Home
News Post

OS just posted some NBA 2K9 screenshots.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 luv_mist @ 07/20/08 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickhalloffame
2k8's iverson looks more like iverson versus 2k9's iverson not nba lives. when you look at 2k9's iverson from afar he looks ok, but close up you can see that it definitely needs some work.
2K8's jersey looks more like the jersey Denver wears.....but Live has Iverson down much better in those pictures just posted vs. the NBA 2K8 version. However, the NBA 2K9 version that we see is spot on. Just lacks emotion which most likely will be added later on. Beautiful pics. I love the picture of Kevin Garnett's shoes. I hope that they have footing in the game.......

# 102 Shakedowncapo @ 07/20/08 10:15 PM
Dude I'm sorry but 2k9's Iverson looks worlds better than 2k8's...

# 103 Shinyhubcaps @ 07/20/08 10:25 PM
Quote:
2k8's iverson looks more like iverson versus 2k9's iverson not nba lives. when you look at 2k9's iverson from afar he looks ok, but close up you can see that it definitely needs some work.
a.) I know what you are comparing. This is the only pic I had of 2K8's Iverson. You can compare them to the 2K9 pic yourself.

b.) You can't judge 2K9's "up close" because 2K9's is incomplete. Last year's first wave screens were 60%, and while the 2K9 screens aren't labeled, I guarantee that it's not finished.

# 104 jewelz1132 @ 07/20/08 10:50 PM
just from how bad a lot of faces where last year im betting that every face in 2K9 > 2K8 lol

# 105 realtalktruth @ 07/21/08 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
a.) I know what you are comparing. This is the only pic I had of 2K8's Iverson. You can compare them to the 2K9 pic yourself.

b.) You can't judge 2K9's "up close" because 2K9's is incomplete. Last year's first wave screens were 60%, and while the 2K9 screens aren't labeled, I guarantee that it's not finished.
im not comparing it to the up close, like i said 2k9 looks miles ahead of 2k8 when you compare it at that resolution, but when you actually click on the image and zoom in, you can tell that it needs some work.

# 106 Behindshadows @ 07/21/08 01:33 AM
Here are some HD Shots of Live 08 and 2k8

A tad bit dark my camera sucks.

NBA 2k8 Iverson

NBA Live 08 Iverson

Both show remarkable detail.

# 107 mizzta21 @ 07/21/08 02:04 AM
man, looking at these screen shots lives graphics ARE better, doesn't necessarily mean players from live look like themselves compared to 2k. 2k's game play blows live out of the water though so my point is, whether graphics have improved dramatically or not. i think we all can almost guarantee that 2k's game play and animations will win.

# 108 jewelz1132 @ 07/21/08 04:57 AM
It's not really necessary to bring up game play when the topic is on screen shots lol..we all know 2K has better animations..but just from the iverson face 2K9 wins..a lot of players in 2K8 had big *** scary eyes that looked cartoonish up close (mike miller is one that comes to mind) the games graphics overall looked like inside drive instead of a 2K game..and its been that way since 2K7

# 109 Shinyhubcaps @ 07/21/08 05:10 PM
Quote:
im not comparing it to the up close, like i said 2k9 looks miles ahead of 2k8 when you compare it at that resolution, but when you actually click on the image and zoom in, you can tell that it needs some work.

I guess the texture is a little soft, but I'm sure it will look great in the finished copy. Especially players with facial blemishes, the textures will probably be better. I noticed most players were too dark in 2K8, so we'll see... being softer and lighter, it might look better in the game.

# 110 Behindshadows @ 07/21/08 08:57 PM
I hope these screens are better!

NBA 2k9

NBA Live 08

# 111 23 @ 07/21/08 09:04 PM
Dude, AI look way too buff in 2ks shot. His biceps are too massive

In Live's shot, look at how the torso is too long on the players when they get in defensive stance, it looks weird which is why the lower and upper bodies dont look right together

# 112 The 24th Letter @ 07/21/08 09:38 PM
Lives player faces are ON POINT man.....they gotta do something about those bodys though...#4 looks like a nephilum lol Madden 06 esqe

# 113 SimBaller @ 07/21/08 10:02 PM
Body morphs aren't done yet. That will be addressed...actually I just looked and it already has.

# 114 Behindshadows @ 07/21/08 10:05 PM
I think 2k9's Iverson is a tad bit too thick. He's a skinny muscular guy, I do like his face though. Only problem I've really seen that might be throwing it off, is Iverson has very light brown eyes not just brown. And that's what distinguishes the details.

Might want to mention that Simballer.

I'm sure the body types will be fine on 2k9, just need more textures here and there.

# 115 The 24th Letter @ 07/21/08 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Body morphs aren't done yet. That will be addressed...actually I just looked and it already has.
Im not sure if you were saying that as a result of my comment, but I wasnt referring to the 2k player models.....but good to know, thanks Sim

# 116 jewelz1132 @ 07/21/08 10:21 PM
the players need to be taller/bigger and the court does too

# 117 lebronze james @ 07/21/08 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
the players need to be taller/bigger and the court does too
Zoom in your camera if you want everything to look bigger.

# 118 luv_mist @ 07/21/08 11:40 PM
You know what put Live's faces over the top? The realism in the lips. If you look at every picture they put out for 08, the lips are emphasized like crazy. They're full and "alive" looking. That 2K8 joint looks pretty solid. Never sat down and analyzed it like that. Of course, it's still a bit early to compare them when the shots are old. That 2K8 pic has a lot of bicep muscle on Iverson.

On another note, I think that another difference between the two body models of EA & 2K is the reflection that the skin has. Notice how the skin in EA basically reflects the light more. It kind of over reflects it which gives it a surreal look. The 2K halo that everyone complains about is the way the light shines off the body model. I think that 2k's reflection is more realistic which doesn't exactly catch the eye as much. Everything that's shiny gets more attention honestly. That's one of the biggest things that separates the model graphics & texture. The reflections are bright enough to bring about distinction between light and dark areas on the face and body, accentuating what is seen on the screen. Therefore it seems like more detail. So lips plus lighting accentuation = one pretty game.......

My $.02

# 119 AlexBrady @ 07/21/08 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Simballer, what does body morphing mean?

# 120 jewelz1132 @ 07/22/08 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebronze james
Zoom in your camera if you want everything to look bigger.
nah not that way...but i was able to get some brighter pics..my 2K was broken and i kept getting disk errors..that kinda killed the drive for me to take court pics..but you would understand what i was talking about lebronze

lol @ this pic..they were looking at a rebound..anthony carter always reminded me of marvin gaye

2K9 >>>>>>>>>>>>2K8

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.