Home
News Post

OS just posted another gameplay video from their beta copy of NBA 2K9. This one features the Lakers vs. Celtics with the slider speed set to 40.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 trobinson97 @ 09/20/08 11:41 AM
I liked what I saw, except for the last play ran for Pierce. Like everyone said, 2K really has to but some work into the playcalling area. I had no issue with game speed, I never do, it's editable. It doesn't really matter to me what speed it is at in a video, I'll adjust it to my own liking when I am playing. It doesn't really make sense to complain about something that is totally in your control. How the AI moves when you call a play is not in your control though, and I hope 2K addresses that.

Thanks for the video Mr. Steve.

PS - Oh yeah, Steve have you tried creating a player yet, is that possible in your beta copy?

# 22 bizcanos @ 09/20/08 11:53 AM
The atmosphere and presentation is incredible. The overall animations and individual styles look great. The off the ball movement looks great too. I was never a big fan of calling plays so that part of the game does not matter to me but it needs work as it feels way to disjointed and not organic like Live looks.

But just looking at the difference for 2k8 to 2k9.
- better of the ball movement
- cleaner graphics
- much,much,much more sig style
- incredible atmoshphere and presentation

But the play calling system still needs help and dammnit 2k work on some new commenting.

By the way... I have been playing 2k since the Dreamcst days and I have never been blown away by gameplay videos....well because the people playing the game play no way like I do.

# 23 barrist @ 09/20/08 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Next one I'll do at 45 speed, default is 50, this one was 40. Gotta do some errands first.

Do we get a vote on which teams you'll use?

<-----

# 24 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/20/08 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcanos
The atmosphere and presentation is incredible. The overall animations and individual styles look great. The off the ball movement looks great too. I was never a big fan of calling plays so that part of the game does not matter to me but it needs work as it feels way to disjointed and not organic like Live looks.

- cleaner graphics

But the play calling system still needs help and dammnit 2k work on some new commenting.

By the way... I have been playing 2k since the Dreamcst days and I have never been blown away by gameplay videos....well because the people playing the game play no way like I do.
QFT

# 25 SageInfinite @ 09/20/08 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcanos

- cleaner graphics

This dude is on point

# 26 NEW_ORLEANS @ 09/20/08 11:57 AM
My god the commentary is bland there is no interacting between the two.

# 27 youvalss @ 09/20/08 12:04 PM
So the speed was 40 (out of 50) - that explains the slow game. Looking forward to watching the game at 45 speed.

# 28 bigeastbumrush @ 09/20/08 12:06 PM
This video just emphasizes how revolutionary Live's playcalling is.

I want 2K9 to impress me, it just hasn't happened yet.

# 29 JackTheRipper @ 09/20/08 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Next one I'll do at 45 speed, default is 50, this one was 40. Gotta do some errands first.
The more you do the better. These are all awesome. Much appreciated.

I have to voice my discontent with running plays as well. It's single handily the worst aspect of 2k in my opinion (as far as gameplay). As much as I hated the lead pass nonsense and the monster jams, those things could be alleviated somewhat by sliders. People lazing about on plays can not. It's not like you can pump up the speed because then everything else is going to look ridiculous...and you will just have the guy walking 'quickly' to his spot which is no better anyways.

"But coach, I was walking real fast!"

Hah. Oh well, it looks like I'll just be working the ball around myself again this year.

# 30 PuntNL @ 09/20/08 12:09 PM
Hopefully we get some more videos.. But not impressed so far by 2K9.. that Paul Pierce play in the end... ahhhh terrible... But lets wait for more vids and the demo... Hopefully I get my hands on the full game next saturday at a games convention in Amsterdam...

STill don't know if it will be 2k or live this year... 2K doesn't look to improve very much, besides the nice crowd and presentation.. love the pregame 'show'...

# 31 bizcanos @ 09/20/08 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
The ONLY advantage that 2K9 has over Live 09 is the passing aspect. Everything else Live 09 comes out on top (by far).
So you have played 2K9 and Live 09...

# 32 SageInfinite @ 09/20/08 12:20 PM
Quote:
The ONLY advantage that 2K9 has over Live 09 is the passing aspect. Everything else Live 09 comes out on top (by far).
Yea Live is the king this year.

# 33 ehh @ 09/20/08 12:22 PM
Quote:
LOL. Live is going to be pretty good this year but this is an absurd statement.

# 34 aholbert32 @ 09/20/08 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagic_01
Jeez, you guys are really making it sound like 2K is gonna be a let down.

I haven't watched any videos at all, so I just have to go by what some of you are saying.

I was really excited about this game. But, since these videos have been released, my excitement has dropped a tad.

So are you guys disappointed?

Or is does the game really look great, and it's just nitpicking that is being done?
It was bound to happen. The expectations for this game are ridiculously high so dissapointment was going to come. Steve told me he thinks the game is great and i trust his judgment. I'm not going to judge the game off of 5 min videos with very few slider adjustments.

# 35 Bornindamecca @ 09/20/08 12:22 PM
Quote:
I missed the opportunity yesterday, but this time I'll ask...

Please don't respond to this dude. He hasn't posted anything positive or thoughtful and is just baiting people. The forum's a better place when people don't take the bait.

# 36 trobinson97 @ 09/20/08 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yea Live is the king this year.

# 37 PuntNL @ 09/20/08 12:23 PM
You guys really think that Live tops 2K this year? Still doubting.. 2nite a couple of rounds of live 09 demo for me again...

# 38 Nodima @ 09/20/08 12:28 PM
I played maybe 300 games on 2K6 over 2 years, and probably around 800 on 2K8 in the past year. I can't wait until I play 800 games of 2K9 and 2K10 (they'll need to go to 2010 instead of 2K10 at this point, I hope) and finally get jaded enough with 2K to not be totally amped for this game.

# 39 Blzer @ 09/20/08 12:30 PM
This is game speed on 40? Why do they even bother with game speed settings slower than this?

Players moving up and down the court (well, technically left and right) are going at a near-proper speed, but overall gravity and ball speed is far too slow.

This game does not look to be flowing as well as I had hoped.

# 40 riDIRKulous41 @ 09/20/08 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I missed the opportunity yesterday, but this time I'll ask...

Please don't respond to this dude. He hasn't posted anything positive or thoughtful and is just baiting people. The forum's a better place when people don't take the bait.
You are correct...don't feed the Live trolls

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.