Home
News Post

The official NCAA Football 09 website has posted some of the new features we can expect this year.

Quote:
College Atmosphere & Pageantry
  • All-new Dynamic Crowd System
  • College sidelines are packed with additional players, mascots, cheerleaders, and more
  • All-new authentic fields with new textures, lighting, and field degradation
  • New college player models, including more than 50 alternate uniforms
  • User Customizable Stadium Sounds & Music
  • Breakaway crowd reactions

Depth & Innovation
  • Online Dynasty is here!!!
  • Roster file sharing online
  • Improved recruiting system in Dynasty mode highlighting ease and accessibility
  • New post game presentation and play by play commentary
  • 1-4 player offline co-op
  • Return missed field goals
  • Bluff your play art to confuse opponents
  • Formation audibles
  • Smart routes
  • Bobble catches
  • Better passing control
  • Post play continuation
  • All-New Mini Games
  • Random play selection in practice mode
  • Quick replay
  • CPU vs. CPU (watch mode)
  • Smooth 60 FPS on PS3
  • Even teams option in play now

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 nxt @ 04/03/08 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
I really liked that feature...it brings an extra sense of realism to the game, IMO. Try watchins San Diego State games all Fall and then come back and tell me there is no pre-play confusion in college football.

Also, I like the animations of WR trying to get the play right, it makes it feel like there are actual mistake-prone humans playing and not just CPU and human controlled figurines on a screen.

On another note, will the custom soundtrack feature be available for the PS3?
Easy there... LOL

# 62 inkcil @ 04/03/08 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Easy there... LOL
Ha, yeah...you know how it is. SDSU Class of '99 in the house! I still have my SDSU mouse pad right here. LOL.

On Spectre's comment, I had no idea NCAA sales fell like that. Seems like it "payed off" for us gamers...no pun intended. LOL!

# 63 JohnDoe8865 @ 04/03/08 01:18 AM
Looking over the list I'm really disappointed that at least the Top 10 FCS teams didn't make it in. For goodness sake, atleast include App. State and Delaware!!

# 64 DLaren @ 04/03/08 04:07 AM
Quote:
Here's a taste of what you can expect to see in NCAA Football 09.

This list is just a sample of what we can expect to see in NCAA'09, so for those who are disappointed that the FCS/1-AA teams weren't mentioned (or any other feature), don't lose hope just yet because they *might* be announced in the coming months.

...Now excuse me while I reserve my seat on the NCAA'09 Hype Train

# 65 DreadedSteeler @ 04/03/08 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
What is POST PLAY CONTINUATION???
I would guess late hits?

# 66 edubbs @ 04/03/08 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelzeus
What about a real pocket being formed on pass plays.
I'm sorry but the offensive and defensive line interaction needs to be realistic.
No more rushing upfield with a Defensive end and getting sucked into the oline men.
I couldn't agree with you more.

They need to fix the HORRIBLE OL/DL interecation in this game.

I could care less about the feature list, show me if they have added a realistic QB pocket in this series. After using this gameplay engine for the past 10 years, they continue to leave this out for some reason.

This is the only feature that I'm interested in seeing.

# 67 jpringle @ 04/03/08 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Hmm...anybody notice this was all posted with a 4.1.08 date?
I noticed this when I 1st read the article. People this might be an April's Fool's joke. I seriously hope not. Online Dynasty & Roster Sharing is gold!!!!

# 68 callmetaternuts @ 04/03/08 08:01 AM
Im guessing the post play continuation just means that when a play is over (pass incomplete, or runner tackled) that players still move in a football manner, they finish off blocks, that pick themselves up off the ground and slowly move back to huddle instead of all 11 guys at once standing up and trotting back in a robotic way. Just a guess though

# 69 oldman @ 04/03/08 08:27 AM
I still wanna know, are there going to be medical redshirts and discipline problems with your players in the dynasty mode? Anyone heard anything on this for the next-gen?

# 70 KG @ 04/03/08 08:27 AM
What does

"Even teams option in play now"

Does that mean laterals?

# 71 J-Unit40 @ 04/03/08 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
What does

"Even teams option in play now"

Does that mean laterals?
Even teams means the ratings are balanced no matter what two teams you use. It ends up being who has the better strategy and stick skills and there is no excuse for "you had the better team to start with anyways when you selected WVU with the spread option".

# 72 coogrfan @ 04/03/08 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
@ them mentioning 60 FPS on PS3 as a feature this year. LMAO! EA is hilarious.
Why is that funny? If they hadn't mentioned it you know the ps3 folks would be howling about "EA being in bed with MS".

# 73 muggins @ 04/03/08 09:34 AM
I'm reserving judgment until we see some previews. It'd be cool if OS was able to get some previews for the Online dynasty feature because I think that is going to be the main selling point.

It'd be nice if they could fix the pocket, fix the interceptions / turnovers bugs, and then upgrade the presentation to true next-gen status. I'll give it a rent then make my decision I think.

# 74 noplace @ 04/03/08 09:37 AM
This is a great list but really, alot of these are just last gen features....Cant complain about the effort though...

Now that online Dynasty kinda got me...I might have to buy it for this alone!

What about gameplay improvements? OL/DL interactions, AI, animations, more wrap tackles, will short yardage & goaline finally be implemented in the game correctly, pile ups, real DB play like APF, no more suction blocking, No more sliding ( i wanna feel like they players are really on the field instead of sliding over a green grid), fix the weather affects ala APF, the rain & snow are horrible in NCAA 08....etc??....

Take into consideration how will these features be implemented? EA can add all they want & still mess it up by not making it look authentic & realistic... Lets hope for the best

# 75 coogrfan @ 04/03/08 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
What is POST PLAY CONTINUATION???
I'm hoping it means that the gamer retains control after the whistle. If so, helloooo late hits and personal fouls. Long time no see.

# 76 muggins @ 04/03/08 10:02 AM
Also has anyone seen if 'jump the snap' is still going to be in this year? That is probably one of the top reasons I stopped playing

# 77 BezO @ 04/03/08 10:45 AM
Ehh. None of my wishes made this list. QB pocket? Improved, realistic blocking interaction? Improved, realistic DB/WR interaction? Smooth, realistic animations? New, realistic physic engine? EA is going to dance around the real issues until they have the "getting used to the hardware" excuse on the 720/PS4.

And EA's marketing is offensive. Telling me a 4-5 year old feature is new is ridiculous. They can probably get some more milage out of Dave Ortiz's quote in my sig from last year. About the only features on this list that give me any hope are:
Quote:
All-new Dynamic Crowd System
College sidelines are packed with additional players, mascots, cheerleaders, and more
Breakaway crowd reactions

New post game presentation and play by play commentary
Return missed field goals
Bobble catches
Better passing control
Post play continuation
CPU vs. CPU (watch mode) - I'm happy, but this being listed as a feature is a joke.
Maybe if someone gets EA a dev kit for the 720/PS4 a few years early, they'll actually improve the game on the NEXT generation of systems. I'll probably be waiting til then. This generation of Madden is a scam.

# 78 oldman @ 04/03/08 10:46 AM
Something else I would like to know more about now that I have had time to think about it is the bobble catch feature. How does that work I wonder? I hope it doesn't turn into something that every other time we throw a pass the guys bobbles the catch.

# 79 ewto16 @ 04/03/08 10:49 AM
I guess the list is nice, but most of those features were in last-gen. EA continues the trend of removing features from the game and then adding them back in as a bullet point on the box.

Some of the new features do sound cool, but until I see more gameplay and also read some reviews from the OS community, I'm not buying it. I got burned with last year's version.

# 80 Soonerd2 @ 04/03/08 10:58 AM
New play-by-play commentary! Prolly not all new but they could atleast re-word what they say now to change it up.

Formation audibles the same as formation subs?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.