Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 patch has been released for the Xbox 360. The PS3 patch should be released sometime tomorrow. Please post your impressions here.

Here is the original link, that talks about the patch.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 441 bowdown2shadi @ 12/27/08 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
This game is just unplayable pre-patch and post-patch. I've tried every slider, every roster, every myth, and every solution that posters have come up with to fix the gameplay, and i continue to be disappointed with the gameplay. HOPEFULLY next year's game(if there is one) will bring back the awesomeness that was 2K8, but until then no more basketball gaming for me.

Thanks 2K, for ruining what was left of my basketball gaming. That's 2 down and 1 more to go, luckily SCEA won't disappoint me as a sports gamer(whats left of me) and bring in another awesome version of Show.
Can you point out whats so bad about it?

# 442 DC @ 12/28/08 12:08 PM
Quote:
Jab Step Fixes – The ‘Jab Step’ move has been reconstructed to be more balanced in the post. Specifically, it should not be effective in user vs. user games unless the ball-handler touches the defender. Also, performing the ‘Jab Step’ should no longer make the defense go back when the ball-handler loses the dribble.
2K is funny man. They take THAT ^ out but they NOW ADD the user being FORCED to bite on sizeup (LT) moves. Just play the CPU or another user. If you are playing D on them and they press LT, you will be FORCED to shift directions.

Why do they disrespect defense like this man?

# 443 tehova @ 12/28/08 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
2K is funny man. They take THAT ^ out but they NOW ADD the user being FORCED to bite on sizeup (LT) moves. Just play the CPU or another user. If you are playing D on them and they press LT, you will be FORCED to shift directions.

Why do they disrespect defense like this man?

Because the user would never get faked out

# 444 DC @ 12/28/08 12:21 PM
The point is the offense is already THAT powerful, why give them any more advantages. I just feel it makes no sense to force someone to get fakes out.

# 445 Bornindamecca @ 12/29/08 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
The point is the offense is already THAT powerful, why give them any more advantages. I just feel it makes no sense to force someone to get fakes out.
You're right, and so is tehova. What they need is a legitimate first step/step over mechanic, so people would would have to choose how to defend in that situation. Ideally the player ratings on both sides of the ball would add depth to the decision, rather than just having a rock/paper/scissors scenario.

# 446 cornerboy @ 01/08/09 11:09 AM
I'm glad 2K is actually patching unlock some games ( /6 is all i'mma say).. They may not fix ere thing.. but atleast they showing us they are paying some attention to our feed back

# 447 moemoe24 @ 01/18/09 11:18 PM
Does anyone know how to back a guy down in the post? Every since I DL's the patch I cannot do this anymore. Makes the game so much less than it was.

# 448 fatboy @ 01/19/09 09:35 PM
Does anyone know where we can dl the patch for 360 off line users?

# 449 Pratt75 @ 01/20/09 01:03 AM
Yeah, whats up with not being able to back people down in the post?

# 450 elprez98 @ 01/23/09 05:48 PM
The game "feels" like it got another patch the other night when I couldn't log on, I think it was Wednesday night.

# 451 Pared @ 01/26/09 11:35 AM
Maybe it was the new rosters.

# 452 bigsexymarc @ 01/26/09 12:31 PM
Also,have you guys noticed that ever since a couple patches ago, is Association mode, when you simulate some games like I do cause I dont have time to play all 82, the stat leaders are waaaaay below whats realistic in real life. All options are turned to normal too like 12 min simulated quarters and stuff. But when you got the leading NBA scorer averaging about 25-26 ppg, and leading rebounder which is D Howard averaging just over 10 a game and no one else averaging 10 in the whole NBA, also in assists, the leading assitis guy doesnt even average 10 assists per game. Also the leading team in most points scored a game is under 100 points. Can someone please tell me why this is? Before all the patches everything was normal in the association stat categories but now it is extrememly low and its not realisitic for me.

# 453 morro316 @ 01/27/09 01:37 PM
I've had a Google but found nothing so just thought I'd ask - has the patch for the PAL version of 2K9 been released or is it the repeat of last year with no PAL patch ever released?

# 454 Mintsa @ 01/27/09 05:12 PM
Anyone notice a change in the gameplay since the last roster update ???

I'm seeing lots of shots in the paint dropping again, lots of shots that get blocked but still go in, contested 3's dopping more, even the overall game speed seems a tad bit sluggish than a week ago ???

PS: THESE ARE ALL OBSERVATIONS DURING ONLINE RANKED MATCHES.

# 455 mike879 @ 02/03/09 08:17 AM
Hi guys.

Just a question. I dont own 360 yet but im planning to buy. But I dont plan to connect my xbox to the internet. I love playing sports games most specially 2k9.

With this thread, can I just download the rosters, sliders etc. in my PC and just transfer it to the xbox and play with it?

Thanks.

# 456 elliottcarbone @ 02/08/09 04:36 PM
This game is absolutely amazing and it is very addictive. From the gameplay to the graphics this is the game to get for next gen basketball games. I thought NBA Live was the best basketball game out there, boy was I wrong.

# 457 noformstyle @ 03/26/09 01:26 AM
So do we have the consensus that online 5 v 5 is fixed for both

360 and ps3.

I am thinking about buying a ps3, cause i can get mlb 09 the show also.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.