Home
News Post

The official announcement isn't until tomorrow, but Kotaku has received a video from GameCinemaHD, showcasing the French phenomenon as the cover athlete for the next version of NBA Live. The video showcases some of Parker's moves and his various accolades -- oddly enough being married to Eva Longoria is left out, but I consider that an accolade as well.

Are you guys surprised that Parker was picked as the cover athlete?

And The NBA Live 09 Cover Athlete Is... [Kotaku]

NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Stumbleweed @ 06/24/08 06:57 PM
Haha, have you not heard of Kotaku? They break a lot of news about gaming industry-related stories... Pretty credible source.. the fact that they have a Tony Parker coverboy video worked up should be enough to convince you, but apparently not.

# 22 Da Birthday Boy @ 06/24/08 07:28 PM
Never heard of it, I'll wait until the real announcement.

# 23 BiggD @ 06/24/08 07:29 PM
Oh man!! i Hate PARKER!!!

guess there will be alot of custom covers

# 24 yamabushi @ 06/24/08 07:29 PM
Live 09 its Flop-tastic!

"Ill be in the stands for every game"

# 25 BiggD @ 06/24/08 07:43 PM
can't seem to load this video.. anyone else get it to work?

# 26 hokupguy @ 06/24/08 07:46 PM
not working for me either maybe they had to pull it or something...

# 27 The 24th Letter @ 06/24/08 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcain
I so don't care who is on the cover of the game....dumbest discussion ever.
Like I said yesterday.....some times I think im in the One Life To Live forum w\ all the dramatics lol

anyway, Dikembe Mutumbo could be on the cover as long as the game is on point....lol I doubt the cover will stop anyone from buying the game if they intended on doing so before...(let the "well I for one am not!! posts begin)

all that being said....why Tony Parker? haha

# 28 BiggD @ 06/24/08 08:45 PM
I'll still get both game this year just would of been nice to look at someone (ANYONE!!) other then parker

# 29 İroke @ 06/24/08 09:36 PM
^

The video doesn't work for me. I guess EA made a move

---------------- Now playing: Sound of Silence - Desespero

# 30 BiggD @ 06/24/08 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
you sit and look at a dude on the cover?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! sometimes i stand LOL, you know what i mean

# 31 jfsolo @ 06/24/08 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
you sit and look at a dude on the cover?
You see how big those custom cover threads get? Stunningly, the cover person seems to be a big deal to a lot of people.

# 32 Rocky @ 06/24/08 11:18 PM
I actually like the choice especially because of the FIBA teams in Live this year.

I also think Tony Parker is alot more well known than better PG's such as Deron Williams and maybe even Chris Paul simply because he's been on network TV on a consistent basis over the years. Won't do much for the basketball fans but it will help "impulse" buys.

# 33 Mintsa @ 06/24/08 11:43 PM
They should've used TP last year coming off a finals MVP. Not a good choice this year. They should've used him only for the cover in france like previous years.

# 34 CallMeDrop @ 06/25/08 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
They should've used TP last year coming off a finals MVP. Not a good choice this year. They should've used him only for the cover in france like previous years.

It doesn't matter if you put Jes Shuttlesworth, Michael Jordan or The 2008 Dream Team on the cover...the game will still be awful...lol

# 35 hokupguy @ 06/25/08 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
Is this Eva?
if that is dam.... she really needs to keep the make up on dammm...

# 36 cyclone2426 @ 06/25/08 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
You see how big those custom cover threads get? Stunningly, the cover person seems to be a big deal to a lot of people.
And that was before Tony Parker was announced. Its probably gunna go crazy when the game comes out.

# 37 DW3 @ 06/25/08 10:20 AM
i still cant see the video and im using firefox. can someone tell me a differnt link to view the video?

# 38 23 @ 06/25/08 10:55 AM
its a .mov file

so you have to convert it to play on quicktime or DL the VLC media player and when you DL the file, right click, and change the file to play on either of the players.

# 39 DW3 @ 06/25/08 10:57 AM
what is a VLC player? where can i download the file. Sorry to sound like a noob but ive never heard of that player before

# 40 yamabushi @ 06/25/08 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
Is this Eva?
Indeed it is my friend.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.