Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has posted another Madden NFL 10 blog, as they break down the first screenshot, posted a couple of days ago.

Quote:
"Two days ago, Peter Moore released the first official Madden NFL 10 screenshot on his blog [link]. These are pretty exciting times for the community and for us on the development team. For us it is a chance to see what the community thinks of our hard work to this point.

Some of you may know me from last year, but if not, I'm Michael Young, the Art Director for Madden NFL 10 and NCAA Football 10. I'm in my second season as Art Director for Madden NFL and first on NCAA. I'm also an avid sports photographer, and through my roles on Madden and NBA Street, I have been able to shoot some amazing events from the sidelines of big time sporting events, including Super Bowl XLIII. In today's blog, I'm going to go to really dive into some detail on one of our new features that you likely will have noticed right off the bat: Depth of Field. In addition, I will talk about the 9 other Madden NFL 10 enhancements shown in the shot unveiled on Peter's blog."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 07:44 PM
Here's a good example, Keith Smith of the lions in 2007 had to have K. Smith on his jersey.

In 2008 he and rookie rb Kevin Smith only had to wear the name Smith on the back of their jerseys.

2007:

2008:

# 122 bowdown2shadi @ 03/25/09 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I think that Ray Lewis still wears the R.Lewis on his jersey (even though we don't have any other Lewis'), so does that mean they're only enforcing this in the future?

I'm pretty sure this picture is from last year because it has the white jerseys and black pants, but I'm not 100% sure, I may be wrong on this.
Really Melo, CDP 5s with a Ravens jersey...

# 123 SouthernBrick @ 03/25/09 07:57 PM
I noticed that big ben's throwing arm looks like his muscle's are flexing a little bit more than when he was looking for a open reciever before he releases the ball???

If you look real close at his face it looks like he's smiling a bit or grining, maybe this is some of the procedural awarness kicking in??? If he is grining or smiling its because he see's that hines ward has a step on his man or he believe's that he threw a good pass on important down???

your thoughts???

# 124 Ty @ 03/25/09 07:59 PM
I love the depth of field in video games. It looks really nice and adds to the realism. Also, the other enhancements and addition of other things BACK into madden make this one a one to look out for.

# 125 Michael_Young_EA @ 03/25/09 08:32 PM
After the season he just had, we reworked his head from scratch. A must for me since he's my favorite player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
That picture of Kurt Warner is real good. Looks just like him

# 126 Michael_Young_EA @ 03/25/09 08:37 PM
That is a known bug that we couldn't fix in time. Trust me it will be correct when the game ships. I'll try to post a screenshot here when we fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
They still messed up on Big Ben's helmet he wears a regular riddell one (the first choosable helmet in the player editor) instead of a schutt one like in the screens.

# 127 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
That is a known bug that we couldn't fix in time. Trust me it will be correct when the game ships. I'll try to post a screenshot here when we fix it.
Yeah I think I pointed it out a few posts down that all the players were wearing the adams helmet, even the players with the revolution helmets had an adams helmet but a revolution facemask.

I knew you guys weren't going to leave that as is

# 128 Stroehms @ 03/25/09 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I noticed that big ben's throwing arm looks like his muscle's are flexing a little bit more than when he was looking for a open reciever before he releases the ball???

If you look real close at his face it looks like he's smiling a bit or grining???

They re-worked Big Ben from that top picture to what you see in the final two.

# 129 Michael_Young_EA @ 03/25/09 08:46 PM
If you guys see any players that bug you in screenshots from here to ship just send me a PM and we'll take a second look. We'll get shots of all the teams out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
Know what would be cool? If from now until the end of development Michael could post a short blog with a picture of one high profile player from each team. Although the art team is clearly doing a great job, the community might have suggestions on some of the big name players like they did with Ben which could help improve the realism in the model and the jerseys. I'd hate for Big Ben to be the only one to get the "special treatment" and not any others. Although I'm sure they're constantly tweaking them anyway.

# 130 NYyankz225 @ 03/25/09 08:48 PM
I made a suggestion earlier...I think it would be really sweet if you were able to take some snapshots of a few of the big name players on every team to make sure that we can have the same possibility that we had with Big Ben for other players on our teams. Hope that's a possibility

# 131 cedwebb @ 03/25/09 08:48 PM
Big Ben looks great but I was comparing the game to the real photos of him in this thread and his facemask is not correct. His mask has a weird curve in it that extends the bottom down past his chin a bit to give him more protection. I don't think any other QBs have it but if you look at a real photo you will see what I mean. It really isn't a big deal to me but if it were a Viking I would def want it as close to the real deal as possible. As a matter of fact every year on the next gen system Tavarius Jackson is wearing a Peyton Manning looking facemask and he has NEVER even wore that helmet. It is so far off but luckily the one he does wear is in the game and can be fixed.

# 132 bowdown2shadi @ 03/25/09 08:50 PM
Quote:
If you guys see any players that bug you in screenshots from here to ship just send me a PM and we'll take a second look. We'll get shots of all the teams out.
Oh really!? Would you be posting new screens every week or every other week? Sorry if you already answered this Michael....

Great work btw!

# 133 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 08:53 PM
Quote:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...adly-do-2.html

I could make a list right now of every player in the game with the wrong equipment and what to change but I don't know what new facemasks/helmets you guys are adding so some of those would be tough.

# 134 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
We need to be focusing on the bodies not the equipment. Players switch equipment all the time but their bodies rarely change. Let's help Michael and the crew get the bodies correct and we can change equipment when the game is released.
Becuase those changes don't take effect when playing online, why not just have them right out of the box so it's not a problem?

Also in 09 when editing players it took away their special commentary from collinsworth. Ex. if you changed Mcfadden's equipment his lines would no longer be said by Collinsworth even furthering the already lacking commentary.

# 135 Hotlanta @ 03/25/09 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Becuase those changes don't take effect when playing online, why not just have them right out of the box so it's not a problem?

Also in 09 when editing players it took away their special commentary from collinsworth. Ex. if you changed Mcfadden's equipment his lines would no longer be said by Collinsworth even furthering the already lacking commentary.
Are you serious? If that's true I might have to go back to using the normal updated rosters then...

# 136 Obelysk @ 03/25/09 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
We need to be focusing on the bodies not the equipment. Players switch equipment all the time but their bodies rarely change. Let's help Michael and the crew get the bodies correct and we can change equipment when the game is released.
Well if that is the case than I would say that Vince Wilfork needs to be reworked, he is way too tall right now. When you use the prowl formation and he stands up he is taller than all the LBs when in reality he is 6'2 and the same size as them.

# 137 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 09:08 PM
I can already tell you Darnell Dockett is way too huge in the game he is actually pretty slender with some big muscles.

I'm going to go ahead and say pretty much every player to some degree needs to be reworked.

# 138 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 09:10 PM
Very true.

Michael Young is going to be recieving A LOT of pms from me

# 139 sportzbro @ 03/25/09 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta
Are you serious? If that's true I might have to go back to using the normal updated rosters then...

Please, at least add the Reebok cleats EA guys.

# 140 KANE699 @ 03/25/09 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydra
In the last photo, Rothlisberger's body is still not big enough. More work appears to be needed on some of the player modeling!!!
It's because he isn't wearing his flack jacket, which arent in the game............ yet, I hope.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.