Home
News Post

The NCAA Football 09 demo is available. Let us know what you think.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Soonerd2 @ 06/19/08 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Just so you know the full game footage will be awhile..I have to compress them and upload them..Which takes awhile.
Thanks a ton man. I'm at work just torturing myself by reading this thread.

# 142 OMT @ 06/19/08 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

I'm surprised no one(i don't think i saw anyone commit about it) that the roster for both teams were modified for the demo to make the team a little more even.
Huh?

# 143 Rainey @ 06/19/08 12:50 PM
Great game so far.

If anyone is wondering, facemask penalties are back.

# 144 SageInfinite @ 06/19/08 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Am I the only one reading everyone's impressions and only reading the bad (cons) parts about the game? LOL, you guys here are making me a cynical old man.
Im doing the same thing ODogg.

# 145 Solidice @ 06/19/08 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Huh?
well the demo has LSU rated 99 overall, 99 offense, 93 Defense
according to the team ratings that was release on EA's site, LSU is 91 overall, 88 offense, 96 defense.

OSU is 99 overall, 99 offense, 97 defense. but the Ea site has them at 99's across the board

unless the demo is using an older version of the roster or they were modified. or maybe since there are only 2 teams the team ratings changed?

# 146 georgiafan @ 06/19/08 12:57 PM
any word on the PS3 demo is it up yet?

# 147 olemiss86 @ 06/19/08 12:57 PM
Ok...I can finally start downloading. How long does it take to download this? I already started...but I have to leave for work in about 30mins. Don't want to leave my 360 running at the house while I'm gone. Can I pause the download?

# 148 BigTigLSU @ 06/19/08 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Huh?
I take it that was not an accurate statement

# 149 Cyros @ 06/19/08 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Ok...I can finally start downloading. How long does it take to download this? I already started...but I have to leave for work in about 30mins. Don't want to leave my 360 running at the house while I'm gone. Can I pause the download?
There is an option to have the 360 keep downloading when you turn it off. It's somewhere in your console settings.

# 150 olemiss86 @ 06/19/08 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
There is an option to have the 360 keep downloading when you turn it off. It's somewhere in your console settings.

hmmmm....really? I'll have to try and find this.

# 151 OMT @ 06/19/08 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
well the demo has LSU rated 99 overall, 99 offense, 93 Defense
according to the team ratings that was release on EA's site, LSU is 91 overall, 88 offense, 96 defense.

OSU is 99 overall, 99 offense, 97 defense. but the Ea site has them at 99's across the board

unless the demo is using an older version of the roster or they were modified. or maybe since there are only 2 teams the team ratings changed?
No, you're right. We did another pass on the rosters after the demo was finalled I just found out. These aren't the final rosters.

# 152 Altimus @ 06/19/08 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
any word on the PS3 demo is it up yet?
Demo will be up this evening. PS Store releases updates only on Thursdays and after 5:00 CST or so.

# 153 BoomerSooner11 @ 06/19/08 01:06 PM
another yr..another demo..another game..yawn..its ok..i mean i won 28-0 being Ohio State..

- 6 players hurt in the 1st qrt
- threw a pass and it sky rocketed over to the left side of the screen and i got called for grounding..
- nice fluid motion and physics
- said 4th down was coming up when it was 2nd down, quite random..
- 4 players hurt in the 2nd half..
- either i really suck or O-State has no offensive line, cause i got sacked so many times in the 2nd haf

more..but i got stuff to do..just hope to god this isnt even remotely close to what the actual game is gunna be..and even if it is ill still buy it...who was the one said it.."EA Sports..its in the game...next year...maybe.." who ever came up with that is genius..late

# 154 Skyboxer @ 06/19/08 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
So how is the QB quick snapping is it as bad as we thought?
I've seen post saying that it's not as bad as they can make quick adjustments, which is cool BUT is there enough time to use the individual D player hot routes feature. (Changing a LB to zone etc..)

# 155 SageInfinite @ 06/19/08 01:08 PM
So far the worst thing about the demo is having to wait for the retail game to release

# 156 SageInfinite @ 06/19/08 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
another yr..another demo..another game..yawn..its ok..i mean i won 28-0 being Ohio State..

- 6 players hurt in the 1st qrt
- threw a pass and it sky rocketed over to the left side of the screen and i got called for grounding..
- nice fluid motion and physics
- said 4th down was coming up when it was 2nd down, quite random..
- 4 players hurt in the 2nd half..
- either i really suck or O-State has no offensive line, cause i got sacked so many times in the 2nd haf

more..but i got stuff to do..just hope to god this isnt even remotely close to what the actual game is gunna be..and even if it is ill still buy it...who was the one said it.."EA Sports..its in the game...next year...maybe.." who ever came up with that is genius..late
Had that slogan in my sig for awhile now, lol.

# 157 J-Unit40 @ 06/19/08 01:10 PM
I got a fever. And the only prescription is the NCAA demo baby!

I cannot wait to DL and play this sucker tonight! My friend (Buckeye fan) is even coming by later to check it out.

Thanks for all of the impressions fellas. I've been checking them out on the Treo all morning. Working (and the PS Store) is cramping my style today.

# 158 Skyboxer @ 06/19/08 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copecowboy
dude its not really that much different than others to say its like nothing you played before, lol.
How does what he's played before have anything to do with what others have played before?

It doesn't.

# 159 tinman @ 06/19/08 01:22 PM
Anyone else having trouble getting used to the switch of buttons for throwing to the running back? RB used to throw to your back but now it's LB. I've been called for grounding at least three times because of pushing the wrong button. I hope it can be switched. Just seems like an odd thing for EA to change after the buttons were reversed for the last two versions.

# 160 OMT @ 06/19/08 01:31 PM
It is good to see the generally positive reaction to the demo. I found out what build it is from and it is farther from final than I thought. But still pretty close to what the retail game is.

If you think the commentary is the same, I don't know what to tell you. We can't re-record the whole script every year! Most of the updates were the play by play (Nessler).

On this fourth down bug... can I get some more info on it? Were you super simming? I never heard this, but it sounds common since more than 2 of you have already heard it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.