Home
Madden 2010 News Post

This week we are starting to go through the rosters and tune each individual player's body to match their real life counter part.

I know as a fan when one of your favorite players is wrong it can take you out of the experience.

So the question to you is: Which players need the most work? Please give specifics. On the flip side are there any players you wouldn't touch?

Thanks as always,

Mike Y

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 zoltan @ 02/10/09 12:47 PM
i would make some of the athletes a little skinnier, like

desean jackson

reggie bush

steve breaston

ted ginn jr

dennis dixon

pat white

guys like that.. the taller lanky faster guys........ i think they look too big in this game.......

like jeremy maclin looked like in ncaa 09.... he looked good and realistic....

# 122 Obelysk @ 02/10/09 01:47 PM
Also Laurence Maroney has dreadlocks but in the game he deosn't have any:

# 123 marshallfever @ 02/10/09 02:13 PM
How did we go from playing skills to accessories and dreadlocks???

EDIT: Forget it, i went to page 11 and found out how we strayed from the thread title.

# 124 glitchditcher @ 02/10/09 03:00 PM
Maurice Jones-Drew.

He looks like Darren Sproles in the game when in reality he is stocky and bulky as hell. He's just short.

# 125 glitchditcher @ 02/10/09 05:21 PM
Also- Why does Darren McFadden have such a high juke move rating ? He may be incredibly explosive, but he does not have elite lateral movement. Brandon Jacobs has better open-field moves than that kid. Seriously. Have you seen him run ? He runs by people. Not around them. What makes him so special is his acceleration, speed, and vision.. definitely not his moves. His juke move should be an 85 tops. TOPS.

# 126 Chi Dynasty12 @ 02/10/09 05:23 PM
I agree, Urlacher needs to be fixed, and Kyle Orton, he wears loose sleeves.

By the way, are you adding more facemasks??? This must be done

# 127 Tengo Juego @ 02/10/09 06:59 PM
I think all that is being said, should definitely be talked about. Tuning individual players includes appearance.

# 128 NYyankz225 @ 02/10/09 07:14 PM
This thread is the reason I don't envy Ian. Even the hardcore fans can't agree on what's most important. We have people in this thread arguing that adding the latest fashion accessory will lead to more realism, while you have another (more like me) that argues that the gameplay needs fixing if it wants to be realistic. AND they need to attract the casual fan.

Good luck Ian.

# 129 sva91 @ 02/10/09 08:16 PM
I think Madden really needs to add LOOSE HANGING QB SLEEVES. I dont know what the exact name is, but they're the sleeves Romo, Brady, the Mannings, Big Ben, and countless other Qb's sport. It would be great if someone can post a picture. I cant get into playing with the Boys, because Im so used to seeing romo in his oversized T-shirt.

also forearm wrsitbands ala romo and skinny hip towels like Reggie Bush wears.

# 130 Tengo Juego @ 02/10/09 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
This thread is the reason I don't envy Ian. Even the hardcore fans can't agree on what's most important. We have people in this thread arguing that adding the latest fashion accessory will lead to more realism, while you have another (more like me) that argues that the gameplay needs fixing if it wants to be realistic. AND they need to attract the casual fan.

Good luck Ian.
Thats part of their job. To decide what can/cant be done. I'm sure they have enough people involved to improve both areas.

But if I had to choose. I would go with you, Gameplay is king to me as well.

# 131 thegoons21 @ 02/11/09 02:35 AM
For the love of all things holy please reduce the length of the players' arms. Especially Mr. Portis. Steal some of the player models from the NCAA game too.

# 132 bgizle @ 02/11/09 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225

Good luck Ian.

Think you hit it head on. I guess it is nice to have, but I didn't think this needed to be addressed as much as other things. When I think of presentation, I don't think of the towell hanging from the QB's belt, but an integration of ESPN, some decent(smart) stats, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
Freaks of Nature: Larry Fitzgerald,Vernon Davis,Patrick Willis,T.O.,Boldin

I'm hoping Davis actually has a couple of decent seasons soon, him being a freak of nature!

# 133 WilliamJHolla42 @ 02/11/09 11:49 AM
Mr. Young,

Just a couple of questions for you about character tuning... How does EA Sports juxtapose physical attributes and athletic ability in the game? For example... Larry Fitzgerald is an elite pass catcher because of his leaping ability, timing and BIG *** HANDS! If he had small hands he might not be as good. Individual characteristics have a huge impact on what a player can and can't do. Now, with that being said, there are exceptions on both sides of this rule. There are great players who don't have the measurables, but how do you represent this in the game? How do you work the measurables in to dictate someones ability or is it simply based on numeric ratings? In my opinion, this has to be the next step in player ratings and abilities in future iterations of Madden.

# 134 mavfan21 @ 02/11/09 02:57 PM
Larry Fitzgerald needs a 26" waist.

Seriously, his tiny little waist is so noticable, needs to be in there.

# 135 UtahUtes32 @ 02/11/09 10:49 PM
I think that the shoulder pads height/ overall size needs to be toned down for EVERY player, and about 80-90% of players in NFL wear Lineman Cut jerseys, very tight around the arms, and why cant we add in the Quarterback jerseys with the loose arms, like peyton manning wears?

# 136 UtahUtes32 @ 02/11/09 11:01 PM
i think we need the "half-sleeves" in the game like tom brady, matt ryan and many other qbs

# 137 TWeezy @ 02/12/09 02:16 PM
I would like to see T. Owens slightly bigger, he easily has the most muscle mass out of any reciever in the league. Also i would like to see guys like zach tomas, rey lewis, and merriman to look just completly jacked and wider than anyone else on the field. Along with zach tomas, in real life he doesn't even look like he has a neck his shoulder pads are so high that the touch his helmet, i was wondering if you could fix that at all. I would also like to see guys like Osi Umenura, Justin Tuck, and D. Ware look more athletic. Justin Tuck is not a wide guy. He is acually sort of lanky, but with alot of muscle mass, and his and it is his more athletic body that helps him get around the edge. Guy like james harrison should look like a wood cube. He is short and wide, but it works for him. Also i was wondering if you would be editing the pads as well. Because guys like Tony Romo have really wide pads compared to their bodies and there jerseys are really loose around their arms. I just wanna say thanks for asking the players for advice, because we are the ones who play the game. Also, can you guys keep releasing these little previews about whats gonna be in the new game. Every time i hear something new, i tell all they guys on my floor, and it get everyone really pumped about getting the new madden.

# 138 TWeezy @ 02/12/09 02:23 PM
Not to bring up 2k5 but if you have played it, you know that the player models were slightly awkward. They all look like the stuck their butts out when the ran. Well thats exactly what larry fitzgerald look like in real life, so it would be cool to see you guys match that for him. also it would be cool to see player specific animations such as surtain quarteback lick their fingers. After touchdowns Brian Westbrook leads the whole stadium in the Fly eagles Fly chant. (Even if it is gay). Maybe have all the players gathered around in a circle around rey lewis.

# 139 likebuttababy11 @ 02/12/09 07:22 PM
I'd like to see guys like Pat Williams or Shaun Rogers stand out more on defense,these guys are huge.

# 140 SteelerSpartan @ 02/12/09 08:15 PM
These Are Players that Need the Sleevless Option.......Again This is going on the last update of Madden 09(There may be more but this is just a brief look through of the players I know need them)

Giants
Brandon Jacobs
Derrick Ward
Burress
Hixon
Kevin Boss
UmenYiora
Kiwanuka
Tuck
Fred Robbins
Danny Clark
Antonio Pierce
Sam Madison
C.Webster

Jaguars
Fred Taylor
Jones-Drew

Packers

Ryan Grant
Greg Jennings
D.Driver

Panthers
Peppers

Raiders
D.McFadden
J.Fargas
Huff
D.Burgess

Ravens
Ray Lewis
Suggs
McGahee
McClain
Ray Rice
Mason
L.Neal

Redskins
Devin Thomas
Jason Taylor
Rocky Mcintosh

Saints
Colston
Shockey

SeaHawks
Leonard Weaver
Tapp
Kerney
Julian Peterson

Texans
Slaton
Andre Johnson
K.Walter
Mario Williams

Titans
Chris Johnson
White
Kearse
Vanden Bosch
Haynesworth
Finnegan
Michael Griffin
Chris Hope

Vikings
J.Allen
Both DT Williams

Bears
Forte

Bengals
R.Geathers

Bills
Parrish

Browns
J.Lewis
Cribbs
Vickers
K.Winslow

Cardinals
Hightower
Fitzgerald
Boldin
A.Wilson
Dockett
Dansby
B.Berry
R-Cromartie
Hood

Colts
Addai
Bob Sanders
Rhodes
Gonzales

CowBoys
M.Barber
Felix Jones
T.Choice
Roy Williams
J.Witten
Ware

Dolphins
Brown
Joey Porter

Eagles
Buckhalter
Curtis
LJ Smith

Falcons
Turner

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.