Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Here is just a random video from our Major League Baseball 2K9 beta. I'll try to get some of the hit variety in future clips, as I'm just playing around with the video software in this one.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 12:04 PM
Hey video quality, lookin good.

# 2 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 12:05 PM
Can we see a Randy Johnson vs Matt Holliday or Jason Giambi atbat?

# 3 SPTO @ 02/21/09 12:05 PM
With the Jays rating i'm surprised they put up 5 runs LOL

As I said in the other thread nice to see the directly behind the pitcher view as that's what used during Jays home games.

# 4 Blzer @ 02/21/09 12:06 PM
Remember when I said Ortiz's homer in that IGN video didn't bother me?

Well, that Markakis homer in this video bothered me.

# 5 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 12:08 PM
Hahah why did it bother you?

# 6 Brady2Moss81 @ 02/21/09 12:10 PM
Good to see that the arrow is more of an off or over the wall indicator now than an automatic home run. Do you think this means that hits will be dependent on contact and they won't just be canned home runs now? Because I don't think I saw 5 balls hit the wall last year, and now there's an abundance of them. And if this is the case, then I hope we will see a lot more balls hit off the wall in Fenway. (Even though I'm a Yankees fan, I would love to see some hits off the monster.)

# 7 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 12:13 PM
For some reason this looks alot more clean than any of those A's Mariners videos. Me likey.

# 8 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 12:19 PM
@kGinGreen

Dont jump to that conclusion!...He could be on HGH! lol

# 9 Blzer @ 02/21/09 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinginAs12
Hahah why did it bother you?
Well, I'm not going to get too deep without it sounding like I'm just looking for bad things to talk about, but Markakis only hit four home runs in that vicinity last year, none of which cleared 400 feet. It was a runaway two-seamer well off the plate that he scorched off the end of the bat, to boot.

It just leads me to believe that this won't be a one time occurrence, even for players weaker than little Nicky.

# 10 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 12:21 PM
Maybe its time for a change in Nick's world. Its called, weights, weights, weights. lol

# 11 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 12:23 PM
@kGinGreen

Yeah roids seems are in this season. They're just trying to fit in with the croud.

Hey, if A-Rod does it.. Well why dont we!?

# 12 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 12:23 PM
Sorry im not a strong speller hah

# 13 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 12:25 PM
Get a room.

# 14 hitstreak13 @ 02/21/09 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
Is it just me or the video but there seems to be a pause or a missed frame when the ball is actually hit. Sometimes it's like you dont see the ball being actually hit. It just kind of jumps off the bat. There's a framerate drop there?
I actually thought there was a missed frame as well, sort of like a delay. Well, it might have just been us 2 because others would have already mentioned this.

# 15 Blzer @ 02/21/09 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
i've noticed it before though, in previous versions as well. It's just weird how 2k said 60 fps "when the ball is in play". I know this is a beta but I wouldn't be surprised at all from their wording that this is what we are going to see.
We could possibly attribute it to the video capture. I'm sometimes witnessing 20 consecutive frames just not there. That's something that I just feel has to do more with the video than anything else.

# 16 SwinginAs12 @ 02/21/09 12:31 PM
That makes 3209423094829034 of us

# 17 Knight165 @ 02/21/09 12:44 PM
I'll tell you what is very cool.
Active bullpens......that looks awesome!

Also I liked how the crowd went after the ball....looked perfect.

Steve...on the "errors" video....were you controlling Pie on that bobble?....
If so...were you still moving and that's why there was an error...or did was it simply a bobble?

Markakis' bobble also looked good. That was a good animation for the error.

Much better videos than the A's - M's vids for some reason.

...and yes...YUCK on those bat sounds......also..on the homer...it looked like an extend-a-bat for that one!

M.K.
Knight165

# 18 sirwoodz @ 02/21/09 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well, I'm not going to get too deep without it sounding like I'm just looking for bad things to talk about, but Markakis only hit four home runs in that vicinity last year, none of which cleared 400 feet. It was a runaway two-seamer well off the plate that he scorched off the end of the bat, to boot.

It just leads me to believe that this won't be a one time occurrence, even for players weaker than little Nicky.

- you are going over the top now. never played a basketball game and seen someone dunk who never dunks? ever seen a WR burn a db who they'd never burn in real life in madden?

so now we are holding 2ksports to a higher standard than we do other sports video games? an almost unrealistic one at that?

# 19 sirwoodz @ 02/21/09 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
I actually thought there was a missed frame as well, sort of like a delay. Well, it might have just been us 2 because others would have already mentioned this.
- it's the videos. the HD gaming website has videos up, and they run pretty smooth. so do the ones at gamespot...

# 20 Blzer @ 02/21/09 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwoodz

- you are going over the top now. never played a basketball game and saw someone dunk who never dunks? ever seen a WR burn a db who they'd never burn in real life?

so now we are holding 2ksports to a higher standard than we do other sports video games? an almost unrealistic one at that?
It's not that. Since 2K5, it seems as though pitch location, player capabilities, Inside Edge... all of that is pretty much irrelevant. No joke, I've blasted 435 foot home runs with Rich Aurilia in RCF at AT&T Park. That's not just impossible, that's unimaginable. Players like Jhonny Peralta cranking an inside pitch the other way with full authority like Ortiz would with a "meatball" in real life is a simple indication of stuff like this being pretty off.

Remember, a lot of it has to do with the fact that they have an implemented Inside Edge feature not properly working. The other lot has to do with this game's history of having this issue, and that, when comparing to the Ortiz home run that people had a problem with earlier, this one deserves to have a flag thrown.

BTW I have a problem with flashy Derek Fisher dunks in basketball games as well.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.