Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is just a random video from our Major League Baseball 2K9 beta. I'll try to get some of the hit variety in future clips, as I'm just playing around with the video software in this one.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 PVarck31 @ 02/22/09 10:17 PM
Guys can we please try to keep things a little more civil. Thank you.

# 82 Hoos @ 02/22/09 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Thanks for backing me up on this one bro. I was out for the night, and didn't want to make this one a text battle where I started running away with paragraphs.

Basically, this is and has been an issue in the game. I'm just addressing that the Papi thing probably wasn't attributed to him being Papi, and was more so attributed to the game being the game that it is and has been.
To tell you the truth, I've seen a similar occurence while playing The Show as well. In fact I hit a homerun with Werth today while playing the 09 demo and something about it just did'nt seem right so I watched the video replay in slo-mo and the situation was almost exactly like the homeruns in question here with 2K9. Based on the pitch (ball) location just outside the strike zone, it should have not resulted in the homerun that I hit. Also, the position of the bat at the split second it made contact with the ball was off as well. Based on the bat to ball contact point, the ball should have landed in a much different spot in the outfield bleachers.

Point is, this does happen in both games although it may be more prominent in one versus the other.

It's been said before, but no game will ever be 100% perfect and do everything precisely how we expect it to.

# 83 Blzer @ 02/22/09 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKermit
This picture really doesn't give you a good indication of where the pitch was, though. It looks to me like the ball has already connected with the bat, and is heading out to left. Meaning the pitch could easily have been on the outside corner.
How could that be? He didn't hit a ground ball or liner, it was a fly ball home run. The ball is at this point already at equal height with the bat, so he would have swung over the ball to hit it.

Either way, it doesn't look good.

# 84 Blzer @ 02/22/09 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz
now, FF to 3:21 in this video...tuffy rhodes playing in japan now, hits a homerun EXACTLY like markakis did in this video, pitch is in the same location and everything...and this ball didn't just barely clear the fence either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqsiZ2fPfbA

are we going to argue that real life has bad programming too? will this even DEAD the argument? I doubt it. carry on kids.
With three differences:

1) Markakis crushed his ball. It didn't just clear the fence, it went 400 feet with ease.

2) Rhodes didn't hit it off the end of the bat. He hit in on the end side (as opposed to the handle side), but still fully with barrel.

3) And this is the biggest one... the pitch was nowhere close to being the same. It was knee-high over the middle of the plate.

# 85 MattyAction @ 02/23/09 12:09 AM
has anyone heard if the cpu will be taking any strikes? It seems like they swing at everything in the zone. I'd really like realistic pitch counts. Or maybe theres a slider for this? Thanks in advance.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.