Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted some information on NCAA Football 09 patch #2.

Quote:
"The roster editing patch is currently in certification at Microsoft and Sony. There is no specific day the patch will be approved and pushed out but it should not be too long now, possibly by the end of next week.

The second patch, which is intended to improve different gameplay elements, is still in the evaluation period. Right now a reasonable expectation on when this patch will arrive is September. So far it will include fixes to sliders, improvements to kick/punt return coverage, and various tuning to areas such as zone coverages, man vs RBs, and strafe catching. There will be more included in the patch but as of now those are the things that are confirmed."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 callmetaternuts @ 07/25/08 07:34 PM
Gunna bump this so it doesnt get on page two. This seems to be the info people have been asking about in alot of threads, want to make sure they see it so we dont get 10 new threads on patches this weekend.

# 22 umd @ 07/25/08 07:40 PM
Heh, I'm sure when his online dynasty broke EA was right on top if it. That's probably the first thing relatively negative he's ever written about an EA game ever.

September is better than December like the last couple years.

# 23 AuburnAlumni @ 07/25/08 08:11 PM
Two words that I still haven't seen.

pass...****sh .

If all of that is fixed...then that's awesome. I just hope it includes the insane blocking ability by EVERY O lineman in the game.

At least cut the pancake/chop block animations down from 457 a game to about 2-3 per game.

# 24 bwiggy33 @ 07/25/08 08:15 PM
If the patch comes out in September that is much earlier than I expected. The thing is it's not early enough for me because of Madden and NHL.

I absolutely love college football but I just can't see me playing it too much after NHL comes out. TBH I should have never bought it even though it is a fun game at times.

# 25 J-Unit40 @ 07/25/08 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
If all of those things are done the game will be AMAZING.
You know it! I already enjoy this game, despite some of it's shortcomings. If this patch is what is supposed to be then I will be playing this past the bowl season. No doubt about it.

I wish this patch was coming out in about a week or two, but September is a heckuva lot better than the morning of the Music City Bowl.

# 26 SteelerSpartan @ 07/25/08 08:25 PM
Yeah I have a major decision with this. That 40 trade in deal is very enticing....but I know all the College Football Live shows and other Sports news will have me itching again to play CF down the road

The game is broken in so many ways though

# 27 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/25/08 08:27 PM
patch #2? damn didn't the game just come out? l

# 28 blkprince04 @ 07/25/08 08:29 PM
hoping these issues get fixed...i guess ncaa09 still has hope....

# 29 callmetaternuts @ 07/25/08 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Two words that I still haven't seen.

pass...****sh .

If all of that is fixed...then that's awesome. I just hope it includes the insane blocking ability by EVERY O lineman in the game.

At least cut the pancake/chop block animations down from 457 a game to about 2-3 per game.
My guess is, it wont include pass rush. I havent seen or heard ANYTHING that says it would be.

Id like to have Adam or Ian comment on this list, perhaps be a bit more specific and tell us if there is anything else to possibly be included.

# 30 AuburnAlumni @ 07/25/08 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
My guess is, it wont include pass rush. I havent seen or heard ANYTHING that says it would be.

Id like to have Adam or Ian comment on this list, perhaps be a bit more specific and tell us if there is anything else to possibly be included.
If it doesn't include pass rush...then NOTHING ELSE WILL MATTER .

Why? Because there isn't a defense on earth that is designed to hold up for 8-15 seconds...which is how long the average QB has to throw a pass with only a 4 man rush in NCAA 09.

Improved DB AI, Improved Zones..it won't mean squat if my 90+ rated D linemen are getting put on their butts every down by that 72 rated guard or tackle.

# 31 Sabin @ 07/25/08 08:49 PM
Excited about the patch, but ill save any words of praise until I play the 'new' game.

# 32 ram124 @ 07/25/08 08:51 PM
Quote:

Why? Because there isn't a defense on earth that is designed to hold up for 8-15 seconds...which is how long the average QB has to throw a pass with only a 4 man rush in NCAA 09.

Improved DB AI, Improved Zones..it won't mean squat if my 90+ rated D linemen are getting put on their butts every down by that 72 rated guard or tackle.
I agree 100%. This is what I miss the most from the old-gen games. The pass rush seemed realistic. Now, you get no pressure at all (from a 4 man rush or if you blitz 3 additional LBs). The only time you get a sack is if you're lucky enough for the QB to roll to your side and stay there for 5 seconds.

# 33 J-Unit40 @ 07/25/08 09:00 PM
Quote:

I have a hunch that the reason why there isn't much of a pass rush is to reduce the likelihood of NCAA 08's INT party. Seriously. When the CPU QB is under pressure, what does it usually do? Throw into coverage or just throw blindly somewhere. Sure it may take a sack here and there. I have yet to see the CPU QB throw the ball away/out of bounds. Not once. It will just throw into coverage somewhere.

That is just my guess. I could be totally off-base, but that's my "hunch".

# 34 AuburnAlumni @ 07/25/08 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I have a hunch that the reason why there isn't much of a pass rush is to reduce the likelihood of NCAA 08's INT party. Seriously. When the CPU QB is under pressure, what does it usually do? Throw into coverage or just throw blindly somewhere. Sure it may take a sack here and there. I have yet to see the CPU QB throw the ball away/out of bounds. Not once. It will just throw into coverage somewhere.

I have said it and I will continue to say it until I'm blue in the face.

If they don't address the severe lack of balance on the line of scrimmage...the complete lack of pass rush, the insane number of "pancake" animations each snap on DL, and the overall "Super Blocking" by EVERY linemen...70 rated, 80 rated, 90+ rated..doesn't matter...

If THAT issue isn't #1 as far as "tweaks" go...then NOTHING will change.

It's real simple. NO defense in the entire universe is designed to be able to cover receivers for 8-15 seconds. Nothing else will matter when QBs can literally eat a sandwich, watch TV, call their girlfriends, and still make their reads while the DEs and DTs do the "rodeo animation" lockup with the O line or, get knocked on their butts.

Bottom line.

# 35 Mrcabone @ 07/25/08 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk76
I'm in the same boat. I'm going to be all over NHL 09 in September and unless neither Madden 09 or NFL Head Coach grab me, there's not going to be any time for NCAA 09. Thinking about trading it in.
It really will be a tough choice whether to keep NCAA 09,with Madden coming out next month and Saints Row 2,Fable 2,and NBA 2K9 dropping in October I don't see how i'll be able to keep NCAA unless the gameplay patch completely changes the way the game is played.

# 36 ab2c4 @ 07/25/08 09:32 PM
I was so fed up with the sliders not working and the poor defensive AI I was going to sell this game. I don't care about patch 1 since I don't need it, but if patch 2 contains this and more I am willing to hold on to the game and wait and see. I love the NCAA Football series and had/have so much hope for this game.

Please EA, don't let us die hard NCAA sim players down. It stinks that we have to wait until Sept for patch 2, but it is ironic that the patch won't be released until the start of the real football season.

# 37 cjallure24 @ 07/25/08 09:34 PM
so glad I held out and didn't give in and buy this game,I was close because I usually give in every year.And now that the patch to fix the sliders and etc. isn't going to be out until September in definitly not buying this game.If Madden is as good as the feedback its been getting from the demos I just might get that along with Head Coach 09'.....

# 38 fistofrage @ 07/25/08 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
September would be earlier than most expected.
This is true and besides that we will have accurate rosters by then meaning we will have an idea what the true starting lineups are by then and possibly breakout Freshmen. As long as it fixes what was on that list we'll be good. Hopefully they don't magically break something else in the process.

# 39 I OU aBeatn @ 07/25/08 10:16 PM
AA, I don't know what you're doing, but if you're getting 8-15 seconds to throw, then you need to play better opponents. I can get great pressure anytime I want with a few adjustments, that isn't the problem. The problem is that the coverage is so bad, the QB is able to drift back just enough to be able to dump the ball off to a curl, drag, out, etc.. If they make man coverages more aggressive, zones more effective, hook zones and flats more effective(which were all included in that list), then you're not going to have those WRs getting the free release, which means the blitz WILL get to the QB. The problem isn't with pass rush as much as it is with the absolutely HORRID coverage that enables a WR to get open within a second every single play.

Regardless, you're not getting freaking 8-15 seconds or anywhere near that to throw the ball. Be real.

# 40 callmetaternuts @ 07/25/08 10:19 PM
Quote:

I agree, you know that by now, i think the pass rush is a huge deal, and thats coupled with some other items, but yes, youre right, if QB's have all day to throw, the M2M, Zone, matchup logic wont matter. Will it be better than it is now? I cant see how it would be worse, but there would still be the issue of having too long to throw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40

I think you're dead on. The CPU doesnt know how to throw it away, or tuck it and run (away from pressure) or throw it in the dirt. They are programmed to throw it to someone on each and every play. Take the 1 yard loss or 3 yard gain, dont force it into triple coverage. I think part of it is a reaction from 08, but that logic has been there for awhle.

Quote:
I have said it and I will continue to say it until I'm blue in the face.

If they don't address the severe lack of balance on the line of scrimmage...the complete lack of pass rush, the insane number of "pancake" animations each snap on DL, and the overall "Super Blocking" by EVERY linemen...70 rated, 80 rated, 90+ rated..doesn't matter...

If THAT issue isn't #1 as far as "tweaks" go...then NOTHING will change.

It's real simple. NO defense in the entire universe is designed to be able to cover receivers for 8-15 seconds. Nothing else will matter when QBs can literally eat a sandwich, watch TV, call their girlfriends, and still make their reads while the DEs and DTs do the "rodeo animation" lockup with the O line or, get knocked on their butts.

Bottom line.
Agreed.

As i said before (and to keep it on topic so it doesnt get locked). Im hoping that we can get some sort of confirmation on this. And from sheer curiousity, id like to know how they are fixing, meaning, what are they doing to improve kickoff coverage, (what logic gets tuned), how are we making the pass rush better etc. I think it would be interesting to see how they fix it, if its simply flipping a switch or if they basically say DL, got get CPU QB

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.