Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 patch has been released for the Xbox 360. The PS3 patch should be released sometime tomorrow. Please post your impressions here.

Here is the original link, that talks about the patch.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 421 justmanj @ 12/14/08 07:31 PM
Is it just me or is NBA 2K9 online not true basketball? All i see are track meets or come down court shoot a three or drive baseline. Defense doesn't exist on either side. I always knew guys like LeBron, Kobe, T-Mac were unbeatable, but when i can drive and dominate a game with SASHA PAVLOVIC something is wrong.

# 422 bball_1523 @ 12/14/08 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmanj
Is it just me or is NBA 2K9 online not true basketball? All i see are track meets or come down court shoot a three or drive baseline. Defense doesn't exist on either side. I always knew guys like LeBron, Kobe, T-Mac were unbeatable, but when i can drive and dominate a game with SASHA PAVLOVIC something is wrong.
I think any sports game online is like that. You need to find some sim ballers on this website to play with.

# 423 Solid-Bri @ 12/16/08 03:03 PM
I've been very impressed with this game since the patch was released. I was absolutely furious with this game when it was first released. But they really redeemed themselves with this patch (though, I am still somewhat bitter that it took two months to finally get a functional product). But yeah... The online actually works now (most of the time), and it runs much more smoothly than it did before. What are the chances we'll ever see NBA 2K running close to 60 FPS online? Unlikely I'm assuming... But man, that would be amazing.

As for the online exploits... That's unavoidable guys. Some people just don't understand the game and just want to win, or have fun, or both. And sometimes that means they're going to run down the court with Lebron and try to dunk it on every possession. The trick is to improve your defense and learn how to neutralize those cheese tactics. 2K can't be held responsible for people who don't know how to play the game honorably.

# 424 jfsolo @ 12/16/08 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Bri
I've been very impressed with this game since the patch was released. I was absolutely furious with this game when it was first released. But they really redeemed themselves with this patch (though, I am still somewhat bitter that it took two months to finally get a functional product). But yeah... The online actually works now (most of the time), and it runs much more smoothly than it did before. What are the chances we'll ever see NBA 2K running close to 60 FPS online? Unlikely I'm assuming... But man, that would be amazing.

As for the online exploits... That's unavoidable guys. Some people just don't understand the game and just want to win, or have fun, or both. And sometimes that means they're going to run down the court with Lebron and try to dunk it on every possession. The trick is to improve your defense and learn how to neutralize those cheese tactics. 2K can't be held responsible for people who don't know how to play the game honorably.
Although I understand why they do it, I do blame the developers for having gameplay and A.I. shortcomings that allow players to succeed so easily through the use of exploits.

# 425 AJizzel @ 12/17/08 12:50 PM
Hey Im new to the patch thing but it sounds like it'll help solve many of my problems. Can anyone tell me exactly how to obtain a patch cuz i dnt know where to get it from. Thanks, anybody.

# 426 Marino @ 12/17/08 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJizzel
Hey Im new to the patch thing but it sounds like it'll help solve many of my problems. Can anyone tell me exactly how to obtain a patch cuz i dnt know where to get it from. Thanks, anybody.
If you go online you should be prompted to download the patch.

# 427 AJizzel @ 12/17/08 04:27 PM
Thanks Marino, I'll give that a try. Also, I forgot to ask, does the patch crossover to ur association?

# 428 Marino @ 12/17/08 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJizzel
Thanks Marino, I'll give that a try. Also, I forgot to ask, does the patch crossover to ur association?
For the gameplay stuff I believe it does, but don't hold me on that.

# 429 AJizzel @ 12/17/08 10:43 PM
I got online, but I wasn't prompted for any downloads nor could I find anything in any option that looked like I could download anything. I need a lil more guidance.

# 430 DallasRocks @ 12/17/08 11:20 PM
I have always played 2K but got a little bored with it last year mainly because it felt the same as years past so I tried Live and liked some of the things it had but have become bored with it because its the same game every time and there is absolutely no defense. I think I'm ready to go back to 2k because I want to be able to play some good sim games, is 2k9 good enough for me to purchase? Any major flaws or drastic changes

# 431 JBH3 @ 12/18/08 08:55 AM
Post-patch has anyone noticed a drop in the ppg league leaders.

Pre-patch I was seeing Lebron James at 28.0 ppg, and guys w/ 27's, and 26's.

Now the leading scorer in my association is Kevin Martin at ONLY about 25 ppg.

I know that there was something done to lower the scoring in an attempt to rid the simmed games of the 125 to 117 final scores we would see, but has this adversely affected the scoring for those guys like Lebron who avg near 30 a game?

# 432 Brooklynnets24 @ 12/18/08 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Post-patch has anyone noticed a drop in the ppg league leaders.

Pre-patch I was seeing Lebron James at 28.0 ppg, and guys w/ 27's, and 26's.

Now the leading scorer in my association is Kevin Martin at ONLY about 25 ppg.

I know that there was something done to lower the scoring in an attempt to rid the simmed games of the 125 to 117 final scores we would see, but has this adversely affected the scoring for those guys like Lebron who avg near 30 a game?
Iv notced this also in the first month of my dynasty the leading scorer is Lebron with 26 and in 2nd is someone with 24 and it dips down further. Iv noticed that leading rebounders are only avg 10-11 per game same with PG and there assists

# 433 Sarah @ 12/19/08 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
I have always played 2K but got a little bored with it last year mainly because it felt the same as years past so I tried Live and liked some of the things it had but have become bored with it because its the same game every time and there is absolutely no defense. I think I'm ready to go back to 2k because I want to be able to play some good sim games, is 2k9 good enough for me to purchase? Any major flaws or drastic changes
In my perspective, the major flaw of the game is in the trade and fastbreak area.

I don't know if the patch has fixed the bugs this video is showing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hStL5...next=1&index=1

However, I still beleive the trade and fastbreak bug is not fixed properly.

# 434 Dealin Rams @ 12/20/08 10:57 AM
Right after I downloaded the patch, I wasn't able to back anyone down in the post. Is that still the case, or has that been addressed?

# 435 DallasRocks @ 12/20/08 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealin Rams
Right after I downloaded the patch, I wasn't able to back anyone down in the post. Is that still the case, or has that been addressed?
I don't have a problem backing anyone down

# 436 sirjam @ 12/21/08 07:49 PM
I played this game when it first came out. I could win on hof ( no sliders) not always but most of the time. This was when everyone was talking about the cpu cheating, backdoors, etc. Then the roster came out and everything was better on hof, less backdoors, etc. However I put this game down because of the camera issues and no drive and kick game. Well I came back to the game after the patch was released. However now it seems almost impossible to win on hof level. My problem is not backdoors or things like that. My problem is I can't score anymore and they are unstoppable on offense. Now I am getting good looks and sometimes even layups in the paint. However I feel cheated everytime I play the game now. There are at least 5 to 10 times a game where I say "get fu##in real 2k. Have you guys noticed a sudden cheating factor for the cpu since the patch was dropped? I dnt mind losing, I just hate the fact that I feel cheated. Missing open threes with shooters and missing layups in the paint with Duncan or dominate post players etc.

# 437 mustardnmayo @ 12/21/08 07:58 PM
The patch didnt fix the CPU substitution rotation, all it did was change the default to rotation instead of fatigue. It doesnt change along with whatever substitution method you change users too.

# 438 DTX3 @ 12/23/08 01:29 AM
This game is just unplayable pre-patch and post-patch. I've tried every slider, every roster, every myth, and every solution that posters have come up with to fix the gameplay, and i continue to be disappointed with the gameplay. HOPEFULLY next year's game(if there is one) will bring back the awesomeness that was 2K8, but until then no more basketball gaming for me.

Thanks 2K, for ruining what was left of my basketball gaming. That's 2 down and 1 more to go, luckily SCEA won't disappoint me as a sports gamer(whats left of me) and bring in another awesome version of Show.

# 439 sirjam @ 12/23/08 11:11 PM
Seriously guys, didn't the computer just get super hard after the patch? I could always beat the cpu on hof, well mostly. However now I can't win any games on hof. Did they mention anything about upping the code for hof?

# 440 SimBaller22 @ 12/25/08 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
This game is just unplayable pre-patch and post-patch. I've tried every slider, every roster, every myth, and every solution that posters have come up with to fix the gameplay, and i continue to be disappointed with the gameplay. HOPEFULLY next year's game(if there is one) will bring back the awesomeness that was 2K8, but until then no more basketball gaming for me.

Thanks 2K, for ruining what was left of my basketball gaming. That's 2 down and 1 more to go, luckily SCEA won't disappoint me as a sports gamer(whats left of me) and bring in another awesome version of Show.

go figure

i thought last years game was garbage...this years game is very good and sim all the way for me when you tweak sliders and player tendencies

last years game the cpu was straight garbage and had no basketball iq

what dont you like about this years game...i find this to be the best in the series..

if you thought last years was better then i have to disagree completely...but i just want to know what is it that bugs you...just want to know

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.