the least. I for one had decided to skip madden 09 and maybe even NCAA 09 this year, I was actually looking forward to HC09. Now I'm just so angry with the sports game genre in general.

# 15 Spectre @ 03/29/08 11:59 PM
Are you kidding me?

Personally, I think EA wasted a ton of money paying for the development of Head Coach 09. The sales weren't going to be big as a standalone and I guarantee they won't be big as part of a 90 dollar package.

How many average Madden gamers will pick this up?

EA's justification for this makes no sense. If I was part of the Head Coach team, I'd be ticked off to no end.

# 16 deebo2246 @ 03/31/08 04:46 PM
This is only the beginning of EA's sadistic marketing schemes. Next you might have to pay for playbook downloads on Live and the PS Store or be forced to play with generic playbooks.

# 17 Shinyhubcaps @ 04/01/08 01:11 AM
So, the create-a-playbook and create-a-play features were removed from Madden, put in Head Coach, which will now be packaged again with Madden?

Just put it all in Madden. Give it a coach mode. Discs hold more than they used to, you know. Madden is inexcusable for all of the features they have downsized, and now they want to package this with Madden or sell it separately. Simply no.

# 18 HitDoctor @ 04/01/08 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
I'll wait to see if it's sold used somewhere.
Yeah, what he said.

# 19 Jistic @ 04/02/08 09:16 AM
I'll buy it on Ebay seperately. However I'm not buying this ridiculous package. It's really insulting.

And if it's too much on ebay? Well....that's why there's the OSFL.

# 20 SidVish @ 04/02/08 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I'll buy it on Ebay seperately. However I'm not buying this ridiculous package. It's really insulting.

And if it's too much on ebay? Well....that's why there's the OSFL.

Without a doubt! I definitely agree that the $90 price tag is very insulting? There's no chance of me forking over that kind of money especially for what EA football has become. I'll do the usual and rent it again. Hopefully, there's no game killers (ie. the turnovers and db ai last year). I rented the game last year and after playing a good amount of games I noticed that the turnovers and db play were just wacky. Why people insist on buying games on release day and then complain about being disappointed is beyond me? Guess what folks it's on you. Fool me once shame on you...well you know the rest.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.