Home
News Post

OS just posted another gameplay video from their beta copy of NBA 2K9. This one features the Lakers vs. Celtics with the slider speed set to 40.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jfsolo @ 09/20/08 01:47 PM
40 is definitely too slow for me. College Hoops 2k8 had a game speed and a player speed slider. I loved the way the game played when I had the game speed at 60 and the player speed at 40.

If they didn't bring the player speed slider over to this game then that's unfortunate because with both those sliders everyone would be able to tune the game to flow exactly how they want it.

# 62 SageInfinite @ 09/20/08 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Man, I thought Big Rob said they were going to fix players walking to their position on a broken play. I was almost screaming at my computer screen when I seen PP walk in slow motion to the 3 line. Some of the new plays in that video are directly from College Hoops which isn't a bad thing. Really wish they would give Derek Fisher a good shot, I always thought that Chris Bosh's shot on 2k7 would be PERFECT for D-Fish but they still keep giving him knock offs
I think derek fishers shot is good.

# 63 23 @ 09/20/08 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
There you go again getting butt-hurt over a diferent opinion. Last time I checked, these forums were about discussion....negative and positive. Apparently being the 2K sheep yourself....you can't take constructive criticism.

Grow up man....it's just a video game.

Pathetic.
Enough of this crap... discuss the game not other posters

# 64 Shakedowncapo @ 09/20/08 01:51 PM
forgot about the player speed slider...would like to know if that made it in.

# 65 DakkoN @ 09/20/08 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I think derek fishers shot is good.
It was a re-hashed Rafer Alston's shot I think, maybe Udonis Haslem. Shooting from the side of the forehead instead of cocking it back like Bosh's shot on 2k7 did and like Fisher does in real life, and like how Boozer shoots.

# 66 bizcanos @ 09/20/08 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
40 is definitely too slow for me. College Hoops 2k8 had a game speed and a player speed slider. I loved the way the game played when I had the game speed at 60 and the player speed at 40.

If they didn't bring the player speed slider over to this game then that's unfortunate because with both those sliders everyone would be able to tune the game to flow exactly how they want it.
2k8 had player and game speed but it was only in the season/association modes.

# 67 23 @ 09/20/08 01:53 PM
Looks like sliders might be good at maybe 45

You guys keep harping on the fact that PP got to the 3pt line slow on that last play, but good lord how can you miss the fact that KG was in prime post up position calling for the ball and Rondo completely ignored him in order to throw Pierce that pass?

I wonder if the sig shots are all still off of stand stills or if you can do them in motion if you're moving. Thats one thing that Im hoping they got in the game.

Overall... I need to see more

# 68 23 @ 09/20/08 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
It was a re-hashed Rafer Alston's shot I think, maybe Udonis Haslem. Shooting from the side of the forehead instead of cocking it back like Bosh's shot on 2k7 did and like Fisher does in real life, and like how Boozer shoots.
In reality Rafer kinda brings his shot from down low though and at an angle whereas Fish's shot is more like you're describing it. They should be nothing alike.

# 69 jfsolo @ 09/20/08 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcanos
2k8 had player and game speed but it was only in the season/association modes.
As an Association only player, that would great for me if its still there.

# 70 bizcanos @ 09/20/08 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS

You guys keep harping on the fact that PP got to the 3pt line slow on that last play, but good lord how can you miss the fact that KG was in prime post up position calling for the ball and Rondo completely ignored him in order to throw Pierce that pass?

I wonder if the sig shots are all still off of stand stills or if you can do them in motion if you're moving. Thats one thing that Im hoping they got in the game.

I also thought he was going to throw it down to KG cuz he was in his signatue post up position.

# 71 jewelz1132 @ 09/20/08 01:57 PM
Quote:

Man I wish the jumpers were like the animations in CAP..In game they are too high and slow

# 72 23 @ 09/20/08 01:58 PM
That was my point, although it was only one time... dont know if this is a frequent occurance or not.

Here's hoping to Steve having a 2k9 itch and can't stop recording videos

# 73 SageInfinite @ 09/20/08 02:03 PM
Quote:
That was my point, although it was only one time... dont know if this is a frequent occurance or not.

Here's hoping to Steve having a 2k9 itch and can't stop recording videos
Seeing too many videos doesn't put a damper on the game for you?

# 74 HeavenlyTouch @ 09/20/08 02:03 PM
Quote:
Yea there isn't, I just like the sound of Kenny's voice better(no homo,lol). Clark sounds like he's really really reading the script. Either way it doesn't make a difference to me. I agree with you that this board is a little too obsessed with commentary. It has never ruined a game for me. Also co-sign on the crowd.
I disagree about commentary, I get so excited by the plays, that if commentary was better and they actually discussed and talked about my players or their performance, I would be inclined to feel even more excited.

When I listen to marv and kerr talk about the game, Kerr really goes indepth. For example he talked about Gasol's ability in the post, and how he's been manhandling the opposing team down there the entire game. They go indepth about players and teams, and they also re-visit instances earlier in the game. Commentating would really take this game over the top since the gameplay is so fun.

# 75 DakkoN @ 09/20/08 02:03 PM
Booted up good ol' 2K7 to get a look at Bosh's old shot again, yeah, that shot was perfect for Fisher.. He cocks that all the way back to his shoulder just like Fish does. Looked at some other shots, and Fisher's shot in that video is definitely Udonis Haslem's sig shot, which isn't like Fisher's at all because it's from the top of his head. Not trying to make a big deal over it but it just irritates me that they literally took out a perfectly good shot for him out of the game and made it not even selectable on 2k8

# 76 jfsolo @ 09/20/08 02:04 PM
Quote:

Ironically, if a specific play hadn't have been run there, Rondo may have given the ball to KG based on the good post up position. The A.I. probably still isn't dynamic enough to deviate from the called play instantaneously, if a great look becomes available early in the set.

# 77 23 @ 09/20/08 02:07 PM
Quote:
Seeing too many videos doesn't put a damper on the game for you?

Well not when im just looking for specific things.

I will get tired of it at some point and will just want to play though.

# 78 23 @ 09/20/08 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Ironically, if a specific play hadn't have been run there, Rondo may have given the ball to KG based on the good post up position. The A.I. probably still isn't dynamic enough to deviate from the called play instantaneously, if a great look becomes available early in the set.
That was a low bball iq move and a bone headed decision by Rondo, because KG was there for a long time.

As I said, hopefully it doesn't happen too often

# 79 aholbert32 @ 09/20/08 02:10 PM
Quote:

Steve was controlling Boston. Blame Steve.

# 80 SageInfinite @ 09/20/08 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
I disagree about commentary, I get so excited by the plays, that if commentary was better and they actually discussed and talked about my players or their performance, I would be inclined to feel even more excited.

When I listen to marv and kerr talk about the game, Kerr really goes indepth. For example he talked about Gasol's ability in the post, and how he's been manhandling the opposing team down there the entire game. They go indepth about players and teams, and they also re-visit instances earlier in the game. Commentating would really take this game over the top since the gameplay is so fun.
I didn't say it didn't add to the experience it just doesn't take anything away for me. I totally agree about the commentary in Live. It definitely makes the game more enjoyable. As far as 2k is concerned, just because the commentary isn't in Live's league, it doesn't make 2k less enjoyable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.