Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

Some stuff you already knew:

Playable teams are Tennesse, Kentucky, 1979 North Carolina and 1982 Michigan State.

You play one half, which is locked at 8 minutes.

Pratice gym from Live is a half court blacktop on campus grounds.

Lots of half court traps and full court presses.

One dude I passed to was completely out of bounds. Only happened once though.

If you liked Live, you should like this as well.

NCAA Basketball 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sgtspit @ 11/06/08 11:10 AM
i just wanna know how the real name can be input into the game.
i havnt bought an Ea B_BALL game in a looong time..

# 22 SageInfinite @ 11/06/08 11:19 AM
The game felt great to me. Its definitely the Live 09 engine and it feels even better in this game. The game looks great as well.

# 23 Behindshadows @ 11/06/08 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtspit
i just wanna know how the real name can be input into the game.
i havnt bought an Ea B_BALL game in a looong time..
You'll see when the retail version comes out. The College Basketball series has always been able to edit the names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The game felt great to me. Its definitely the Live 09 engine and it feels even better in this game. The game looks great as well.
Agreed, good to see I'm not the only unbias person on here, that can see and feel the difference.

Also agree on the look. Game graphics are monster!

# 24 sgtspit @ 11/06/08 11:24 AM
as far as name edits,wasnt sure if they had something like 2kshare

# 25 ehh @ 11/06/08 11:32 AM
EA Locker.

# 26 countryboy @ 11/06/08 11:34 AM
Quote:
looking forward to playing this

# 27 catfish9-5 @ 11/06/08 11:39 AM
I'm curious to check this game out now. I keep having bad memories of the March Madness series, but if shadows and sage are digging NCAA 09, then it must be something to check out. Thanks for unbiased posts and keeping it real.

# 28 The Kid 24 @ 11/06/08 11:50 AM
Are the shorts still baggy in the demo? Cuz I was watching the UNC-Duke video and I thought the shorts were a little big on the players... Or is this just me?

# 29 ehh @ 11/06/08 11:51 AM
They are enormous, too wide and too long IMO - basically too boxy (is that a word?) I guess. But it is a minor enough detail that it won't let it bother me. Then again, SOD shorts in real life are absurd.

# 30 sgtspit @ 11/06/08 12:07 PM
yeah im starting to dig the tempo feature,hop .Wow,i just might get this game for a change of pace.Oh the shorts r xxxx large for all players.So far for a demo this game after playing it for awhile gets my vote.

# 31 Glenn33 @ 11/06/08 12:49 PM
This game is hot. It plays really nice and the control seems really tight. I can't wait to play the retail version.

PS - 4 teams and a full 8 minutes to play? Kudos to whoever put together the demo.

# 32 Jab_Step @ 11/06/08 12:58 PM
Just to confirm the engine question...NCAA Basketball 09 is on the NBA Live 09 engine.

# 33 bases1616 @ 11/06/08 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
Some stuff you already knew:

Playable teams are Tennesse, Kentucky, 1979 North Carolina and 1982 Michigan State.

You play one half, which is locked at 8 minutes.

Pratice gym from Live is a half court blacktop on campus grounds.

Lots of half court traps and full court presses.

One dude I passed to was completely out of bounds. Only happened once though.

If you liked Live, you should like this as well.

You may want to change your title to have demo in it. Some people will think the game is available in stores before they go into the thread.

# 34 SageInfinite @ 11/06/08 01:08 PM
I don't understand how anyone could think this was the Live 08 engine from playing it.

# 35 kwas676 @ 11/06/08 01:22 PM
Quote:
I don't understand how anyone could think this was the Live 08 engine from playing it.
4real man i have live 09 and by mistake I poped in live 08 that my friend let me borrow along time ago, omg live 09 and 08 are night and day, i forgot how bad that game was and if anybody thinks its the live 08 engine go download the live 08 demo trust me its not even close.

# 36 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/06/08 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab_Step
Just to confirm the engine question...NCAA Basketball 09 is on the NBA Live 09 engine.

Nice to see someone here to help out the confusion. I do have a question for you as not one person has been able to answer for me. Does NCAA 09 have the feature like NBA Academy? I would think in a college game it would be more useful to be able to play with the guys that aren't stars. 5 on 5 full/half, 5 on none to run plays, 1 on 1 full/half etc... Please help me out here. Yes or No?

Thanks again for coming on to help the OSers out.

# 37 SeaNNyT @ 11/06/08 01:44 PM
Wow, this game is terrible.

# 38 jrich730 @ 11/06/08 01:53 PM
the demo doesn't have an academy it starts with a miny kevin love on a blacktop with a university background i dont think the acadamey is in this game

# 39 ExtremeGamer @ 11/06/08 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
Awesome impressions.

# 40 countryboy @ 11/06/08 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
care to elaborate?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.