Home
News Post

OS just posted some NBA 2K9 screenshots.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Shakedowncapo @ 07/16/08 07:25 PM
HOLY **** @ that Iverson pic. Best one I've ever seen.

# 2 bateman11 @ 07/16/08 07:27 PM
As 2K is steps ahead of Live in gameplay, Live is steps ahead of 2K in graphics. The pics do not impress me at all, especially the one where Kobe is dunking. wth? And whats with the glow around Tmac?

I don't really like the lighting or textures of 2K's game.

Also, whats up with the color of the rims? I thought rims were orange..

# 3 eDotd @ 07/16/08 07:29 PM
You guys should let us get that close in replay without it clipping.

# 4 DakkoN @ 07/16/08 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
As 2K is steps ahead of Live in gameplay, Live is steps ahead of 2K in graphics. The pics do not impress me at all, especially the one where Kobe is dunking. wth? And whats with the glow around Tmac?
The Chris Paul picture last year had the gel effect too. It's one of their effect filters used for screenshots. It didn't look like that in the game.

# 5 DakkoN @ 07/16/08 07:30 PM
Oh, and OMG FOREARM SWEAT BANDS... It's about time...

# 6 Jano @ 07/16/08 07:34 PM
These pics definetly look great already look a step ahead of last year. And yes they finally added forearm sweat bands. Now if we can just get a trailer I'll be good until we get more info at that 2K event in a few weeks

# 7 NumberOneRB @ 07/16/08 07:35 PM
The faces look phenomenal, and omg at that Ivo model. Also looks like they've improved the hand models a bit, giving the fingers a lot more roundness than before (something I've always wanted improved).

# 8 The 24th Letter @ 07/16/08 07:36 PM
Quote:

I don't really like the lighting or textures of 2K's game.

Also, whats up with the color of the rims? I thought rims were orange..

Quote:
Are we looking at the same game? This is a beautiful game...
Thats the beautiful thing about taste I guess lol those pics look great IMO

# 9 DC @ 07/16/08 07:36 PM
I will wait until my man BShadows opinion

# 10 edubbs @ 07/16/08 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Oh, and OMG FOREARM SWEAT BANDS... It's about time...
The forearm bands look tight to. I'm glad they got rid of those skinny ones from last year.

BTW, We know 2K's history with early pics, they will ALWAYS look MUCH better in the final build.

The AI and KG ones are both tight though, even at these pics early stages.

# 11 SageInfinite @ 07/16/08 07:38 PM
The skin textures in the garnett screenshot are SICK. Crazy part is 2ks early screenshots are always terrible, so I can only imagine how sick this game is going to look when playing in HD

# 12 Tomba @ 07/16/08 07:38 PM
What i notice immediately is that the harshness of last years graphics are gone. now it is much more smoother which makes it look better.

# 13 The 24th Letter @ 07/16/08 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
HOLY **** @ that Iverson pic. Best one I've ever seen.
yeah man, that pic is awesome...

# 14 jewelz1132 @ 07/16/08 07:42 PM
the faces look dope but they really need to change jersey textures because they look like foil to me

# 15 Marc_Rez @ 07/16/08 07:45 PM
So far so good, I have faith in 2K!

# 16 Hassan Darkside @ 07/16/08 07:47 PM
Winner! Winner! Winner!

*throws $60 right out the window*

# 17 edubbs @ 07/16/08 07:48 PM
Very nice detail in these early pics....

The baller bands in the TMAC pic even look more realsitic than last year.

Hopefully, they redo the leg sleeves also.

# 18 Goffs @ 07/16/08 07:50 PM
hey wait a minute...these pics arent crappy at all...aww 2k broke the tradition of dishing out bad pics of the game so we can have a long thread of panic of "OMG look at the crappy graphics nothings changed lol lol lol"

i like the KG pic the most...looks like the sweat is back in full force to

# 19 J_Posse @ 07/16/08 07:52 PM
I think the jersey texture look acceptable, only thing I miss is the sweat stains on the jerseys, especially when you see how much work they've continued to put into improving the player models.

Freaking beautiful, although A.I. doesn't rock an armband anymore, and I believe he's even wearing his headband with the NBA logo backwards and (hopefully) upside-down.

How can that screenshot possibly look bad to anyone? That stuff is outstanding looking. (Looks at NBA 2K8 and throws out the window.)

(Not really.)

# 20 bateman11 @ 07/16/08 07:53 PM
Ok, I will admit the AI pic looks pretty sweet. But the Kobe pic just looks plain weird.

Im just pissed at them because they won't give us a trailer or anything.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.