Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is another video from Major League Baseball 2K9. This one shows off a few things, including an in game injury.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Eddie1967 @ 02/15/09 04:19 PM
Loved just about everything except when he jumped up after being injured. Looked a bit weird, but that's usually in most of 2k's games for some reason. Would like to see him stand up in a more normal way. I'm still loving these videos nonetheless, and the play by play with the real time atmosphere is breathtaking.

Just take a long look at the video and look at the fans and the players and coaches in the background. WOW!

And for those that want early inning crowd participation, they sounded great and even had the "here we go phillies" chant and they were up by 2 runs.

Notice the crowd going silent on the pop up out and the final out to stop the big inning.

More great videos.

# 2 Mercury112491 @ 02/15/09 04:31 PM
i think that video all but confirms there are no take out slides this year. First thing that I'm really bummed about. Oh well, if no take out slides is my only complaint i'm really happy.

gotta say i'm really getting a MVP 04 feeling. I know we haven't played it yet, but I really feel like this is gonna be like 04 where everything was there for a perfect game minus a couple things that needed to be fixed.

Watch out for MLB 2k10

# 3 hitstreak13 @ 02/15/09 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Loved just about everything except when he jumped up after being injured. Looked a bit weird, but that's usually in most of 2k's games for some reason. Would like to see him stand up in a more normal way. I'm still loving these videos nonetheless, and the play by play with the real time atmosphere is breathtaking.

Just take a long look at the video and look at the fans and the players and coaches in the background. WOW!

And for those that want early inning crowd participation, they sounded great and even had the "here we go phillies" chant and they were up by 2 runs.

Notice the crowd going silent on the pop up out and the final out to stop the big inning.

More great videos.
Very well stated. However, I am still noticing that the CPU literally swings at everything in the strike zone. If there isnt a slider to fix this, I can imagine people throwing balls on purpose in order to generate realistic pitch counts.

# 4 -Boss- @ 02/15/09 04:37 PM
Loved it all except the part where he got injured and just jumped up. Hopefully in future games when a player gets hurt, a trainer and/or coach will come out.

# 5 jeffy777 @ 02/15/09 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Very well stated. However, I am still noticing that the CPU literally swings at everything in the strike zone. If there isnt a slider to fix this, I can imagine people throwing balls on purpose in order to generate realistic pitch counts.
Yeah, I really hope there is a slider for this. I do throw balls on purpose just to try to get them to chase (especially when I'm ahead in the count), but they shouldn't be swinging at every strike, especially borderline pitches.

# 6 mastershake88 @ 02/15/09 04:39 PM
um...why did the dude just get up after being injured...things like this test my patience with mlb 2k9 lol makes me wanna get a ps3 for the show.

# 7 brendanrfoley @ 02/15/09 04:39 PM
Holy moly!

Did I just see a looping, gap shot double where the ball stopped before reaching the wall. In a 2K baseball game? Nice!

# 8 Eddie1967 @ 02/15/09 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Yeah, I really hope there is a slider for this. I do throw balls on purpose just to try to get them to chase (especially when I'm ahead in the count), but they shouldn't be swinging at every strike, especially borderline pitches.
Yeah, I would suspect there would be slides to remedy this.

# 9 larma @ 02/15/09 04:44 PM
The jump looked strange but other than that everything looked nice.

# 10 hitstreak13 @ 02/15/09 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
Holy moly!

Did I just see a looping, gap shot double where the ball stopped before reaching the wall. In a 2K baseball game? Nice!
This game has massive potential. The real time thing, Thorne's playcalling, etc. is just truly amazing. But like I said earlier, it may be a game killer for some if the CPU swings at everything in the strike zone. If there is a slider to combat this, looks like I'm getting 2 games this year.

# 11 Tully @ 02/15/09 05:04 PM
Looks like this game is going to give The Show a run for the money this time.

# 12 buzzguy @ 02/15/09 05:05 PM
Wow! Looking better every day! Wasn't thrilled with how fast Kazmir got-up after being injured, or the batboy walking through the batter, but that's about it! Everything else looks really good.
Now I'm really on the fence.

# 13 dcarsnyy @ 02/15/09 05:06 PM
I can deal with the weird injury reaction stuff...but the CPU needs to take strikes in this game...must be fixed for game release, if not, hopefully sliders can do something.

# 14 myghty @ 02/15/09 05:07 PM
Nice vid. Like everyone else has mentioned, dont like that the CPU hacks at everything close, also dont like that the camera follows the ball on a basic foul ball behind the catcher. Other than that it looks good.

# 15 jeffy777 @ 02/15/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Yeah, I would suspect there would be slides to remedy this.
Yes, I would suspect it too, but unfortunately the screenshots of the sliders don't show the AI batting sliders that governed this in years past. They are strangely absent ("AI take strike ahead", "AI take strike behind", etc)

# 16 thmst30 @ 02/15/09 05:25 PM
All of the "cutscenes" are very robotic, the players just kind of jerk/glitch when they move and it looks very cheesy to me. Maybe a rental at best this year for me.

# 17 Skyboxer @ 02/15/09 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike360
I'm wondering if the final version has smoothed some of that out.
Hope so. That's really the only thing that bothers me. I know 2K is getting there so as long as the gameplay is good I'll love the cameras and cursor/zone hitting. After the last couple years I was actually "sort of" glad I would have just the one baseball game I could focus on but with how it looks like 2K has improved I'll be back once again juggling the 2 and that makes me even happier...

# 18 jeffy777 @ 02/15/09 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike360
I'm wondering if the final version has smoothed some of that out.
My guess would be yes since Simballer said the final version will have optimized game code, but only time will tell for sure.

# 19 brendanrfoley @ 02/15/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
My guess would be yes since Simballer said the final version will have optimized game code, but only time will tell for sure.
The videos at IGN and GCHD (both captured at 60fps) also animate more smoothly than Steve's. I love that OS is doing this, but I hope people realize those videos are captured at half the game's framerate (30fps). The OS videos are essentially missing half the frames.

That said, there are some jerky animations. The developer said they didn't have time to do a total animation replacement. My guess is that will come for 2K10 and beyond.

# 20 Eddie1967 @ 02/15/09 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
The videos at IGN and GCHD (both captured at 60fps) also animate more smoothly than Steve's. I love that OS is doing this, but I hope people realize those videos are captured at half the game's framerate (30fps). The OS videos are essentially missing half the frames.

That said, there are some jerky animations. The developer said they didn't have time to do a total animation replacement. My guess is that will come for 2K10 and beyond.
That is good news for the people who have fear of framerate issues for this game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.